Why did you add Overseer if all you've done is make it useless?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tanise, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Tanise Elder

When it was added it had some functionality. I hardly played with it, but at least it had some use. I could get a couple of tradeskill mats, others liked the oom brews. That obviously disturbed you, so you nerfed it to near uselessness. But I continued to work on it because I figured I could use the collection pieces for my boxes when/if I can them the stupid shoulders.

Now it's just garbage.

What was the point in adding it to the game and then making it useless? Why not spend that time on releasing the rest of the expansion?
  2. Yirrara Journeyman

And especially, why did you sneak that change in without warning. I have hundreds of collection items on boxes that I spent quite a bit of time and DBC on collecting that I spent on using on my main and one box once I've gone through old expansions once and filled some collections in ... and now they are useless.
  3. Leelaz New Member

I already felt like the rear-end of a donkey but seriously, why wouldn't you at least make the collectibles heirloom? I was optimistic about Overseer after the first nerf and now I want a refund for the money I wasted on this garbage.
    Mazame and Claan like this.
  4. Feth New Member

I am in agreement here. I actually started two boxes and intended to keep them subscribed in order to finish my main's collectibles. Now since the collectibles can't be shared I don't need to keep the boxes subscribed, so I will just go back to one account.
    Mazame, Wulfhere and Claan like this.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

If you already have them. Note the ATUNABLE flag... trade those as you like.

The dispenser are heriloom, so you can trade around your account before you open them.

When you claim it from a dispenser, it attunes it to that character. So trade a dispenser through the shared bank before you claim the collectible.
    KarmaKitty and Thunderkiks like this.
  6. Tanise Elder

It says no drop and attunable.
  7. Tanise Elder

My boxes are across 11 other accounts, Boxes not alts.
  8. Leelaz New Member

Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't realize that the base was heirloom still. I feel better about it, but still would like the sub-items to be heirloom.
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Feel free for those boxes to attain those through normal gameplay ;)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Catashe Augur

Only annoying thing about that is I like to use them for my other accounts to catch up my boxes.. now ill just have a bunch of useless dispensers cause I usually get all my collections in era on my main account =\
    Mediik, Deathly and Mazame like this.
  11. Tanise Elder

Feel free to stick your opinion... :)
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

So, I had a lengthly response typed out this change and your comments in particular, but then decided to delete it because I would most likely have been banned for it.

I'll just say this: you folks never fail to disappoint me on stuff like this.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

the "sub dispensers" are also heirloom, so it's heirloom until it turns into a an actual collectible item.

Also. I added an option to get the main dispenser to all of the sets, so if you want you can backtrack to that.
    KarmaKitty, Fanra and adetia like this.
  14. Ryino Elder

Yeah this change is pretty weak without warning. People paying RL cash for a system only to be stuck holding the bag when you decide to change the reward structure is a pretty poor way to treat your customer base.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This doesn't work as described.

I claimed a Cobalt Burrower from one of the Bixie Warfront collects. In the claim window I inspected the item before I claimed it, it showed just Attunable and Collectible. Once I got the item in my inventory it showed Attunable, No Drop and Collectible.

I already have this item claimed. As you described it, it should've been only attunable for me and therefore tradeable.
    Mediik, Wulfhere and Skuz like this.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Was the spirit of the Overseer to get new or returning players into the swing of things? You can start out at 85 buying a Heroic toon and have no one to group with - everyone is 115. This leaves said players with doing a few dailies for a bit of XP each day. Adding a few Overseer tasks to this is helpful.

What you actually created was a paywall. The type 5 augs are way too expensive to even be considered. They should cost like 1000 Tetras. There should be type 7/8 augs on the vendor. There should be spell access available through Research tasks. What you've done with collects is useless to everyone, especially returning players that could use them to level and grab key AA's. I know you're working on AA rewards, but it's still a failure for new or returning players that they are not available.

This paywall is as discouraging to new players as <insert modern MMO cash shop here>. Overseer could and maybe should make new or returning players turn tail and RUN from EverQuest.

You need to speed things up, like a lot. There should be a Common Recruit mission and a Specific Overseer recruit mission (depending on Overseer level) available daily.

Quick recap: Ask new or returning players to pay $15 for a Sub. Pay $35 for a Heroic character. Drop another $25 or $50 on common agents. All this to be able to get up to other players' level.

...and you expect them to stay in Norrath....why?
  17. Yirrara Journeyman

That doesn't help. I stored the dispensers, and these are on boxes, so heirloom doesn't benefit me.
  18. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Guess I never have to open up the overseer bs ever again. Why in the world would you nerf something into COMPLETE uselessness when it was actually a really cool addition to the game for a while??? What could possibly be game breaking or out of balance that would require you to change something from useful to players to NOT useful? As others have said, I personally subscribed two extra toons this month via krono to help with overseer collectible tasks. Like they said, I will not be resubbing them because... why??
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

96 dispencers on my main account - if we had had warning these would have been transfered to the alt accounts who still have a use for them.

Oh well guess thats 96 which will never get used as I finish my main collects long before the next expansion comes out.

Overseer is leaving a bad taste, time to ignore it for a while.
  20. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Same here. Heirloom is worthless for me, too. I have different accounts because I want to play different characters together sometimes. Now, instead of being able to pass collectibles around, you're stuck getting MAYBE one collectible every 24 hours? If you're lucky? Screw this.