When did it happen for you?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daredilly, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Confused as to what in the patch caused these issues. Can't see anything in the patch notes which would cause guild Hall, heros forge or missing char issues.

Sometime things don't go according to plan, it happens and is frustrating.

I still enjoy playing and will be tomorrow. As a Brit I've written off today .
  2. Tachyon Augur

Still loving it after 20-plus years! The good far outweighs the bad.
  3. Tutankamen Augur

I don't understand the 13 hour patch in the first place. But as I understood it- it was some kind of scaffolding to prepare for the server merges... I thought it was all related to that. I even thought maybe the 13 hours meant the server merges were occurring. But it didn't. So this is all kind of confusing... what could have happened to cause a massive unplanned outage like this?? Are there going to be rollbacks? I really hope not.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Oh I agree the whole crash on raid release is insane. Its been many many years since I would have been willing to take a day off to achieve anything in any game though.

But I do get folks taking time off work (for those that are still working during pandemic) so they can get in and beat guilds on raids. For those who are racing for firsts its seriously sucks. I just hope it doesn't ruin the overall fun of the game. Hate to see so much depending on it.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

This is a good point. For a raider the loss of an expected chance to raid is likely a pretty big deal. For the majority of us who do not raid, or only raid occasionally, it is a small inconvenience in the grand scheme of things. I go out and do some yardwork. Go for a walk and such. Two very different outlooks on the game.
  6. Febb Augur

Hopefully they keep the servers down until later tonight so they can get the issues fixed. That way the raiders doing ToV content will be happy it's fixed.
  7. Twest Apprentice

The patch had nothing to do at all with any server mergers, but to "finally" launch T-3 raid content.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Darkpaw should apply this strategy next year:

Step 1. Set lower expectations (low # of raids).

Step 2. Telegraph or signal new content aimed for the middle of the year.

Step 3. Miraculously add a "bonus raid" and/or "bonus zone."

Step 4. Win!
    Vicus likes this.
  9. Namde Augur

And yet, here you are.
  10. The real Sandaormo Augur

All this and its still the only MMO worth playing.

If people want to leave EQ why do they feel like they need to round up as many people as they can with a stupid thread like this, just go.
    Duder, sauron3030, svann and 2 others like this.
  11. Claan Elder

To be fair, I really appreciate all the effort put forth by folks behind the scenes here to make Everquest keep happening. Being a loyal fan for 20 years I shudder to think what would happen if key people just said F it, I've had enough, and walked. I sure wish management would give them the resources to stop these kinds of problems in the first place. I'm thinking we pay enough to make that possible. Maybe not.
    sauron3030 and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm that was a little harsh.
  13. Daredilly Master

Sandaormao! ROFLMAO; funniest thing I have read all day.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I agree. COVID19 is a game changer. Darkpaw is based in California with strict lockdowns.

Fortnite has delayed their season release from April to June. You would think a studio with the size and resources like Epic Games would be able to keep to their deadlines.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  15. lockjaws Augur

lol Fortnite...
    Brilhasti, Benito and Drunkenlion55u like this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

lol. It is for comparison's sake. Fortnite generated $2.4 billion at their peak in 2018. They should have the war chest to keep to deadlines....
    Goburs and MasterMagnus like this.
  17. Scraper New Member

Disney announce new “Darkpaw Games” movie, aimed at the comedy family sector..
    svann likes this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Pretty sure when I fire up my Xbox an hour after their stated downtime (now in June), I'll be patching and playing.

There may be bugs. Because they have problems too, mostly from their devs falling over the bags of money laying everywhere.

But they will be there when they said they would collecting money. And they won't be 'upgrading/pennypinching' to provide you 'better service' that then crashes.

If they crash it'll be likely from people trying to get in and win that $750 daily. Or maybe practice for the $5 million prize, or maybe more this time?

Sounds like Fortnite is smart to me. Cha-ching, "what am I supposed to do with another bag of money?"
    Benito likes this.
  19. biohazard New Member

apology for poor english

where were you when EQ dies?

i was sat at home eating smegma butter when pjotr ring

'eq is kill'

no
    Sigpa0s and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think to be fair a lot of casual players got pissed off at the fact grinding in ToV for exp became so harsh. Not really any different that raid guilds get burned on opening day for T3. Really wish more folks would try to see all sides first.

If I had made plans on organizing a bunch of peeps for something only to see it get messed up I can get the frustration. I get it may seem like an over reaction but perspective is everything. I say let the folks vent and move on.