Servers going down ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Apr 16, 2020.

1. kmbsjb New Member

Lockjaw just crashed, at least i just got the "you have been disconnected" screen
    Shanarias likes this.
  2. Croaksputin Journeyman

Tried to log into VOX this morning. Took over 16 seconds to load characters. My main, is missing. My alts were there, but my main was gone. Then I send a message to support. Try to log in again and the server is down. Why? It was down just about all day yesterday. why is it down again?
  3. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Wondering what was happening, tried to disband merc and it refused to leave the group!! :eek:
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Scheduled maintenance? I never saw anything and this is like the 3rd day in a row? reminds me of eq in the past. Was doing bunch of tradeskills stuff and then I got disconnected.

Andarriel
  5. UncleUms Journeyman

LOVE IT! Feels like 2003 all over again, and I mean I LOVE IT! Hell lvls, people complaining about a patch to fix the patch, claiming they took the day off to EQ only one day after a major update. If you have been playing EQ for 21 years like everybody in this forum claims and you STILL don't expect a patch to fix the patches patch of the patch, then I don't know what to tell you...
  6. Angahran Augur

"scheduled maintenance" ??
    At least be honest for once!

If you are 'scheduling maintenance' AFTER a catastrophic failure of your system you need to fire your maintenance people!

Maintenance is supposed to happen to prevent things breaking.
    Once things have broken it is called REPAIR.

Scheduled implies it was planned BEFORE things failed.
    Wadiliel_Choo, Danorok and Graves like this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Someone please tell me what is the test server for?

Andarriel
  8. Diani Augur

4 servers still showing up,

meanwhile my cleric is sitting quietly in the AB bazaar
  9. Fandiien Lorekeeper

Hey Svann... Looks like dayBROKE did it again with their inept staff
  10. ArtremasEQ Augur

"All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 7:00 AM PDT "
    Exact time we all started crashing....

Someone click the wrong button for which EQ version to bring down ?
    Hillbillyheaven likes this.
  11. Foanddi Apprentice

It's not scheduled maintenance, it said they were "Investing an issue with ,x,x,x,x,x server" when only like 5-6 were down.... once it hit 10+ they changed the message to say scheduled maintenance.
  12. Danorok New Member

On Firiona Vie, I had just taken down "The Fabled Tallon Zek" and was heading up to see if Rallos was up. Did not get a warning servers were going down whatsoever. No, "5 minutes until server shutdown, please log out in a safe place." Or whatever their server coming down message is. Was just an immediate black screen stating, "You have been disconnected.". Came here about 5 minutes later to see a "scheduled" maintenance announcement. I call BS. I get that things go wrong, but at least be honest about the situation rather than calling it scheduled maintenance. Call it what it is. An emergency maintenance because something broke.

Fiists -- 110 Monk - Firiona Vie Server
    Hillbillyheaven and Shanarias like this.
  13. IcebergDX Lorekeeper

Tunare died about 10 or 15 min ago, was busy reading forums. No warning, just glad my baby chanter was in the merchant getting ready to sell stuff to the vendor. EQ - Unannounced "Scheduled Maintenance" crashes since at least 2001. These guys could F up a wet dream...
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

no message when they crash.... this was not scheduled