Veil of Alaris Collector's Edition Items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sissruukk, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

I see DPG added this to the DB store. My question is, however, why are they charging nearly $70 in DB coinage to buy this? I figured $20-$30 considering that this xpac is a bit old.
    Beastly and Bobokin like this.
  2. Febb Augur

Because they know that there are some people out there that will actually spend that much on it and then when they feel they have milked them, they'll lower the price and get everyone else.
  3. Thunderkiks Augur

Thanks for the heads up!
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

@Dreamweaver

The store seems down. It won't process transactions.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  5. Bobokin Augur

When I first posted that DBG put up the old collector packs. I suggested they be priced at the final price they were at or 50% off the original price.

Quite frankly, the $79.99 price is insulting to the players of Everquest. It is like spitting in our faces.

The preorder NEW was $59.99 and 50% off the jacked up price of $89.99 is $44.99. Where did that $79.99 come from?

Daybreak Games and Fippy Darkpaw are starting to look a lot like Bethesda and EA Games.
    Beastly likes this.
  6. Morigaine Elder

Just wanted to provide some feedback. I totally love the idea of these being available in the marketplace. I'm not sure how many people will feel the Alaris collectors pack will be worth the price point. On current live servers, the bags are fairly obsolete. I will say that I would pay the price for an expansion that had a house or something more useful.

So the basic feedback is that if this doesn't sell well, please don't misinterpret that as lack of interest. You are just choosing the wrong expansions.
    Bobokin likes this.
  7. Bobokin Augur

It is $79.99. That is nearly $80.

It isn't April 1st again; is it?
  8. Bobokin Augur

Wrong expansions at the wrong prices.
    enclee and Beastly like this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

$80 for 2 terrible bags, a few paintings, one merc skin and a couple awful mounts? Uh, yeah, no thanks.

If they want to raise money, why don't they ever do something smart, like put all those GM event and beta only illusions on the marketplace for $50 each.

Would make them hundreds of thousands of dollars I bet.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It is interesting that they offered Daybreak Cash option instead of site-only order. This could explain the high price point.

1. I wonder if the VoA Collector's Edition is targeted at the TLP crowd where these bags and mounts hold greater value.

2. One reason that they may assign high prices to past Collector Editions is to encourage sales in the present. If players feel like the CE or Premium Edition prices will be re-released at a lower price, then they will "wait it out." If Daybreak re-releases at a higher price, players will be more inclined to purchase the current ToV offering (to avoid the higher price point which acts as a sort of penalty).

3. Completionists may be willing to pony up the cash. I've met a handful of players who have paid tens or hundreds of dollars on cat (Jade Tiger), bird (Daybreak), and Christmas (Santug) crates to complete their set and achievement.

4. They want to create the effect of scarcity and/or prestige - it's prestigious to hang the 'Original EQ' painting in your guild hall.

The older Collector Editions probably don't appeal to Live players as much as those from The Darkened Sea (Battle Cat mounts) and on. They could price pre-TDS CEs at 3500-5000 DBC and post-TDS CEs at 9000-12000 DBC. PEs could be set at 17000+ DBC.
  11. Genior New Member

Very disappointing, hopefully they will bring this back in-line. Not sure why they don't just put them all in place for $25-$30 each instead of spacing them out every 6 months.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

They want to create a sense of scarcity.

Most games rotate bundles or cosmetics in and out of their cash shop.

You also have to worry about undermining current Collector/Premium Edition expansion sales as well as saturating the market where people will burn out.
  13. Genior New Member

I get all that, but at the current rate, its going to be another 3 years before they get up to today.. the main problem with their pricing is not only are you paying more then when it came out, you also are not getting the current XPAC / access to all the previous content. This game doesn't have a 3 year cash plan. Proof is how little they invested in making a new XPAC.. all they did was overhaul existing zones and stole the theme and monsters from Game of Thrones …. heck they even took "Bend the Knee"
    Bobokin likes this.
  14. Bobokin Augur

What, you don't like the fourth version of Kael Drakkel?

Charge $39.99 and put it in the DBG Store, or charge $39.99 on a link and include a krono.

$79.99 isn't even worth a view as click bait.
  15. Lorec_Aradune New Member

Anyone know if the bags are single claim, or 999 like House of Thule?
  16. Bobokin Augur

Does it matter? At that price, why bother?
  17. Zamiam Augur

the bags in the VoA collector's edition are single use per account .. they are heirloomable .. but only one per account .. if you click on it in markeplace then hit the inspect button it will show you what is included and those type of bags are never 999 .. the last bags we got that was 999 and iirc the only bags was from HoT expansion you got the dreamweaver satchel (16 slot) and the Etherreal dreamweave (20 slot) satchel .. both were 999 ..

Now the saddles in the original release were 999 and the swintor contract were also 999, however in this collector's edition in marketplace i have no idea if they are 999 or not..

I can almost guarantee the paintings are 999 ...

If you want bags buy the karana bundle for 35 bucks with 10% discount its 31 and you get 2 40slot bags and some xp pots
  18. Lorec_Aradune New Member

It makes a bog deal on tlps when you want to bag up alts. HoT pack was really nice for that, the bag were 999. $70 worth it for 6 chrs, not for 1
  19. autarch808 New Member

edit: figured out what i was going to ask.