Druids and Group Curse Cures

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Runzen, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Runzen Elder

2. Szilent Augur

or perhaps you misunderstand what druids are. not "priest class", "dps class that has some heals"
    Petalonyx and Duder like this.
  3. Runzen Elder

Yes druids put out dps, but they are also healers, just like shamans are capable of, and having to load two cures on an event vs one adds a spell gem to increase the dps they are capable of. Especially when they are also doing debuffs, and heals and dots and nukes, let me know please when you run out of hot bar space for your buttons :mad:
  4. Wulfhere Augur

There has been an open bug report that the Corruption slot should be for Curse. Go vote it up.
    Petalonyx and Allayna like this.
  5. Szilent Augur

No, not just like shaman. If it was just like shaman, then your inventory screen would have a spinning dreamcatcher instead of a holly wreath & shillelagh. Start comparing the tools each class has available, recognize that druids have a robust suite of dps things. AA nukes, AA dps swarmpets, Twincast spell, good nukes, great dots, AA nuke burns, AA dot burns -- and "okay" healing stuff. Druid good heals pretty much run out after 3 spells & 3 AA. It's like 1 more spell & 1 more AA than rangers have. Less than beastlords if you count their pet stuff. Unless you count the remotes! Because druids have 3-4 more good "healing" spells to cast -- that are based on debuffing/damaging the enemies. Because they're a dps class (with debuffs & some heals), not a healing class (with debuffs & some dots). Stop equating dru with shm in your head and this will all make way more sense.

If an event calls for heavy curing, then caster groups need to lean on paladins for their Splashes. Just like if an event calls for heavy healing of non-tanks, casters groups need to lean on shaman for their Squalls. That druid can fill in, can make do, have the tools to pick up the slack most of the time - that characterization of their abilities is a strength of the class. Druids are misassigned if expected to do the heavy lifting of heals & cures - just as you observe, it cuts into execution on their actual strong suit. It's like assigning Necros to be healers with their Vollmondnacht Orb spell. The class can DO it, but that's not what they're there for. The difference is just player expectation.
    Duder, Rolaque and Kedra Leafwalker like this.
  6. Crystilla Augur

Can I tease you back and say "say what"? Druids are one of the 3 priest classes. :)
  7. Szilent Augur

cle shm pal?
    Kedra Leafwalker likes this.
  8. Runzen Elder

You realize im asking for nothing more than a curse cure component added to a group spell, at level 115 which is what it should be...something I feel was missed. Doing groups ya don't always have another healer, multiple people can have a dot. All through TBL this was a royal pita … restless ice ohh needs curse cure. In raids sure lean on the pallys / splashers … this isn't always possible outside of raid. Not every request is based on raids.
  9. Szilent Augur

You mentioned "an event", forgive my assumption you meant raids~ Personally, I just wait for the curse version of Ice to expire, cure it off in disease mode. Burning Lands was challenging AE-wise, only slightly less so for shm. Their group cure exists, but doesn't come built into a group heal like cle or pal have. Pairing up with a paladin for those mobs is definitely smart play.
  10. Allayna Augur

Hey bro

[IMG]
    Runzen likes this.
  11. Runzen Elder

shaman curing in tbl was so simple easy its crazy … one spell done... raids or group didn't matter druids don't have that luxury losing dps slots for cures is a waste imo … building a group around another that I may or may not pick up is not a viable option either. its a simple fix an nothing that is out of touch with anything that has been done previous
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ing-issue-with-druid-group-cure-spell.261208/

It is very clear they meant to put Curse on this spell line but accidentally put Corruption. It makes 0 sense for us to have a Corruption only cure and a Disease/Poison/Corruption cure. But no group curse cure other than Radiant Cure every minute.

It puts druids at a severe disadvantage in fights where curse effects need to be regularly cured. For most of those events I just tell my group that if multiple people are getting hit by this effect I can just try to heal through and even then I use my 2 fast heals and then have to rely on slow Vida line which is terrible in the modern speed of the game.
    Runzen likes this.
  13. Ninelder Augur

He's basing this assumption by the heal parse on raids, but you got the order wrong... its Shaman, Cleric Paladin..... then.....much later... Druids.

He is also at least partially accurate historically. Druids were originally fleshed out as more of hybrid. Sp were shaman. The only real priests were clerics and paladins. The paladin class is a D&D mistake that got infected into EQ by virtue of the original game being based on a 1970s D&D campaign. They are also clerics, but I digress.

Druids were originally described as being able to harness the destructive powers of nature while also having excellent martial prowess with a scimitar. Shaman said something of a similar nature but with disease and decay mixed in.

While shaman became functional healers in Luclin with the introduction of HoTs, druids, who also got a very laughable version of an HoT never fit the bill of a healer.

Both classes recieved an Incomplete heal in GoD-OoW to help substitute the waning cleric population on complete heal rotations in raids. This was done because a really bad dev thought that repeatedly making every raid consist of 15 to 20 pct of the raid hiding behind a wall, counting to a number, and repeatedly clicking one spell gem every so many seconds; good content. He was wrong, many druids stopped playing/maining their druids due solely to horrible content and extremely lazy effort from the devs.

Sometime around this point they "re-envisioned" EQ with the class archetypes and druids became priests.
  14. Runzen Elder

Thank you Darchon, after Wulfhere said something went looking but couldn't find it
  15. Petalonyx Augur

My druid turned out to be dps and not a priest.
    My paladin turned out to be a priest and not a tank.
    My mage turned out to be a tank.

In the end, it worked out.
    Rolaque likes this.
  16. Chlorogoth New Member

You don't know what druids are.
  17. Szilent Augur

Happy to learn. You're going to have to back up your position on what they are with observations of their actual abilities, though.
    Kedra Leafwalker likes this.
  18. Kedra Leafwalker Lorekeeper

I have played a druid from day 1 and honestly healing is the farthest thing from my mind, killing the target is the first thing, if we are all still alive after that, then I will heal.
    Rolaque likes this.