Guild Hall Portals

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Trabik, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Trabik New Member

Wish DayBreak would sell Guild Hall Portals in the Marketplace. Our guild recently upgraded from a modest hall to a grand hall (palatial). This caused all the items in the GH to be returned to the owner. As it turns out, some of our portals were owned by
    a. players no longer playing EQ
    b. players who left our guild, but did not take their portal
    c. player who only log in once in a blue moon
    d. current and active players
    I get that you can buy the ToV portal with an expansion upgrade, but there is no way to buy the past portals for TBM, EoK, TBL, or ROS.
    IMO there should be a way for people to acquire these portals, other wise it screws new players who were never offered the chance to buy a portal. And it gives existing guilds a recruitment advantage, since new guilds will be very unlikely to own these prior portals.
    Zunnoab, lockjaws, svann and 2 others like this.
  2. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Never happen.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Deleted my original post cause this is much simpler:

You don't need the portal items since your guild portal NPC has the ports to all the expansions and it is updated with every new expansion

Free, even if you don't have the expansion. IE TOV is offered even though I have not bought the expansion
  4. Bobokin Augur

Not the same Catspaws. You know this.
    lockjaws likes this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

I have NEVER understood the reluctance to sell the premium items from past expansions, like the clicky teleporters (both placeable and personal).

Just sell the items...then you wouldn't have to open up yet another TLP for a quick cashgrab. Restrict it to items from 2 expansions past or earlier and then release a new set of items 2 expansions back in the marketplace when you launch a new expansion. Sell the premium items individually as well as in bundles to people can pick and choose what they want.

This wasted chance of profit would give ferengi everywhere a heart attack.
    Fanra and dreadlord like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No, I don't actually. I use the guild portal guy, I do not use the special ports. Excuse me for misunderstanding.
  7. Bobokin Augur

Which portal object do you give to the portal guy to go directly to EoK FM? How about directly to Crystal Caverns in ToV? Which one goes to the doors of Gorowyn in Skyfire, and which one can you purchase for free to go to Stratos?

Our guild has many active lower level players, so the guild hall portal gets changed from EW or OT to something else, and players have to fork out coin to change it back. We do have some of the portals, but not having a few causes problems for players that joined the guild and were used to having them in their old guild halls. Even so, the portals we have are not owned by the guild leaders, so if we change our guild hall, we could have problems.
    lockjaws and svann like this.
  8. lockjaws Augur

Cool story. I didn't know that Lcea was the same as FM. Now I know, and knowing's half the battle.
  9. Bobokin Augur

Daybreak worries that selling them will make their collectors packs worth less in the future. That is sort of silly because getting the clickies to the current content is important to many guilds. They are not going to wait two years.

Selling the old collector bundle for $79.99 is not going to get it done either because the value of those items are now much less when the content is older. Daybreak is charging a premium price for devalued goods.

I understand what they are trying to do, but someone has to be hired that understands market economics.
    lockjaws likes this.
  10. GoldenFrog Augur

They are talking about the special, placeable, clickable items that come with each expansions premium package.

So buy the top expansion package and it comes with a placeable item that anyone (in the guild hall) can click for free and port somewhere in the expansion. However it's owned by the person who bought the expansion.
    • ToV: Crystal Caverns
    • RoS: Skyfire
    • EoK: Frontier Mountains

The top couple expansion tiers also comes with an inventory clicky to go to the same place.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I do not go "directly" to any of those which is why I misunderstood the post and was trying to offer helpful alternatives. Sorry you feel the need to blast me for an honest mistake as I already apologized for once.

Here are some alternatives while not "easy" they are the ways I use:

Free: Yes it takes a few minutes to run but Nexus to Lcea then run the rest of the way to FM or if I do have extra funds I use the portal stone Fragment of the Combine Spire or Miniature Worker's Sledge Mallet for EOK zones.

I could use Burning Lamp - Stratos: Zephyr's Flight but have never been there. Also if I were going to TBL I could use Burning Lamp - once again never been there.

Although I also have never been to TOV I see Brilliant Frigid Gemstone - The Eastern Wastes (ToV) will take you.

Overall they are not direct routes but perhaps that is what Guild Banners and Fellowships, Wizzy's and mages are about.

I do not have enough players in my guild to park one there so the portal doesn't change after setting it, just like someone coming in and changing it.

I have to farm for many hours just to get enough plat to keep my mercs going let alone buy guild stones. I too would like all those "direct"ports but was unable to afford those goodies and or I just have not advanced to those zones in game yet.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes I see that now.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, I understand what their reasoning is...it's just stupid.

New players will likely buy the current expansion with no way to get the goodies from older premium packs. Putting those in the store will mean that not only will new people shell out cash for the current expansion, they'll also likely shell out cash for all the fun stuff from the past because...it's stuff. :D

I buy the standard editions. However, if I had the option to go back and buy the premium swag at a later date (and slightly cheaper most likely) when I'm financially able to, I absolutely would. That's free profit for Daybreak for doing nothing other than sticking an item in the store.
    lockjaws likes this.
  14. Bobokin Augur

I guess you came off as preachy by saying, "You don't need the portal items ..." and bolding all in your post. As a casual player, I get hit with those kind of comments with almost everything I post on this board within minutes of posting.

I was not trying to blast you personally, but I was trying to make a clear point that supports the original premise of this topic. Please understand the difference, and note that I did not make any personal attacks on you as a player or a person.

With a guild our size, and with rampant poaching by an uber guild on our server, we cannot expect players to use the Nexus to get where they need to go. Even the guild hall portals may not be enough for players looking at alternative guilds when being poached or recruited.
  15. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I'm looking at upgrading to the high end guildhall...is there a list somewhere of all the things you can buy from NPCs to outfit the guildhall? I was under the impression you could buy some port click items to place or is that incorrect?
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Reason I made a guild was so my other chars could port to zones. Guild portal for most part are better port in than my wizard's.

Andarriel
  17. Bobokin Augur

I have said this for years. To their credit, they are selling some older packages now. To their discredit, they are doing it in a way that will help no one - not them and not the players.
  18. Bobokin Augur

You cannot buy them in the Gamebreak Games store. You either have to have them already or recruit someone into the guild that has them or will provide them.

That is the problem the OP and others are bringing up.
    Deux likes this.
  19. KarmaKitty Augur

I just wish they had one unified way rather than the gnome and various items.

Playing a pally, I the personal port items and bind potions. A key ring for ports would be nice.
    lockjaws likes this.
  20. Bobokin Augur

I agree, but that isn't really germane to this topic.