When did it happen for you?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daredilly, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Fortnite has had a steep decline in performance (e.g. lag, poor graphic performance) with the introduction of Chapter 2. Many players are asking them to revert to Chapter 1 map.
  2. Bobokin Augur

Many people play Everquest for the friendships in the game. SOE and DBG have had devs that treat players poorly and really only cater to the high end raiders and now the boxers.

Everquest is on life support, and the company doesn't have the vision to change that from top to bottom.
    ArrynRaggnarok likes this.
  3. dreadlord Augur

I think the fact that
    a) Many hundreds of high end raiders today took *another* day of precious annual leave to raid
    And
    b) This was well-known by everyone after last month's debacle
    shows that concern for high end raiders is nowhere near the top of anyone's priority list
    Especially given that no-one apparently knew 'because they were asleep' - really? A massive company like this has no-one checking things 24/7?? No-one gets an alarm call the second something falls over?
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Rebelicious Augur

Back in the day, it was when everyone left to go beta WOW... and sure enough, most of my server then went on to beta EQ2.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They definitely do not cater to boxers. I also don't think any devs treat players poorly. Do devs sometimes do things that players do not like. Yes. The devs have made a number of decisions I don't like but they are trying to do their best and they are not treating anyone poorly. There is a big difference between devs doing something you disagree with and them treating you poorly.
    svann and Kalabourene like this.
  6. Bobokin Augur

There are things the devs have done that I agree with and disagree with, but being a player for 21 years, and being on the various boards, I have found many devs to be rude and condescending. I have moderated game boards for game companies, and I never treated players like they have treated players over the years.

That stated, it still comes down to the people inside the game. So many have been lost to the game and some lost to the world.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

EQ is dying threads since 3/16/1999!
    Tatanka, Nennius and GoldenFrog like this.
  8. kookoo Augur

same here and thank you DEV's for trying ( i am pretty sure they try hard ) to fix what his broken.

all this when the world is facing a bigger issue ------------>> covid-19
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Players will insist on things you know ;)

They'll just keep on <whomp> "oops there goes another pesky bag of money. What was I saying?"
  10. Gumlakx Augur

The ONE time in history where we can SAVE THE WORLD by staying home in front of our computers and playing EQ, and Darkpaw Games messes up. :(
  11. Allayna Augur

Twice.

My point in comparing the situations is that downtime is not all created equal.

Casual player: "servers are down, guess I'll go do something else"
    Top 5 raider: "servers are down on a launch, guess I'll sit at the keyboard and spam 'PLAY EVERQUEST'..."
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nennius like this.
  12. Kildaill New Member

Ive played EQ since release in 99. I have had to take time off due to work and other things but I always come back. All the friends I made in the game way back are long gone but I still come to play. Each time I had a attitude of coming back to be hardcore and be in a top raiding guild and all that and everytime I was miserable. I eventually changed my mind set and play the game to help others. I do six box but I use it as a way to assist others in game. I find it a lot more satisfying to do that and I help the EQ community and the game by doing so. What I missed most from the old days was the friendship I made on a game that enveloped people from all over the world. Days like today use to frustrate me but I understand now that the devs and programmers are simply ppl just like me doing their jobs. Its better to be apart of the solution then it is to contribute to it. I appreciate everyones hard work on the game and I hope we continue for decades to come.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Good riddance to those leaving.

Take the time and money you'll save not feeling the need to complain and buy yourself a clue. If you cant understand why the current situation is challenging EVERY company in the world, we're better off without you.
    Kildaill likes this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am in the same boat as you. A more casual play style is less bothered by things like this.

But for raid guilds this is the second time they planned to have folks all set to raid as soon as T3 raids were up only to have all their plans thrown out the window. Everquest is a game neither you or I play competitively but some do. Both equally valid play styles.

Most important thing for others to realize is this isn't just another server down issue for raid guilds. It is the second time they have been ready for the release of T3 raids and had it fall apart.
    Sancus, Kildaill and Allayna like this.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The premise of the thread is people that have already left. But classy.

Incremental progress. At least there were no 'chicken little's today?
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Actually, I have a little more to say about this.

You realize, with this community, if they had reached out to us and said 'we are having some problems because of the situation', how much help would immediately be offered to them?
  18. That0neguy Augur

So since Darkpaw technically is more of a division of Daybreak and not its own company. Would you hold the CEO of Daybreak accountable? Or the head of the Darkpaw studio?
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Funny... people say they've left, but they're still here. Weird.
    Goburs and Nennius like this.
  20. enclee Augur

The post really isn't a topic about, when did you decide to quit EQ. It's more a question of when did you realize that the game was no longer going to pursue growth.

Arguing that people don't leave isn't making a point that you think it does, because there's no question that game has much smaller population than previous years.
    Brilhasti and MasterMagnus like this.