Top 5 Useful Epics 1.0

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ibc93, Apr 16, 2020.

1. ibc93 Elder

Could I get some fact checking on this? I made a video list on all these epics but I'd like to hear what all of ya'll think. I'm not too familiar with most other classes outside Bard. Some of the info could be wrong or undervalued. I want to say thank you to everyone in the community here. Ya'll are awesome and interesting cats. Here's the link:
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

For 2.0's
    Bard
    Necro
    Shaman
    SK
    Monk

for current live servers...

Other useful
    Ranger
    Cleric
    Rogue
    Zerker
    ibc93 likes this.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The epics with slow procs are useful for a while until better slow proc options such as belts become available
  6. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Necro 1.0 is horrible...takes 3 hours to cast and almost EVERYTHING resists the snare. I hardly ever used it after getting it since even low level trash mobs could resist it. It quacks with glee when a necro is stupid enough to try and snare something with it.
    Venau, Scornfire, ibc93 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

For P99, at least, the SK and PAL epics are pretty huge. On TLP's, eventually you get 2h Bash, but that doesn't come into play on P99.

I don't think this elevates them into the "top" positions for epics, but it does make them fairly more substantial than many other epic 1.0's, in-era, or at least until 2H bash becomes available on TLP's.

I had the Palladius' Axe of Slaughter from Vulak, but still used the 1.0 for non-raids to be able to bash more effectively, while putting out more DPS than using a 1h + shield combo.
    ibc93 likes this.
  8. ibc93 Elder

Haha totally! It takes WAY too long. The ossein of time in Plane of Time is basically the epic snare but a 3 second cast.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Same for the Druid 1.0. I found that they were normally used after a mob was snared/Dotted already and you had the time to wait for it to cast... but definitely went the way of the dodo faster than other epics. Shammy, Druid, and Necro just weren't very effective in normal use. At least Shammy and Necro could do the Iksar line items.
  10. ibc93 Elder

Oh, I didn't even give those much of a thought. Didn't know that 2 hand bash becomes an ability. Let alone how good they are on P99. Thanks for that :)
  11. Visitor Augur

Enchanter 1.0 is handy, can haste low level types without having to mem a spell, just click the hotkey.
    RPoo likes this.
  12. Ueauvan Journeyman

i think ranger 1.0s are great, equip haste and a slow proc plus they pretty :) although imo the lightning flashes are karana biaised but then again Plane of Growth is pretty and that other god hasnt got one
  13. Komm New Member

Ranger is the only useful 1.0, but only Earthcaller.

70% proc slow and no level cap associated with it. I still carry it on my ranger just in case.
    ibc93 likes this.
  14. Atrocity(Zak) New Member

For when? are we talking about the clicks still being useful on live, or in era on TLPs?

I can't speak for live, but in era the cleric epic literally changed the way guilds raided. on a personal level monk, wizard, mage, bard would be the other 4 for a "top 5" imo. Enchanter/shaman get honorable mention. The reason I say those 5 but don't include rogue/warrior/ranger is because those 5 are literally irreplaceable until planes of power or after, and retain usefulness for a long time even then. The rogue epic (and pretty much any who's main function was to be a melee damage weapon) can be replaced or at least substituted in velious. the other 5 cannot.
  15. Ueauvan Journeyman

swiftwind is great imo, there werent so many haste items when i got mine or they werent as easy to get
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The druid epics were useful at lower levels. After that they are useless (but look cool!).
    Winnowyl likes this.
  17. minimind The Village Idiot

At their intended levels, the berserker epics are great enough to pretty much ignore all other weaponry.

The Kerasian Axe of Ire (1.0) ratio is good enough to get at level 46 and not consider upgrading until you can get a PoP raid weapon-- or later if you can't. The 1.5 at level 65 is superior until you get a GoD raid weapon-- or later if you can't. At 80, the 2.0 is superior to everything except a fabled raid drop from PoP. Even at level 75, only raid weapons surpass the 2.0. Once you hit 80, you start seeing group weapons that are better ratio than the 2.0 drop from regular group mobs.

The 1.5 and 2.0 clickies are still useful in later levels, though the value of the critical hit bonus is reduced as one approaches 3,000 dexterity.
  18. minimind The Village Idiot

I love the any-level clicky haste.
  19. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Swiftwind remains a viable offhand for the majority of the next 3 expansions, even if only during trueshot at the end.

While I never have used Earthcaller on any of my rangers that got it (always had a box with slows, and its overshadowed by Wurmslayer and Ivyshae), its one of those things you can still carry with you and use more than never.
  20. Ueauvan Journeyman

i always carry earthcaller and a tash stick, i have a bandolier slow for them and when you need a slow on older content for fun, imbued ferocity ...