Server crashed AGAIN

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Grummy_NB Augur

Really would be nice if they had a place to test this stuff before pushing to the live servers... you know, a Test Server?
    Herf likes this.
  2. Repthor Augur

fixed it for you
  3. Poote Lorekeeper

Escape from Tarkov, Borderlands 3, Division 2, Destiny 2, Valorant, Fortnite, Warzone, FF7 Remake, Animal Crossing, GTA V. Twitch.TV, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Youtube, Disney+, Pokemon GO, (Insert Random Cellphone game here). Break out the old console platforms, spotify and blast some music yer neighbors "LOVE"

ALWAYS SOMETHING TO DO.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Exactly right.
  5. Mannhec Lorekeeper

LoL, I really have been looking for an alternate game to play when we have these types of issues, kill the time but not sink all my time in. I love the EQ format and is the only game I play. Looking for suggestions. I have tried EQ2, WoW, Rift etc.
  6. Galarian Elder

7. Posterior Pain New Member

Grats MS on number 2?
  8. Endorek Lorekeeper

they can fix things or they can give updates but as anyone who's ever fixed anything with someone looking over their shoulder can tell you, doing the second slows the first
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  9. Poote Lorekeeper

"Nothing needs fixing in Everquest because nothing is ever broke. It's working as intended." ~ EQ Dev.

"Everquest servers are an unstable environment." ~ Ngreth
  10. Vex440 New Member

Congrats you big bunch of Deuces!
  11. Mannhec Lorekeeper

OK, now I laugh. Thanks!
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Best comment I've seen so far!! lol
  13. Zulan Lorekeeper

Nothing worse than being IT when the servers start crashing. Thanks for keeping this game going.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  14. Shamanagins New Member

Was that supposed to be: Nothing worse than the servers crashing because of IT ?? Thanks for keeping the game down!!
  15. Herf Augur

It depends on how they roll up data to determine why people are leaving; if 3 accounts close but only one person says why, they have less data to help them decide how to make changes to stop people from quitting. While they can tell what credit cards are paying for those accounts and what email is tied to them, they don't know if it's one person are family playing, or friends sharing a payment method.
  16. Herf Augur

There are opportunity costs to the servers crashing or rolling back unexpectedly. People today have lost a lot of items, including rares items for epics. They've also lost the XP they put in the time to get. Finally, we had to cancel a raid today so that's dozens of people who cleared 4 hours of their day to raid, now screwed.
  17. Zaray Augur

omg, someone who gets it and understands how this works. you're my person.
  18. skabe Elder

So far its unknown who #2 server wide is only RoI downed Velks before the crash
  19. dreamweaver Community Manager

Not quite how that works. Responses come when there are updates to give. Until then I have to wait so they can determine or fix the issues, I know waiting to hear is frustrating and I am sorry that it's occurring but as soon as I know something I will let you all know.
  20. Cailen Augur

well at least we know you're not asleep now