Suspended for Toxic Behavior without proof

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Apr 2, 2020.

1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The EULA hasn't been changed since February 2018.
  2. forum troll Elder

^^ This
  3. Moege Augur

Then have some self control and don't call people names and swear at them in tells ... /just saying
    Skuz, svann, Duder and 3 others like this.
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

When I started this thread, I used this account to ask the GM why my other account is suspended. I got " toxic behavior " as a reply.
    When I logged in with the account that was unsuspended I found out it was not for swearing.

I assumed it was for swearing as that was the only 'toxic behavior' I have done in the week of suspension. I even told the GM I swore in tells to a player.

It was for something so petty and small and was told if I had petitioned the player first, things would have turned out differently.
    Skuz, Svann, Duder, Nennius,Herodotus liking the post above...

:p

Corwyhn Lionheart is exempt :)
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

Well what was it for? Dont get all shy now!
    Dythan and Duder like this.
  6. Yara_AB Augur

Seriously: If the suspension was not justified you deserve the time off credited towards your account.
    From what you just said it seems like they made a mistake and you had to face the consequences.
    How long was it? 2 Weeks?
  7. Elsewhere Elder

Reminds me of the days I used to admin a Team Fortress 2 server, and could access/view it remotely without showing up in game. The amount of toxic numpties I would kick/ban for all sorts of disruptive stuff was silly.

These people who were mic spamming music, shot-blocking, swearing at anyone/everyone, spraying prawn sprays on walls (thinking no admin could see them as none were in-game) were the same people who would then come onto the server forums an hour later posting "I just got banned but I didn't do anything wrong, what gives?" threads.

Their defense? Usually it was "There wasn't a sign up saying I couldn't/shouldn't do these things"
  8. Aethervox New Member

I got banned once for using inappropriate words (swearing) to Customer support. I appealed & got re-instated. It was a lesson to me. In my case all it was - was losing a special account reward after doing a heroic character conversion which I later regretted doing. How good an idea is it to take a low level character & make it 85? Without AAs? Without high level experience in that class? Not very. I'm glad I dumped the heroic character. Anyway, like someone said, it's their world so you have to obey their rules.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

What I got suspended for is not in any rules.
    It is so meager it is stupid.
  10. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

You are either a Veteran as you claim or a Newbie. A Veteran would already know what is in the EULA and what is in the Play Nice Rules. As I said, pick a lane.