Server crashed AGAIN

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Chewbakhan New Member

Well, that about wraps up my "weekend" back to 6 more 12 hour shifts. Why couldn't they have just left that XML file for the MP3 player alone? It's been the same for 20 years.. they change it.. and catastrophic results... or whatever that minor patch was all about...
  2. Willydo Apprentice

I'm not in ROI but I don't understand how this is a rigged race. I mean, if they beat it before the server crash and you didn't, even if the server didn't crash you lost the race, no? I know it must suck being number 2 every year, but I don't see how this is their fault.
  3. Willowtree Journeyman

hey cool, Antonius Bayle is now moved to another server and thats soo much better and how was the citate "we will like it" - yeah... I see how I like it ...that it gets down like all the others... what a surprise...
    sorry about my sarcasm.. have an hour for playtime and it gets down the drain... obviously...
    Yara_AB likes this.
  4. Nadisia Augur

And ... Vox crashed too ...
    Nobody cares really cuz nobody races here but ... /sigh

Too much SK dps :)
  5. Foanddi Apprentice

Didnt you guys wipe? Don't waste your salt... it may actually be well placed one day.
  6. Chewbakhan New Member

I wish it was 77% Drinal only been up for 6 hours since they all went down for that initial 13 hour patch
  7. Croaksputin Journeyman

This is getting ridiculous. Bout to cancel my subscription and go play something else.
  8. Nadisia Augur

Ok, it's up again 3 minutes after the crash but ... how long lol
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

How is it Rigged? You had the same opportunity as they did to start raids once the server was up.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

No offense. But isn't "rigged" and raid testing an oxymoron? :)

Edit: In a perfect world, the raid would be perfected behind the scenes and there would be a blind start for all.
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

You f'n serious right now?????
  12. Zenja New Member

You must not be in the IT field. The FIRST thing you do when a patch breaks everything and causes complete service interruption for your ENTIRE customer base is guess what? Roll back. The SECOND thing you do is apologize and offer compensation for the outage and inconvenience.
    dreadlord likes this.
  13. Triconix Augur

[IMG]
  14. Xinny Lorekeeper

Actually MS, was a bit further down then #2 today :p

I wont say who was on pace for #2 cuz the server crashed in the middle of it... but it rhymes with Rilent Sedemption
  15. Lilura Augur

Bah this is nothing, really. Any old timers remember the DirectX 9 migration? Now that was painful.
    Nennius likes this.
  16. Sissruukk Rogue One

I care ;)
  17. Cadira Augur

Wasn't a threat bro, just making a joke. Lower the guns.

We made a ballsy move trying to burn him, one I wasn't fond of :( I'm sure we woulda been second as per usual anyhow.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Proximoe like this.
  18. skabe Elder

#2 on their server but serverwide ?
  19. KwikShot New Member

It wouldn't surprise me if this was Corona related. A lot of companies are new to this work from home thing. Comcrap has been having the same issues. Sometimes the "go to guy" 3 cubicles over with the funky silk shroud over his cubicle is upstairs playing with his dog and no one can reach him to hit the right switch which fixes everything.
  20. Tutankamen Augur

I notice lots of people talking about rollbacks- for the like, 2 seconds i was on I had an ornament on that i got yesterday. So there is some randomness about what got rolled back? I didn't have time to even log on my alts. Also , I had just transferred a few million plat from one char to another.