Allow us to permanently link accounts together

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darchon_Xegony, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I think it is fair to say many people playing this game now a days have multiple accounts.

Allow us to link together these accounts permanently. Linking accounts would allow us to:
    • Transfer characters between linked accounts only
    • Trade Heirloom items between linked accounts
    • Pay for multiple accounts through a single master account
    Mukkul, Borm_of_fv, Skuz and 11 others like this.
  2. nildiar Lorekeeper

I actually like this idea would solve the no more account to account transfers. I wouldn't even mind a extra charge to link the accounts similar to transfer costs
    Kedra Leafwalker likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Account account transfers don't work. And if they did they would still be charging money for them. The only type of account to account transfers that have ever been allowed are for ones belonging to the same player.

I don't think there intention is to have heirloom stuff floating between multiple accounts even if they same person owns them. But if they did it that would be nice.

I really don't want to see them mess with the accounting system as far as payments. To be honest I hear about enough problems as it is. And I can see many more..." please I didnt mean to pay for all 10 of my accounts only 5 of them can I have a refund?" It sounds nice in theory but I can see it getting pretty complicated.

It would be nice to claim the 500 monthly DBC that is part of subs (wont call it free as we pay for it) once for all accounts but I don't see it being worth the effort for the work put in. Besides making us claim the 500 DBC is there way for ensuring some miss it each month either from forgetting or not logging in. What WOULD be nice is for them to just automatically give it to any active sub each month again like they used to.
  4. cadres Augur

Love this idea!
    Can see it could be good for acc security too
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yep... get all your accounts hacked at once?
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  6. nildiar Lorekeeper

I think it would be a greater boon to people that own multiple accounts and want to swap 1 toon from 1 account to the other to suite playing style.
    As long as you own the account and all the info is same, email cc etc that would be fine. Now let me say i'm not saying this isn't without hacking risks. But with separate security questions this becomes less of an issue
  7. Daedly Augur

I wish I could "like" this harder by holding down the like button.
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Bad idea.
    Security issues.
    3rd party sales.
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I think that this would prevent 3rd party sales because you are permanently linking the accounts to have a joint account that would control the other ones.

It would be extremely helpful for the players to have a single account hub they can use to manage their subscriptions/account passwords. It would be nice to be able to pool all their station cash and buy things across multiple accounts. Players have been consistently asking to be allowed to transfer characters between accounts, this has been denied due to the 3rd party sales concerns but having accounts that are permanently linked would prevent people from selling off characters since the only accounts you can move them to are ones whose password controls are handled by your main account. Most people playing currently who have alts instead have boxes on separate accounts which renders the purpose of Heirloom moot for most of them. If you could instead have a shared bank across multiple of your linked accounts it would help make use of those items you would otherwise be deleting and not motivated to obtain again for a boxed account.

The game has shifted a great deal over the last two decades, and its time to face the reality of the new modern EverQuest player. Many of whom have multiple paid accounts. The account infrastructure doesn't reflect the reality of the number of accounts many players currently maintain. I think its time to update that to make it more friendly to boxers and provide incentives to add additional boxes to your menageries.
    dreadlord likes this.
  10. Ueauvan Journeyman

id love this, i want to swap a char from to another a couple of times, one of my accounts is lifetime the other two are gold
  11. enclee Augur

I’d prefer this, it’d make account management simpler. People already link all their bank account information into budget applications like Mint.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Would potentially be more secure, so long as the "master" account used two or three factor security.

Phone app for single-use login codes for example, along with an email verification.

I have 5 accounts & all have different login names & passwords.
  13. Borm_of_fv Apprentice

Single best idea I've heard from this forum in a decade.
  14. nildiar Lorekeeper

I actually would add a few Caveats to this.
    1) make linking accounts irreversible
    2) Only allow on paid accounts "there's no reason there should be 6 linked accounts that are free"
    3) Charge a cost to link accounts "sadly without this there is NO incentive for DP to do it"