Autocast for casters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Krushor, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Blackhand New Member

Well, yeah ... it sucked.
  2. Krushor Journeyman

I would absolutely be fine with autocasting a nuke or a heal or implement the autocast like /melody for bards.
  3. Krushor Journeyman

Cheater cheater cheater. In game solution for the problem please. Your post doesnt help.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. Nadisia Augur

I was just commenting your second point, because you have tried hehe.

Yeah, you know, that stupid ding ding sound when you alt-tabbed on your browser with your «Alt A» or whatever macro running :D

@Jhenna_BB and Krushor
    I'm not against autoforage, or autofishing.
    But I'd take a filter for foraged and fished items 1st.

Cuz, you know, fishing shoes or rusty daggers, or foraging useless gold nuggets and small chunks of velium is not really useful ;)

For autocast, in my humble opinion, it won't happen.
    Maybe for some AA spells, like the mage/wizard forces, but I highly doubt it.

Or, maybe, they can add some «Magic stuff bench», which acts like a crafting bench, and uses reagents + your own spell to enchant/imbue/etc your stuff.
    Maybe.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

GIT GUD?
  6. shiftie Augur

The devs have explicitly stated over time that the limit to macro lines and the inability to tie them together is intentional.

They intend to limit automated play. Hitting a button once every 3 seconds manually or 35-40 seconds on a social is not the end of the world.
  7. Krushor Journeyman

Autocombine for tradeskills Shiftie. Are you opposed to that as well? It would be the same thing.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Provided only the spells that are trade skill related were allowed to use the command I would not be opposed to it.

Tradeskills were carpal-tunnel inducing repetitions prior to the implementation of the trade skill system & I think it is fairly reasonable to have those spells such as the mass enchants be able to have some repeat mechanism to reduce the laboriousness of them.

If not that then perhaps some toggled AA that allows all of the mass enchant type spells to have 1000x quantity for 1000x component maybe & it increases the cast time to match it.
  9. shiftie Augur

No it would not be the same thing at all. Having a wizard or group of wizards auto casting on a target is no where close to making stat food on an auto combine that yields neither experience or progression except for skill ups still limited by how many mats you have.

Edit to add what is your usecase for needing that much enchanted clay that you need to auto cast it over night
  10. Krushor Journeyman

This would be perfect as well.
  11. Cuuthbert Augur

Auto cast and Auto melee are no where close to the same. Auto fire and auto cast are NO WHERE close to the same. I don't care what planet you have convinced yourself you live on in horrible justificationville it will not compute to being the same. The sheer amount of times a ranger would have to hit fire is nowhere near where a caster would have to cast. So if you want to enchant clay make a social and program your key and you will be fine. If programming your keyboard is to difficult, I promise you there is a YouTube video showing you how to do it
  12. Krushor Journeyman

You are ignoring the request to have the functionality without a third party program. I am not sure if you missed that.
    A social does not meet the requirement to summon thousands of magic clay blocks.
    Using a keyboard or mouse macro would limit your ability to tab to another program or another toon.
    If you swap over from the caster that is casting summon clay and you are relying on a macro to make that happen that toon will no longer be casting the summon clay.
    The issue is not my ability to program a keyboard / mouse macro. The functionality should exist at least for some scenarios.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You seem to be ignoring tradeskill items are bought, dropped, or traded.

If you are going to summon clay magically it is subject to the restrictions of spell casting.

Tabbing away from the character making 'thousands' of clay means you are now the cheater.

You're going to cheat to tab away from the character doing actions, but you're just too cheap to buy a mouse to help you out there bro?
  14. mikey anchorage Journeyman

i dont like the idea at all. just an opinion. people want god mode.
  15. Krushor Journeyman

If I want to look at a website to look up a quest or mission or trade skill recipe that would require me to tab away or shift focus to a browser.
    If you tab away while auto combining for a trade skill are you a cheater? I don't see how that would be the case. So if i was summoning clay and wanted to look at a browser I would not be cheating.
    I have all these mice and keyboards that you are saying i cant afford.
    I don't want to use a macro.

I hate that i just realized that autocast wouldnt work for summoning items though. Eventually there are to many items on the cursor and you wont be able to summon anymore. Ugh.
    This doesnt change the fact that I hate you MasterMagnus and cuckbert
  16. svann Augur

Meh people already use multibind mash keys to play, and many will insist thats the only right way to raid. Its 90% automated already. I dont see what the big deal is if you accept that you should accept this.
    edit: and yes Ive argued that multibind mashing should be removed from the game but I accept that it wont be. This is almost the same thing.
  17. Deathly Elder

Bards would be offended.... cause they are special. Not like in the history of this game options that classes had were not given to other classes right. Be real......
  18. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I want to be Tradeskill Jesus... five stacks of ore and two stacks of clay that miraculously skill up the masses. Only for the those with a deity, all you agnostics should go pound salt though cause turns out...you were wrong!
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

/autoinv

The only problem is you're trying to do it on more than one character at a time (cheating).

When I use my mouse to automate fishing I can't type with the keyboard either in any other application. You are limited to one character, just like if you were actually behind the keyboard, clicking your fishing macro again. Just like auto combine tradeskilling.

It's not doing anything beyond what you can do sitting there yourself on one character.

You brought up the cheating. And don't worry, it's okay to hate me for whatever reason you want.
  20. Imminent Journeyman

I would be in favor of this option under 1 condition...If casts every spell loaded in spell bar, uninterruptible until it has fired every spell...........So in other words, not interested.