So, no one is going to mention the mount buff "change"?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Volka, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Xenich Elder

That only matters if you are buying specific cheats in game play.

You see, when playing a game, there are many things that can change, that will adjust and there is no legitimate argument to be made when the game adjusts because they change the game for many reasons to balance, etc...

Paying REAL MONEY to have an item that gives you specific ABILITIES which bypass game play progression is paying for a specific cheat and if there is change to that cheat, people get upset, you know... because they paid for a cheat... you know... to gain an advantage to excel past normal game play.

I am laughing because idiots are getting EXACTLY what they deserve. They are fools who are complaining that their cheats aren't to the level that they paid for.

I can't stop laughing at how stupid people are.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Read some of his post history, thats not the only interesting definition of a cheat he has
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Kardinal Lorekeeper

Yeah, I pretty much gathered his type from his first post.

On the internet you can be anyone you want, so why chose to be... this? I don't get it, but hey, he can't do more than _try_ to hurt other peoples feelings and that is hard work, because those other people would have to actually care about his words on an emotional level.
  4. Xeris Augur

I'm thankful I haven't accidentally clicked the buffs off... But would love someone to chime in. Afaik when they removed the mounts they mentioned that they wouldn't alter it for people who bought the mounts.

Whether it's labeled a 'cheat' or not isn't relevant. People spent money on a X under the assumption that it would do Y, as advertised... And then it was changed later. It's bad practice to do that.
    Volka likes this.
  5. Xenich Elder

Ohh boo hoo.

"OMG DBG I paid you real money to give me a specific advantage in the game! You did not hold your part of the bargain, I don't get to excel over those who don't pay real money to cheat the game! Woe is me, I have been.... Cheated!!!" LOL

Suck it up sweethearts, you get what you deserve.
  6. Kardinal Lorekeeper

Cool story, bro.
    Now run along and bother the other kids.
    Herf likes this.
  7. Xenich Elder

Yes, because adults see buying ones way through a "game" as somehow productive "adult" activity.

/facepalm
  8. Korthos New Member

This is closer to the third mount nerf that TLPs have seen. Honestly at one of them was justifiable (well, kinda). For a while, folks were getting mount buffs that added inordinate amounts of HP/Mana, in the Luclin era doubling manapools and giving a pretty healthy edge for a while. That got fixed. It probably needed that.

Then the mount consolidation fix happened, for all servers. I swear I lost AC when that happened, but hey, I can roll with it.

Both of those were publicized and thrown into patch notes. This was not. At all. No discussion about it. Personally, I have not injected real money to directly purchase store mounts, I've used the monthly freebie cash for it cause I'm cheap. That isn't everybody though - some folks drop real money for their horsey. That is a slap in the face to retroactively (and arbitrarily?) take that bonus away.

For TLPs, most folks have likely the Azia or Beza mount blessing, a wildly overpowering (this is sarcasm), +250 H/M/E, +25 sv_all, and "120"AC which rounds down to significantly less in practice for the Azia. beza is 300 HME and 50 svall, same ac. and Dena is 500HME. In the era of 30-40k tanks and manapools on healers breaking 30k, another 250 or 300 is a drop in the bucket.

So I'm struggling to understand *why* this change was made. Communication would be great from the Devs. Illusions have always been flagged for SoD or another expansion from the onset. Mount never were. And now if we accidentally misclick and lose the buff.. she's gone for good. That's kind of rude at best. The only upside, is the mount blessing buffs are not dispellable. But it's still... no communication and I'm now praying I dont misclick and accidentally drop the buff for the next few expansions.

The whole thing felt initially like a bug, but after looking into it, seems more sneaky and udnerhanded than anything else. as someone earlier had said, very "bait and switch"-y.
    Gaunt and Volka like this.
  9. Gaunt New Member

Really money isn't the concern it's honesty and delivery. I waste more drinking weekly lol but I get what I paid for outta the brew....

I wont be spending anything on their store again purely on principle if this is more than an oversight.

They are wearing thin as a company anyhow...
  10. Herf Augur

Well isn't that special. I paid, what, $35 in real money to buy the mount in the store when it was still available and now they're retroactively taking back what I paid for.

Has anyone checked if the speed of the mount is still the same?

F u c k Daybreak.
  11. Gaunt New Member

BTW like the main post in this thread, it's how they pay attention to issues apparently. Or so it's been said...
  12. That0neguy Augur

God your brain works in amazing ways....

Let me know how upset you are when you buy a brand new RTX 2080 TI and then they ship you a GTX 680. I guess you should just learn to deal with it because you shouldn't get to excel over those who didn't pay enough money to get a good graphics card.
    Skuz, Herf and Gaunt like this.
  13. That0neguy Augur

Don't get me wrong here. This change is pretty underhanded. I know Ngreth mentioned him wanting to do something like this in the future but no excuse for not having it in patch notes.

Buy why would your mount buff be in any slot other than your last buff slot? When they made the change to them being permanent a while ago I immediately made sure it was my 21st buff.
  14. Herf Augur

On Agnarr (and presumably any TLP server of the same era) we can only have 15 buffs total. So people routinely click off unneeded, i.e. permanent buffs, to make room for more buffs (including resists, DMF, etc.) during raids. On a server like Agnarr people have accumulated a variety of clickies or permanent buffs that they click off the excess icons to make room for timed buffs.

I *think* one of my toons probably still has the Azia buff. Others I know I clicked it off.

I count myself lucky that I only was able to buy one of the mounts before Daybreak suddently locked them on Agnarr. So they only stole about $35 from me.

If it wasn't for the current virus situation it would definitely be worth it for us who live in California, where DayPaw is, to file small claims court claims locally. DayPaw would have to show up in court to contest it, or lose. *OR* they could possibly file a counter suit of some type in local-to-them superior court which would require someone showing up there. But if enough people did it it would be a real annoyance to DayPaw. Oh, and if you don't pay your small claims court judgement? The winner can do things like hire a collection agency to collect, garnish bank accounts, etc. Fun stuff :)
  15. Kardinal Lorekeeper

That is a good and clever idea (it's slot 15 on Agnarr, but same principle).
    Still, many of my chars (I have too many...) got the mount at rather low level, so the buffs are all over the place. I did not have the foresight to bury this one deep on all of them, since I didn't expect the buff to ever be in danger of extinction.

(and, as mentioned above, on Agnarr you run out of buff slots quickly and the mount buff became a "clicky" - not anymore...)
  16. Xeris Augur

Actually, the buff is just disabled, even if you didn't click it off... I have it on my chars still and now I see a "disabled until house of thule" message
  17. Kardinal Lorekeeper

So... the bonus is gone, even if you still have the buff on?

That would be... quite <forbidden word>.
  18. sumnayin Augur

Wow, you're cool...can I have your autograph?
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Good these out of era buffs don't belong on TLPs.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

250hp/mana during PoR is not game breaking by any stretch of the word