When did it happen for you?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daredilly, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Daredilly Master

When did you realize EQ was dead? What incident, change or event happened that flipped the switch for you?

Mine was today when I realized that there was no leadership managing Everquest.

After last months issues, as a CEO, I would have had all hands on deck to make sure today went off without a hitch. Distractions like Overseer, TLP Servers and SK changes would have been tabled until I could be absolutely sure that today's T3 events went off flawlessly.

The buck stops at the CEO of Darkpaw Games creating a clear and executable vision that would exceed players expectations. The CEO should have empowered the developers to execute on that vision by focusing efforts and providing for rigorous testing of their work to make sure it would exceed design parameters.

Darkpaw Games and in particular, it's leadership, owe the Development team and the Player community an apology for this extreme failure to execute on expectations. They have failed their team as well as the community as a whole.

Providing a "Terms and Conditions" message or any other excuse would be unconscionable at this time and would clearly show what our future holds with the present leadership at Darkpaw.

What is required now is a clear and succinct apology from Darkpaw Leadership with a no excuses message: A "the buck stops here message" outlining a clear vision and clear steps on how they will win the trust of the Developers, who they failed, and the user community who they failed is what is the first step in that process.

It comes down to seeing what Darkpaw Games is made of by seeing how they respond to the string of failures on their part.
  2. Jimbobx#5 New Member

Somewhere between jimbobx#1-Jimbobx#4
  3. dreadlord Augur

I've worked in several industries. In all of those industries someone would be fired/resigned for a debacle like today. There would be a long and painful public apology and many thousands of words published on what was happening to ensure this could never happen again.
    Sadly, I don;t agree with the OP because the accountability and customer service here has always been very poor since forever. Yet here we all are.....
    Spartee likes this.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I uninstalled a week before Holly left.

But I see the future, and had been for some time.

Today is as good a day as any.
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You can't handle my stuff
    [IMG]
    Zarzac, Goburs, Metanis and 1 other person like this.
  7. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

During Depths.

There was a cascade of "wtf" happening, and I stopped having the time to invest. I moved to playing almost entirely on test, and figured testing things when I was online was a decent tradeoff for keeping a sub going, because I wasnt getting value out of that sub and wasnt logging on near as much.

Tried a couple TLP's, but the best part about them was making krono to buy stuff on Tribunal (or sometimes FV) to copy stuff over to Test

And the last month has made me wonder if coming back every so often is worth it.
  8. MelediWeaver Journeyman

You know, there is a global pandemic going on. I am happy if I get to play on line at all to be honest, it helps distract me from real issues. A server being down a few hours unexpectedly btw, is a slight annoyance, but lets give the devs some slack. Thank you Devs for keeping the game running at all.. when so many other things are not available.
    Duder, Justyse, Sancus and 4 others like this.
  9. enclee Augur

EQ2/WoW releases in November. It was as if everyone disappeared in a rapture. The release EQ2 cemented that EQ1, while monumentally successful was not going to be a priority. EQ1 was relegated to the back of the house signaled by February’s disastrous release of an expansion tuned around a level increase to 70, but did not include a level cap bump. I don’t think a development studio will ever top that level of failure.
    mikey anchorage and Cailen like this.
  10. Sithsonn Elder

#bringbacktheflaglines! We expect WAY too much of these "developers" to execute anything new when only given 6 months to figure it out!
  11. svann Augur

Id say around 2004 I think when servers lost info on what expacs I owned and rolled me back to L50 and I had to wait a month before it was fixed and I could xp again.

And then again a few years ago when SOE got hacked and EQ was down for about a month.

EQ is a necro.
  12. Mintalie Augur

It's not expectations, Dare--it's promises. It's content we paid for six months ago. The definition of expectation is, "A strong belief that something will happen or be the case in the future." No one here should be relying on a strong belief for promised and paid for content.

They really outdid themselves screwing the pooch on this one.
    Jamazar likes this.
  13. BarryGarry New Member

Everquest lives in my dreams every night, so I don't think it will ever die, it has always been better in my dreams than on my laptop /shrug
    Sithsonn likes this.
  14. MC_Forever New Member

15. Ryino Elder

More and more it is I find myself spending time with guildies and friends in spite of the game and not because of it. It is getting harder and harder to justify burning time and money on one poorly thought out plan after the other.

We are almost halfway through the expansion and still don't have access to all the content, overseer is a mess, the list goes on and on. I mean anybody that has played at all in the last 21 years knew with this unlock coming up Tuesday was a terrible day to patch. Why rock the boat when we were this close.

It almost feels like it is on purpose at this point. Like you can't do this much stuff by accident, but it keeps happening over and over.
    Cailen likes this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am still having fun playing. *shrugs*
  17. Daredilly Master

I agree, the community of people and daily grouping is the only respite. If it weren't for Discord I don't know what I would do. I am thankful, at least for that.

Love the other stories so far; brings back some memories.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Me too. I guess I am not disappointed easily enough. Have to work on that.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  19. Belexes ForumQuester

Never really gave it any thought. It is just a game like Pinochle, Cribbage, Checkers, Monopoly, Scrabble.
  20. Allayna Augur

To be fair, you do not raid. So server downtime is just time away from game and not a middle finger to the 5-10 guilds who attempt to get off for this ridiculous launch schedule, to raid.
    Vicus and Hellowhatsyourname like this.