Thank you Ngreth Thergn for the Weapon ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Tutankamen Augur

Thank you so much for the weapon ornaments... I got 2 I've literally always wanted... that I can now use in my current weapon. The Dreamfall ornament and the bastard sword of fear ornament... they're absolutely fantastic. I used to walk around with Dreamfall armed just to be able to look at it. Now I can actually use it.

I appreciate so much that you worked hard to make EQ more fun and more rewarding by offering such a great assortment of ornaments as an overseer reward!

Thanks again!
    Galarian, Travestii, Jordis and 6 others like this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Have not dug into them yet, but the fact you are referencing this makes me super happy.
  3. dubblestack Elder

I can't get on for a day or two due to work, what are they? I'm excited always looking to add more to my bags of ornaments.
  4. forum troll Elder

I hope this is a continuing trend and more are added over time, my ranger can finally dual wield tht Chelsith blade, I banked my 2,0 ornaments I have been using for years please, please, keep this an ongoing thing, maybe even consider adding some older time consuming to farm grey con items like Fragments for the tear of alaris? they don't have to be cheap but another method would be great
    Jordis likes this.
  5. Caster Lorekeeper

Am I correct in understanding that the new ornaments are only available through the Overseer system, and you need to be 85 to access the Overseer system? I was planning to buy several ornaments through the Marketplace for sub-85 twinks, so I won't be able to access the ornaments for these characters?
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

is that from the overseer ornaments or something else? ive been passing the ornaments up on reward maybe I should look at them.

Andarriel
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yes, thank you for adding these! We may have to come up with some more blunt weapon suggestions. I was a little disappointed in my options for blunt but I did find one that I really liked!! So many awesome Slashing options as well but I can't use those. There was some good pierce options as well if I ever switch to a pierce weapon again.

If I remember right the ornaments are Heirloom, so you could do overseer on a higher lvl toon and buy the ornament then pass it to the low lvl alt through shared bank. With servers down atm I can't verify if they are in fact heirloom but I'm pretty sure they are.
  8. Tutankamen Augur

Well they are heirloom so as long as you have an 85 on that account, it can be purchased by the 85 and put into shared bank. So no--- you can still use them on twinks. But you do have to have at least one higher level character to play the game.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

If you guys want to start a new organized thread like before, please feel free to do so. The 30 at once is a good amount.
    Same limits (No BFG, no epics, and I may not have said it before, no pet summoned weapons)
    Shield ornaments have to be an actor already designated as a shield. The system will stick it in the hand if the ACTOR is not a shield.
    And, you should check to be sure it's not already an ornament! Apparently one of the ones I made is already an ornament. (I'll try and remember to check this time)
    And, as before, I can't promise a timetable.
    Khrizen, Treygolas, Fanra and 8 others like this.
  10. Dhurgan Augur

I'll take the blame on that ornament. I figured if people requested stuff they would have known if it was an existing ornament or not!
  11. Bobokin Augur

Fantastic!

I have not looked at them, and I cannot comment on their cost, but thank you for your efforts on this.
  12. Triconix Augur

Ngreth, is there any way of getting in-game polls for these perhaps? Maybe reach a wider audience? You can do voting quarterly or biannually for new ones and go expansion by expansion? Let's say each vote is 3-5 ornaments from X expansion pack or you can bundle something like 10 ornaments for X,Y, Z expansions. Just an idea.

Also, the original 30 that was sent isn't completed so you still have those to fall back on and keep you busy until a new list is sent to you, correct?

Finally, I'll say it again, but fantastic job. These got completed way earlier than I was expecting.
  13. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Thank you Ngreth
  14. Lianeb Augur

Should we include suggestions for the ones that were on the last list, and did not get included
  15. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Dhurgan, if you make a thread for the ones people would love to see next, I'd be willing to again compile that list into item numbers and send it to Ngreth, could do a little teamwork here. I am always down for new ornaments, and always up for helping like this last time.
  16. Dhurgan Augur

I bet a flashier thread title would get more attention, any title suggestions for this round? In game polls would be tough because requests are going to be write-ins which you would have to have some sort of phonetic parsing because people suck at spelling. Also, too many trolls with in game polls, most people that probably care about the game and this are going to visit the forums anyways.
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I think we should put a new list together, we can use the one's from the previous list that weren't added as a base. Separate the weapon types into their respective categories like they were implemented (Slash, Pierce, Blunt, H2H, Shield, Bow) and then maybe try and slim the list down to 5-10 of each type to be the next set or 2 to be implemented.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

hrm. Sorry I missed some.
    If y'all wish.
    And if you want to include it in that thread, or separate, Items numbers help shave the amount of work SIGNIFICANTLY. It really does. (mostly research to try and match names to numbers, when names are many time misspelled or incomplete) (Zam does not have real EQ item numbers, but other sites do)
    Triconix, adetia and Goburs like this.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

But Ngreth, I want an ornament for “that cool looking sword from fear”. So clear, I know! ^ . ^
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Three cheers for Ngreth! THANK YOU for all your (and the teams') work on making EverQuest just a little bit sweeter of a game.