New SK Dot changes stink

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dwimmerlaike, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Dwimmerlaike Elder

Title says it all. Too much mana for what? I am almost wondering who even thought we needed this change.
  2. Emiliss New Member

It's been planned since like 2016... I really don't understand why people are so surprised about this and the upcoming necro DoT revamp. Like it or hate it, it was a long time coming. See the link for the original news post on the subject.

https://www.everquest.com/news/march-2016-patch-preview
  3. Nadisia Augur

Well , after small tests ...
    • before revamp, SK dots were uneffective.
    • after revamp, SK dots are still kinda uneffective ... but do cost a lot more mana
    [IMG]

Chaining lifetaps is still the way to go imho.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Cosmoe New Member

If the reason for this revamp was to get us to stop using them, it worked for me.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Three words: GoM ;)

Have your mana-piggiest, heaviest hitting DoT memmed, and when you hear the GoM chime, cast the DoT. That's what I do with my big druid DoT. It works pretty good.
    Skuz and Allayna like this.
  6. Drakang Augur

They all are mana pigs now. DPS is a boost but not massive. But for mana usage feel like a shaman without canni watching my mana bar plummet. Can we get the nerf to Though leech undone?
    Nadisia and dreadlord like this.
  7. Soulblaze Journeyman

Imagine being a Wizard when your 3 Force AA nukes started using mana when they were free prior....
    Ulrin likes this.
  8. Tappin Augur

Did any SK actually stack dots? They gone from useless to absolutely useless.
  9. Angahran Augur

I fixed it for you :p
    Velisaris_MS, Graves and Bigstomp like this.
  10. kizant Augur

Except when that happened our AA nukes didn't triple in damage. SKs got a strong upgrade and they're just pretending or too dumb to know better.
    Ulrin, FawnTemplar, Sancus and 9 others like this.
  11. mallakhi New Member

SK's have dots?
    Velisaris_MS and Genior like this.
  12. Genior New Member

I am not sure past something like lvl 100 , any SK that tanks hopefully isn't wasting Gem space on dots.. I guess technically the debuffs we use are tied into dots maybe? /shrug
  13. Runzen Elder

welcome to the mana suck club …. /bows to druids
  14. Ouklaol New Member

well Compared to how the dots were before, pretty useless but atleast a small amount of damage, compared to now it takes me 30-50% mana to solo 1 undead orc in the rygorr mines, before i could pretty much do it all day with my dots and everything i didnt notice a huge damage increase from the dot damage and im at around 47k aa atm, with that being said and no offense to mods or anyone else in here DID you drink out of the toilet bowl when you figured the extreme mana cost on sk spells post nerf was worth it?? personally im hoping that you would take a look and reduce that cost, its simply too costly compared to the damage done over time loosing 50% mana on a blue mob from just using 4 dots and some taps to keep myself alive without a merc is just LAME af IMHO!
  15. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Necro dots are just fine...please remove the "Necro DoT revamp" thread and this issue from the dev to do list...really we're fine. Please fine tune druid dots they need love.....
  16. ArtremasEQ Augur

Dummy tests.
    40-50k dps ish solo, 150kdps-ish with Burn discs running (solo). for 3 Dots. (No Snare, no Bond)
    Better with appropriate ADPS of coure

Dots are now actually usefull for some situations. On Raids however, still prevented by mob max debuff limits, so /meh.

Bond remains worthless, with a huge mana increase, a Nerf to total returned Health, so yeah, dustbin for it still.
    yepmetoo likes this.
  17. Mazame Augur

Look at Ranger / Druids / Beastlord dot mana cost then maybe we can talk ..
  18. German Augur

Don't worry next patch SKs get Focused Paragon.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. kmbsjb New Member

man, did not expect it to be such a drastic change to the mana cost! Looks like GoM will be the only way i cast dots, cant afford it any other way now.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I cant wait til the redo necro dots and they all rage quit. you guys been warned :)~

Andarriel