Upcoming Server Merge

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Buster_Shruggs, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Hello all. I have been on Trakanon a long time( Love having such a low pop server), from its birth actually; Started as 51 server iirc. Anyhow, it has long been a regular server with the exception of FREE server transfer command enabled. It was announced that Fippy and Trak would merge into Vox. I usually stay All Access via Krono, but I'll revert to Silver from time to time. Fippy is a timelocked/voting server and Vox is a TLP/preferred server. My question is AFTER the merge will I no longer be able to access my characters unless I am All Access or will Vox revert to a non-preferred server? Been a while but I believe we cant access Preferred servers unless All Access is enabled? Thanks
  2. Colt4954 Journeyman

Vox is not a TLP server, its just the same as a regular live server. You can play f2p on it just as you normally would
    Yinla and Buster_Shruggs like this.
  3. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Thank you for the info.
  4. Pefse86 New Member

Where is it written that server merge is happening this patch?

March patch just said to get ready but did not say it would be this April patch.

I've been procrastinating and not checking on character names, guild halls, shared bank slots.;)
  5. Eyezing Lorekeeper

Didn't realize everyone wanted even more random server lag. /Facepalm... Or maybe that's just a xegony thing, but I doubt it
  6. Baliaan New Member

I think most are assuming the server merge is happening due to the way earlier then normal start time and the 13 hrs down time.

As far as trak and fippy rolling into Vox all those servers have been dead or low pop for a long time and your access wont change. They are just moving them to help condense some servers(needed for a while now) as well as give some extra population.
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  7. Captain Video Augur

Trak was never a 51 server, it was launched as a standard blue server. There was a race, and Trak had 85s on it within 48 hours of launch, so players who didn't roll first day might have gotten confused. Vox has been as idle as Trak despite it having been labelled as the "preferred" blue server on the launcher. The majority of the merged population, such as it is, will be coming from Fippy, which has run its TLP course and is basically a blue server itself now. This particular merge is a very logical thing to do, IMHO.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hopefully they would actually mention the server merge date in advance so perhaps this is in preparation for it. Doesn't affect me but would make sense for them to announce it. Then again they don't always do things I think are sensible :)
    Metanis likes this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

A while back, somone was trying to make the case for server mergers (before it was announced) and pointed to a particular server as evidence. I want to say it was Fippy...might have been Vox...I don't remember.

They said that there was literally no one playing on that server...not a single soul. Out of curiosity, I decided to see for myself. I made a toon on that server and logged in.

It was a ghost town. Doing a /w all returned only me. There were no traders. My toon was the only one in general chat. Unless every player on that server was anonymous, it was a completely dead server.

It was definitely time for a server merge. :D
  10. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Dang, I guess I have a toon somewhere else then! Do you recall what server started with the 51 toons(AAs)?
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That 51/50 server was named Mayong

It lasted one year then merged with Tunare
    Skuz and Buster_Shruggs like this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Are they offering players the choice of a server transfer elsewhere prior to these server transfer dates? I'd like to pitch we have 4 active raiding guilds on Bristlebane. That might not mean a lot if you don't raid but there's a lot of grouping going on as a result. It may completely change your ability to EQ and dramatically so moving over from a ghost town server.
  13. Pelrond Elder

What happens if my account has 8 chars on two servers that are merging? I mean, 8 on both for 16 chars total.
    svann likes this.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You most definitely want to iron out which toons you are going to want to keep. You can buy character slots in the cash shop and there's some on the loyalty vendor if you have the Crowns. You can have 14 on each server with those maxed out.
  15. code-zero Augur

In the past they allowed one free transfer from the merged server per character IIRC
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Trak had a FREE server transfer via the /servertrasnfer command. Not sure if its currently active. It was active before EQ was DBG iirc. Don't quote me on when it started! :p
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Hmm, i thought it merged with The Combine (first TLP server), prior to combine catching up to live in UF.

I definitely could be wrong though. They did definitely give you free xfers off mayong though, I moved all mine to drinal back in the day.
  18. Thunderkiks Augur

The level 51 server was the special server Quarm. After it ran its course all the characters were moved to Brekt.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If they offer free transfers to other servers Xegony has a lot of active raiding guilds and the top two raiding guilds I believe (MS and ROI).

I can definitely say the grouping game is good on Xegony compared to other servers. Before the lockdown our peak evening/weekend numbers would be just over 100 now we peak at 130 to 140 for a casual guild. Other casual guilds on Xegony seemed to have seen quite a bump also.

When possible I would suggest folks stick with their server and see how it goes after the merger before making any decisions. Especially if you are happy in a guild. Doesn't hurt to test out other servers and guilds with alts though. Always suggest folks do a test drive.
  20. Sissruukk Rogue One

Not sure which server you logged into, but it wasn't Vox. Sure, we may be low population, but we are far from dead.

The "preferred" server status is just so they could try to get people onto Vox that were returning players with no toons on other servers. A lot of people prefer higher population servers for various reasons, and some prefer lower populated servers for other reasons. When I returned to the game, I moved to Vox, and found a good home there (Veritas Mortem). I have tried the bigger servers from time to time, but I have always come home to Vox.