Thanks for the SK DoT revamp

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RGJmidgets, Apr 16, 2020.

1. RGJmidgets New Member

Looks good to me in limited use so far. Opens up a whole lot of spell set options without having to commit the full 12 gems to DoTs. Burst DPS looks good, mana management might be ok? Should be fine since there's no other huge mana depletion. We'll see with longer term testing and some parsing.

Unlike folks in another thread, I see the value and am glad to see corrective changes to the painful mechanic of stacking 5 expansion old DoTs. Hope Necro's get a favorable outcome as well.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  2. Nadisia Augur

Who the hell was stacking 12 dots before the revamp? :confused: :D

Yeah, I know, some trolls have left the city of Grobb
    Zaray likes this.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Don't want a necro dot revamp...leave us alone please. Go work on druids or shaman.
  4. gulbinator New Member

12 dots !? Is it taking you 5 minutes to kill a single mob? I use typically 3 dots.. 5 MAX in grouping and zero in raids (those raid slots are for dot classes that do far more damage than me)

sounds like you should be using spear and more taps..
  5. RGJmidgets New Member

I was just trying to counterbalance the other negative thread because there were 10 different people posting in there who I'd guess aren't very good at this game.

The reason competent players don't generally post on these forums is because of the pedantic and severe reactions to the most generic posts.
    Roxas MM likes this.
  6. Nadisia Augur

Nothing pedantic, but gulbinator is right : SK dots were useless in raids (waste of debuff slots), nearly useless in groups , unless you have a reaaaaaally slow killing group, so, what's the point?
    It was almost useless before, and it's still nearly useless after unless you're soloing/moloing a lot.

But I don't, so for me, it's useless.
  7. Belexes ForumQuester

8. Drakang Augur

Well with the mana increase your not keeping a lot of dots up unless your killing one or two mobs and then AFK. In an XP group more than 3 dots cast routinely and you will be wishing Thought leech could still crit for full. SK Canni spell please :).