Where is our necro DoT revamp????

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hadesborne, Apr 5, 2020.

1. seber Augur

why is ever time post about SK and neco dot 10 page of DD class and ADPS talk about neco dots ??????????
    Solliane and Jennre like this.
  2. Duder Augur

Because we all play the game too? Saying that others don't have a right to chime in is selfish. Allowing only Seber to participate wouldn't make much a discussion would it?
  3. Metanis Bad Company

This would actually work.

Give each mob a debuff slot for each type of DOT. Then individual casters of that DOT-type would just increase a counter for the common debuff. At this point it's just arrays and math.

Sure, it would make parsing a living nightmare but would solve the debuff slot issue instantly.
  4. Ibudin Augur

Rolaque, your only function is to keep us necro's alive!
  5. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

All this talk of one class overwriting another or sharing slots sounds like removing more challenge from the game. You absolutely should be able to reduce the overall raid DPS by using resources inefficiently or ineffectively. A raid requires coordinating a large force. Flawed coordination is not automatic failure but removing more of that coordination requirement feels like failure.

Would you remove the doom DoT mechanic because someone might overwrite that DoT before it has run its course or explain that mechanic and its uses to them?

If debuff slot issues are truly not fixable without DoT revamps, leave DoTs alone. The game offers plenty of classes that output damage right now.
  6. Cadira Augur

[IMG]
    Funky likes this.
  7. Rolaque Ancient

Oh, I whole heartedly agree. I like being in necro groups, so I have lots of 'free time' to pursue other interests.
  8. Rolaque Ancient

I don't have a problem with anyone doing more dps than me, under any circumstances. Raids I'm on don't have a problem with how much or how little dps I do. But this forum seems to take issue with how I use my dps tools that don't fit notions about how things should be.

As for Necros, they're just fine, I like them. When I'm put in their group, I do my best to help them. Some are even friends. /wink wink nudge nudge (i.e., that was sarcasm, btw). But you already knew that. :)
    Duder likes this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I wonder if this will end up being a "be careful what you wish for" scenario?
    Cailen likes this.
  10. ShadowMan Augur

100% but the ask's largely came the three years prior to ToV. Now its scalpel time and we likely still get sledge treatment.
    Vexana_Lanys and Cailen like this.
  11. Evurkvest Augur

I think you will find very few raiding top preformers on live wishing for anything to be touched at this point.
    Miminona, Scornfire and Cailen like this.
  12. Drogba Augur

I take toilet paper
    Jondalar, sojero and Duder like this.
  13. Ninelder Augur

That is not his only function. Druids supply significant ADPS in more ways than just wolf and aura. If your guild contains druid-bashing necros they might not be getting these forms of ADPS, thus its no wonder if they aren't making parse.
  14. Sine_of_the_Times New Member

Oi, m8. Any of em dot videos yet, bruv? Oi'd like to see sumfin of em. Dots be po'erful, init? Anyways, m8- if ya find the time, post some videos of you wiv dots. Cheerio, mate.
  15. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

16. seber Augur

so with SK dots update today we can hope Neco dots in next 90day so maybe make all class happy
  17. Ibudin Augur

Were fortunate to have a great druid like yourself, they are like unicorns, necros are a plentiful.
  18. Ibudin Augur

Who isn't making the parse? Necro's aren't hatting on druids, not that I see, everyone loves a good Woodie.
  19. Ninelder Augur

Examples:

I actually read the posts.

I see necro hate on druids being able to get major dot hits when the stars align, on one dot.

The fact is, If your druids were properly debuffing to increase caster DPS including necros, those chromatic haze and gift of chromatic haze procs would more than likely get eaten up by one of their APDS dots(both of which are horrible DPS.) They are cast and maintained to increase other casters raid DPS. No druid has topped a parse since the last round of nerfs several years ago.

Having one of the most populous EQ classes hating on one of the most endangered EQ classes is not going to help anyone. It may convince the druids you raid with to not care about giving you their best ADPS. It certainly won't endear anyone to your cause.
    Rolaque likes this.
  20. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Druids can very easily and repeatedly get the giant dot tics its not hard to replicate and they should all be doing it as the tools refresh.

Druids can and do top a few ToV raids if they are played as a dps class. Numbers that a dps class can not replicate no matter how well played or supported.