Servers are coming back up... when?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Legionarius - Xegony, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Legionarius - Xegony Elder

Everquest: Pay-to-Play (for TLP's)
    Everquest: Servers Down yesterday. Servers down today.

"Play" I don't think this word means what you think it means.
    Icetech likes this.
  2. Icetech Lorekeeper

I kind of wish i knew what their servers were and what the actual load is... 13 hours to patch is nuts and downtime like this is even worse.
    Brilhasti likes this.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Soon (TM) and not a minute longer.
    Icetech likes this.
  4. Sabre Serial Complainer

Servers are 27 Apple IIIs dirty wired together with a modded boot floppy for each expansion in the drive.
    Darksiphon and Icetech like this.
  5. Davorus New Member

Servers are been dealt with and tested thoroughly to reduce risk of happening, they will be online once they have completed this I guess.
  6. Bruzum Grobbfist Journeyman

3 hours after servers are brought down, we get an update. update says no eta. eq future not looking bright for today. we might have to find something else to do lol
  7. Legionarius - Xegony Elder

Yeah I did network engineering for 7 years and server maintenance were NEVER that long. I don't understand why in this day and age this is necessary. I can't honestly think of any other game that has downtime like this. Really odd. I cannot imagine that gaming servers are that much more different than any other server.
    Icetech likes this.
  8. Ubor New Member

It was up just now, then I logged in and it was down ... lmao.
  9. Arshesnay New Member

its a way to push the playerbase somewhere else. ''Get over it'' they sayin...''This game is over''. Well ok sir. Dont worry for me. Farewell and Thx for all the shoes
  10. Calzonae Journeyman

Rest assured that past incompetents have been previously sacked and new competents are on the job! And as the newest hardware is in use, it has to be carefully monitored and preventative measures must be taken far in advance less it gain sentience and become self aware.
  11. Legionarius - Xegony Elder

Server downtime explained:

Old servers.
    They use tubes.
    Can only buy them in Alaska.
    It's a long drive.

[IMG]
    Darksiphon likes this.
  12. Vanshir New Member

SOE servers are like mages in the Lords of the Rings. They dont get up soon or late, they get up whenever they want
  13. Legionarius - Xegony Elder

It's bad when a private server P99 is more stable. Just sayin'.
    Darksiphon and Icetech like this.
  14. Calzonae Journeyman

Welcome to the new era of gaming where you, the customer, pay a fee to be permitted to beta test.
    Darksiphon likes this.
  15. Bruzum Grobbfist Journeyman

if that were true.. you'd have a point there. just sayin'
  16. Icetech Lorekeeper

i'm sure the ancient code they are dealing with is most of the problem.. but holy hell.. at this point i'm almost certain they are using 36gb scsi's in a broken raid 5 and just praying they hold up a little longer.
  17. Runes Augur

They need to fire whoever is coding these patches and not doing a thorough testing before going live, because this is beyond poor job performance, they clearly do not have the skills needed. I mean after 5 years of having experience with TLPs and their patches, to have a two day shut down after a 12 hour patch, is absurd.
    Brilhasti likes this.
  18. Icetech Lorekeeper

At this point i am wondering if they are having to roll back then re-apply the patches... which means backing up the user data first (depending on how they have it setup)... so we might be in for a mess.
  19. Overcast451 Augur

Maybe they meant 13 hours each day and not just yesterday...?
  20. Zinth Augur

well Luclin launch and patch upon patch last what? 21 days total? this is NOTHING my young Padawan