Top 5 Useful Epics 1.0

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ibc93, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Naugrin Augur

I always pretended the demilich skullcap was my necro's 1.0 lol.
  2. Namde Augur

If you bother getting the 1.0, you just may as well do the 1.5 and 2.0. The 1.5 and 2 together do not take as long as the 1, imo.
  3. Atrocity(Zak) New Member

The extent of my ranger experience was boxing one for archery during PoP, but wurmslayer seriously beats Earthcaller? I would have never expected that.
  4. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Significantly. The change to damage bonuses (1h damage bonuses now scale with delay) massively increased the value of the higher damage, slower 1handers. Earthcaller procs are also a significant threat issue in Kunark (which also is an issue with ivyshae), meaning 2hander or Wurm/swift is the most efficient setup.

TLP's as a ranger are weird because you can proc once, get a resist on a dot once and hey, you're tanking the raid boss now. And that eras jolt isnt at all reliable. I got barred from casting dd's or dots on raids until Luclin on Agnarr and Corinav.
  5. Jordis Augur

The Enchanter 1.0 is still useful. The Staff of the Serpent, which is the first epic casts a level 60+ haste with 10 AC which can be used on any level character starting with level 1. In raids as high as level 80 we were being requested to use the epic for the additional AC. In tough high level raids (115) I still use it in a pinch when there's no mana and there are tanks that need rebuffing until I can go back and rebuff.
    ibc93 likes this.
  6. Fuelforfire Lorekeeper

Still use Ranger 1.0 slow when none are to be found in groups or solo rare mob fights.
  7. Atrocity(Zak) New Member

Ahhh gotcha. I just started messing around with the game after a...near 17 year hiatus, so I wasn't aware of the damage bonuses. I was still thinking you want fast main hand period.
  8. kmbsjb New Member

Only 1.0s i use and have a hot button for is cleric epic 1.0 for the rezz and chanter one to cast haste on pets that are not able to get group spells or are to low for good haste spells. Have sk, wiz, cler, chant, zerk, bard, druid, sham, mage, rog and rang and did 1.0s on all but only use the 2 above still to this day.
    ibc93 likes this.
  9. ibc93 Elder

Oh wow! I did not know it's still useful for that long. I thought it became obsolete a lot sooner than that.
  10. ibc93 Elder

Oh then I should have placed enchanters higher. Didn't know it was still that valuable many expansions later.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

how bout worst 1.0's? I vote for the wizards. but best looking imo especially 2.0.

Andarriel
  12. MiataDriver Augur

My shaman 1.0 has been hanging on the wall in my house for years.
  13. minimind The Village Idiot

I've never once clicked my shaman's 1.0. The 2.0 is clicked literally every second it's available.