Why did you add Overseer if all you've done is make it useless?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tanise, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Gildurath Journeyman

Right? Like everyone was playing it. It was fun people were logging on just to play Overseer, and now, no one will play it. Do they not have logging of these types of stats, to show this to them?
    dreadlord likes this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

I've seen Verant/SOE/Daybreak/Darkpaw do some stupid, sometimes shady, things over the years to screw players. But this Overseer was blatant bait and switch from the get go. As soon as it became apparent how much real money people were probably going to spend on it, the red flags should have gone up for all of us.

I admit I was suckered in as well...I spent money on it that first week. I can't blame Darkpaw for that...that's 100% on me.

But what they're doing now...this is beyond disgusting for this group of devs.

I think I would rather they just take Overseer completely out of the game at this point than watch this trainwreck any longer.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Ulrin and dreadlord like this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I still don't understand why people are buying an expensive collectible in baz, when you can get it for free just by playing overseer for a few days? :confused:

Im honestly surprised there is still a collection-baz-market at all...

Is it because you want to complete them all super fast without any farming at all?

Being impatient has always been expensive in EQ.
    KarmaKitty and Hepcat like this.
  4. nildiar Lorekeeper

This is NO different than the various other scams SoE DB and DP pull.
    Triple station cash sales? anyone remember those? Or remember how you USED to be able to spend SC for subs and expansions? Remember the HUGE triple sales they did RIGHT before taking subs off?
    How about LoN? The endless expansions they released with loot for$$ or how they released a few RIGHT before sunsetting that?
    How about landmark founders? No?

Personally i seen this for what it was from the start blatant cash grab!

Same excuses... We never instead for that to be used in that way...
    We didn't mean for it to be soo beneficial...
    We didn't intend for that to be player to player sold...
    Been there heard that before
    Mazame likes this.
  5. That0neguy Augur

This is the core of the problem. They took peoples money on a new feature that provided something. Gutting that feature of anything that is useful without any consideration to the money people had spent on it is outrageous. They refuse to refund the purchase or even credit back the DBC.

I ended up canceling 2 of my 3 subs because of this. Switched my main account to use Krono to pay for gametime now, and will never spent another cent on DBC going forward.
  6. Mortik_soul New Member

i mean....using overseer to gain the xp lost in raids is pretty nice im not gonna lie. aside from maxing xp out in lets say a month the only issue i have with it is the ornaments it gives out /shrug
  7. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I feel like all of the testing we did of this system on Test was almost entirely ignored. We didnt even see some of the most recent changes and got them stealthed in when live patched (we could freely trade those collection items even up to the point live was down for patching, I got a few alts sets and fell asleep before i passed off some of it, came back to a lot of nodrop when I relogged the next morning).

Or rather, all the feedback we've given from the start has inspired the exact opposite reaction.

Things we liked? Nah, cant have that.
    Things we didnt like? It ALL needs to be like that!
  8. Spartee New Member

My issue isn't about Overseer. I do believe it has great potential if they will listen to customer feedback. My complaint is with constant rolling out products without properly testing it while making a quick money grab. We've seen this time and time again. I knew they would mess up the initial process and finished the collections I needed with ToV using it. Sure enough, not long after a patch was in place to change it. They rolled this out with anniversary launch hoping for instant money off of anniversary hype. Bait n switch is the usual tactic afterwards. Now a bunch of folks who are gold and regularly buy SC are wary of anything this company says and consumer confidence is pretty low right now. The Overseer is fine, but for the sake of us all don't make anything live you as a company don't want us as customers to have. My only beef with this recent change is the collections being no drop after claim. The fragments sure as heck is better than seven straight crumbles! I don't play alts on the same account however, I do have friends and multiple boxes who could use them to finish chase loot achievements. As for those server baz players who whined for change and think I'm buying your inflated collections, you won't get my business. I'm fine with not wearing chase shoulders if it means you not making plat. I'm sorry for those of you who missed out on this initially. Just remember any time this organization, whoever owns it, will do this again and you have to cash in before they change it or ignore the impulse. It's still great for TS mats, however I expect they'll make it no drop too thanks to a few baz market players.
    dreadlord likes this.
  9. Spartee New Member

Don't forget the Fan Faire Illusion mess. That was a pure scam and they got away with it. They cried it wasn't intended only after the sales were made.
  10. dreadlord Augur

Agreed. I can live with stuff being no drop - it just means Overseer is irrelevant to me and I won't use it.
    I can't live with putting hours of work/DBG currency into something that gets changed, with zero warning, after the fact rendering all those hours/currency wasted.
    It's also annoying, as others have said, that folks put hours of time and their effort into thoughtful and considered feedback only for there to be no evidence whatsoever of that being incorporated.

Like the down server, it's all about lack of communication. I don't expect everything I/others suggest to come to fruition - but I do expect someone to say 'we can't/won't do this because....' - especially when they have asked for that dialogue in the first place.
    Chlorogoth likes this.
  11. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

My main gripe is that DPG has been slowly going down the drain, even though they devoted a new team to the game. They do 1 or 2 things to please people, and then another 10 that make people really upset, such as wasting time, or money, or even vacation days......yet they don't change the habits they've formed, and they barely EVER apologize or do anything to correct the issues. These are things that would get people fired, very quickly at a "normal" workplace, and it makes me wonder if people there just literally do not care, at all.....so very frustrating because of how much I love the actual game.....
  12. Nolrog Augur

13. KarmaKitty Augur

At 113 with 90%AA with lesson burn (limiting XP time to 30 min/day), I was able to hit 115 max XP in less than a month using just Overseer Character XP. Prior to the breaking reward mod, I was doing collectibles and TS components as well. I molo a pally and have never been within 5 levels of max until this last expansion. This was great!

The not so great, XP scales, so both 85 and 114 characters get the same 1% XP award. At they rate my pally advanced it would take my SK something like 10 months to catch up. Disappointing, but I'm not tossing in fellowship XP, since I've never used that functionality at this point. It would probably be a big help if the XP reward had a curve like AAXP.

I used Overseer to gain TS components from Burning lands, which I slipped when ToV came out. Still working on sheets to complete some recipes (still working on 350s). This was great and saved me 1000s of plat :)

The not so great, they dropped the current expansion after going live. I can live with it.

I used Overseer to gain collectibles. This was great and saved me 1,000,000s of plat :D and allowed me
    to finish several sets where that last collectible was 2M in the bazaar.

The not so great, breakage. What were they thinking ? Anyway, don't care as they have resolved
    this with the fragments.

I did not really use Overseer to gain ornaments. Only a few interested me and the alternate rewards
    were of greater value. Since there was an update here, I'll have to revisit things.

I have not used the Overseer vendor as there is nothing I really care for being sold by the vendor and things appear way over priced (by orders of magnitude). I'll go look again, since it appears to have been updated in some way.

Big disappointment, which I really have not verified. It looks to me like the XP reward goes only to XP and does not spill over to AA when you reach the max. This takes Character XP off the table until I die a few times or they increase the level limit. Maybe they can look at adding AAXP as a reward.

Initially, I did purchase extra agents, which help build up a small army to do higher level quests with greater rewards. Otherwise, you get quests that are beyond your agent pool. Of course, that was broken initially. Since it apparently accepted substandard agents, I'm not sure how much the extra
    agents helped. I hope being able to fulfill all the bonus requirements most of the time helped.

Overall, I have found the Overseer functionality very useful.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Great point
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  15. Hegsheoshed Augur

Paying to be a masochist is nothing new.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  16. Bruman New Member

Level one quest: 1 ornamentation fragment

Level four quest: 1 ornamentation fragment

Fragments are definitely better than the RNG from earlier, but I don't understand why the quests are much more difficult to properly "fill out", yet it's still just one ornamentation fragment.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. KarmaKitty Augur

Thought I did one that rewarded 2 for success. Maybe my mistake. I believe you get a bonus shard for critical success as well. At 4 shards per collectible, that is almost 1 or 1, which they apparently don't want. The number and type of quests are limited as well, so in general it looks like you may only be able to obtain a couple of collectibles a day. The power here is the ability to pick the collectible.

Still, I see no advantage in limiting this feature.

Why not break down and make the reward for this overseer currency. Amount to vary with the level and duration of the quest. Critical success gives even more cash. Then put the collectible reward (or the shards) on the overseer vendor at a reasonable cost.
  18. Krazzi Elder

Overseer, the only thing less useful than /gems :(
  19. Yara_AB Augur

hey! don't say anything nasty about /gems! *shakes fist*
    Elyssanda and KarmaKitty like this.
  20. Natal Augur

You misunderstand what he said. If you had already claimed the collectible before the patch, it will be tradeable. It is only the ones claimed after the patch that are no drop.

So it does work as described.
    Thunderkiks likes this.