COVID19: How about EQ doing it's Part.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Archery, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Archery Lorekeeper

>>>Now that we are locked in as a world and much more limited in funds but with loads of time for "On Demand" ~ "Netflix" ~ "Prime" movies . . wouldn't it be GRAND if EVERQUEST stepped up to the plate and offered items purchased with Day Break Bucks all be priced at 50% off for the duration??

>>>I suggest this as not only a benefit for the players but as a potential INCREASE in Revenue for DBG. Seem Contradictory? Making the items more affordable and having DBG Stepping up to do it's part for this world of "Stay at home" would actually increase total sales, create good will for DBG's and conventionally increase profit through increased sales at a more affordable rate.

>>>Additionally make every weekend bonus experience!! Everyone would love it and DBG would benefit from all the good will created! We are all suffering, Think it over DBG please.
    IceSy likes this.
  2. Coagagin Guild house cat

Since Darkpaw recently became a separate identity and has to prove its value to their private equity for the first year while paying off the separation debt? I wouldn't put money on that financial bet.

Its an unfortunate time for any small business to have recently open for service or trade. Locally, we had two new restaurants open that I doubt will reopen because of the bad timing as well. DP will need to pay for itself in short order or fold. Adding few resources to the pot while sounding good, isn't a viable strategy for now. A year from now and the dust settles and you'd have a better point. For now, DP has given us a ton of discounts and goodies for the taking to entice people to come back or start.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

- Coag

p.s. Flame on if you wish!
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  3. Borm_of_fv Apprentice

My gosh; the government is giving you free money (well, if you're young it'll cost you down the road due to huge deficits); unemployment compensation is doubled for the forseeable future.

Why do we insist that private companies also give you free stuff? You do realize that our GDP is going to crash by 35-45% this year right? We're entering a time where it will resemble the Great Depression. 25% of small business will NEVER reopen. All those employees are out of work. That is suffering, not paying full price for game toys. I think we have too many people who are thinking only of them selves.

The overwhelming selfishness of many people in these times is frustrating.

Use this time to come up with a new idea to start a business, improve a product, invent a new thing.

Send a note of encouragement to a First Responder, Doctor, Nurse or hospital aide. Call some old people and check in on them. Mow the lawn for someone who can't. Bring up their trash cans. Make some masks and donate them to local hospitals, especially pediatric size.

Stop demanding things from private companies becuase you're bored and think this means you're suffering.

/facepalm
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Karango like this.
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

So you just want free stuff right?

They already opened up TLP as free to play. Drop to silver and go play on a TLP if you can't afford Gold status right now.
    Duder and Kurage_of_Luclin like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They just opened up TLP servers for everyone until 8th May, there are already discounts in the market place, we have just had 2 bonus exp sessions. On top of that we have bonus content running for the anniversary. Isn't that enough of an insentive to play EQ?

I'm getting tired of everyone thinking they are entitled to everything at a reduced price of for free just because they are stuck at home.
    Duder and Kurage_of_Luclin like this.
  6. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

If people are actually hurting for cash to pay their bills, and can't buy food for their families, yet are willing to spend any money on Station Cash for entertainment, they have some BIG self-centered reality issues. I spent a large part of my career helping people understand the difference.

If you don't have those issues, then your not suffering.

Entertainment is a luxury.
  7. Rylak Elder

Your post was great up until your economic numbers. The contraction will actually be ~35% for QUARTER 2, not the year. Overall GDP loss for 2020 will be in the 5-10%. This is a horrible number, and will will affect millions of people for sure. But please, let's not overstate such important information that can induce panic beyond what is already there - even on a game board.
  8. Venau Augur

I dunno why I'm even posting this. But it's prlly because I've lacked sleep whilst trading these markets.

Anyway, stating a reduction of 2020 GDP in the 5-10% range is nearly as bad as overstating it.

And for fun: Dow 15,500. No panic here either.

Have a great day!