Test Update 04/07/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Xanathol Augur

I understand some folks struggle with math but I can never understand why. For example, Dire Convlusion use to do 16.32967 damage per mana; now it does 7.60986 damage per mana. I realize you're just trolling to hurt another class but you're not fooling anyone - you're just sounding foolish.
  2. Allayna Augur

So many trolls and down players.

As Yep has said, if it’s not good enough for you to load, then don’t, just don’t whine when you see the other SKs smoke you on a parse. Speaking of, I keep hearing Paladins get brought up DPSwise...in an undead expansion on that very same Velks mission a good SK vs a good Paladin, it’s going to go back and forth. SK wins this run, Pally the next.

The reason you see Wulf, Yep, myself speak out is because when this expansion ends and we’re back to live mobs, we’re back to second rate aggro, tanking and cleric level DPS.

We don’t have DOTs to increase our damage output. We don’t have passive swing healing to survive like an SK, we’re not a pet class...

SKs can now tank the best, aggro the best, heal themselves the best (not others at all really), dps like a pure melee, a caster, a hybrid (all 3) with everything being insta cast not sacrificing anything in survival!

If SKs were smart, they’d be against this because it screams “nerf me” in a month...
  3. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Increased mana cost / decreased efficiency is only a problem if you are running out of mana in situations you dont have planned or predictable downtime, or if your increased downtime would reduce your killing efficiency over time.

I'd take a 3x damage boost for a 5x cost increase on any crush or reprimand no questions asked, because thats just free damage.
    Sancus, RPoo and kizant like this.
  4. Petalonyx Augur

Careful, or you might expose some truth. SK desperately need more aggro, more dps, more self healing, more tanking ability, more pulling utility. Every other class does all these things better, at the same time! SK can't even get groups!

/eyeroll
    Allayna likes this.
  5. svann Augur

Most players care about damage per second more than damage per mana. Consider that wizard L115 ethereal brand is worse dpm than their old version L110 ethereal skyfire. I dont think you will find many wizards choosing the L110 version just to save mana.
    Kalipto, yepmetoo and Renotaki like this.