So, no one is going to mention the mount buff "change"?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Volka, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Volka New Member

Okay, I'll do it.

Why did we have yet another ninja update in yesterday's patch? One that took away something that people paid real world money in the DBG store for?

If you click off your mount buff, you lose the buff and you can't get it back. You lose your hit-points and mana, and whatever else this gives.

1. Why do you feel justified taking away something people paid real money for, and have had for years?
    2. And then why did you not mention it in the patch notes, so people could have been more careful about not clicking off the buff?

The buff now says it's not valid until House of Thule. And I get that. But you already took away the vendors/bankers we'd been using for many expansions. And unlike the AA, people spent cash here. And weren't told this was changing...

Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do ....
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Mount Blessing Azia you mean? Wouldn't that be mostly a waste of buff slot come HoT lol
  3. Kardinal Lorekeeper

What the?

Seriously? I paid a LOT of marketplace cash to buy wolves and other animals with buffs when they were available on Agnarr. Because of that buff. So, where's my refund?
    FaloverC likes this.
  4. Kardinal Lorekeeper

Yes, but on Agnarr there will never be HoT.
  5. Darksiphon New Member

Don't click the buff off
  6. Kardinal Lorekeeper

Thank you Captain Obvious.
    There are moments in raiding where you reorganize your buffs to have junk buffs up top. This was not an issue until last nights patch. People will not immediately know about this change. They'll click it off one day when they start raiding with that char and the money spend on the mount will effectively be wasted since they are then no better than a horsie or drogmor.
  7. ajschliewe Elder

You missed the part where if you click off the summon horse buff, the beza buff goes away as well.
    Remember, there are 2 buffs, on for the mount itself and one for the buff. both appear in your buff window.
  8. Numiko Augur

this sounds like something that should be posted in the Bug forum, I seriously doubt its intentional
  9. Volka New Member

Except it is.
    Because now, the text on your permanent mount buff clearly states it is not available until House of Thule.
    It's not a bug.
    It's a ninja change that should have been announced.
    Herf likes this.
  10. Kardinal Lorekeeper

I think it's in line with their "vision". The buff mounts were only available for, I dunno, half a year? on Agnarr and were then suddenly replaced with standard buffless horses (mounts from crates also have no buff). Same happened to some illusion that gave levitation (although they added another levitation illusion again later, being inconsistent). Many extra buffs on illusions that can be bought on Agnarr don't effect until PoR. I guess while "streamlining" their database, they "corrected" this "oversight". And kept mum about it.
    Herf likes this.
  11. Numiko Augur

ah ok i missed the part that its restricted to servers that have not reached House of Thule, then I agree with you that it should have been in the patch notes and mounts purchased on the marketplace on those severs should be refunded.
    Herf and Gaunt like this.
  12. Kardinal Lorekeeper

That's not how that works - until yesterday at least. You could click off the mount and keep the buff. Same as with the froglok illusion levitation or the wolf illusion from the dena buff.

I will have to .. no I don't want to test that.
    Because that would mean that you'd lose the buff when you enter an indoor zone.
    Herf likes this.
  13. ajschliewe Elder

The point is that these mounts with the buffs have been on numerous servers over at least the last 3 years and then all of a sudden without saying anything about it, goes and changes it. Phinny should be the template on how all future TLPs should be based on. We had mounts with the buffs from luclin on, we had vet rewards from GoD on. That's how all the other TLPs should be.
    Zinth likes this.
  14. Zinth Augur

And Phinny is still going strong :D
    ajschliewe likes this.
  15. Gaunt New Member

It is pretty poor form and unfair to those who bought them from the DB Store.

Nothing was ever mentioned about "available in X era" when they accepted the purchase.

If you look at the VoA bundle now avail in the store, the Kangon Saddles specifically mention bonus not available until VoA....no such flag was present for wolves, worgs, etc.
    Herf likes this.
  16. Weaps Journeyman

This is a pretty annoying change, and it's made even more so by the fact that you couldn't be bothered to throw a bullet point into the patch notes to warm those of us who have spent $$ to have the buff not to click it off or we lose it forever (on Agnarr). Let's keep things in perspective, life isn't over, but it is shady practice to sell something, then materially alter the functionality or terms of service without warning or recourse to the customer.
    Herf, Volka and Gaunt like this.
  17. Theolopulous New Member

I was thinking about resubscribing all 3 of my accounts on agnarr but thank you Daybreak for saving me some money. Keep up the great worko_O.
    Herf likes this.
  18. Kardinal Lorekeeper

Interesting definition of a "cheat" you got there.

After this change I would call it "bait and switch".
    Which is an old time honored business tactic, I understand, but also extremely <filtered word>.
    Volka likes this.
  19. Kardinal Lorekeeper

20. Gaunt New Member

Ah the joys of ignore...like wiping your....shoes off... ;)