My god you guys would complain about anything.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by C3lowz, Apr 12, 2020.

1. C3lowz Augur

You guys want a new server so bad? Well look whats going on here now. They lift the premium requirement for Mangler and a lot of you are complaining about Que times.

You do know a new server will be A LOT worse?
  2. XavierSelos New Member

This is a bad argument. It's possible to launch new servers without crazy queues or lag- it just requires the host to devote the proper resources (hardware) to the server. The continued issues with mangler- it's been crashing regularly long before the ftp month, seem to indicate that DPG isn't willing (or able?) to devote the money required to support these servers to the degree that is needed.

When you consider the recent split of the label from daybreak and shockingly sudden departure of the executive producer, it's growing harder to avoid suspicion that that the future of EQ is bleak.

Chastising players for complaining about lack of access to a product that they've invested money and countless hours into is ridiculous.
    topple likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't play on Mangler myself but I think they have plenty of justification for some complaints about the situation there.

They have had weekly if not daily server crashes, now they are having queues.

I think there should have been a priority login for subbed players since they are paying customers & F2P can be queued, they can either sub to join the priority que, they can wait in line, or they can go check out another TLP with F2P enabled.

So in conclusion I think your criticism in this case is unduly harsh.
  4. C3lowz Augur

It is not directed towards Mangler and the fact that they can't play, but more so that if they were to release the server right now as people demand, would be an absolute crap show of complaints of long wait times, crashes etc etc. With probably more than half of the playerbase at home out of work, we'll likely see their servers put to the ultimate test of stability, and if the past repeats itself, it won't be pretty.
  5. sumnayin Augur

A lot of speculation in this "fact" post
    BlingBling likes this.
  6. C3lowz Augur

Fail to see speculation when 1, it happened already, with every Classic TLP launch. 2. Its happening right now.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

You all should pray that they aren't delaying the next tlp until they think it will be a queue-free launch.
  8. spliFF New Member

GG, They added the server setting too autokick idle people now too...
    Nothing better than getting booted of the game all the time and have to log ALL WAY BACK IN
  9. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

How long does it take to idle and how long after idling does it boot you? Other games will boot an idle person as well, due to limited resources and a que waiting to get in. If the circumstances were dire enough I see kicking idlers appropriate, although a due warning or two, say every few minutes after you began to idle or even did the AFK announcement, should be beneficial to all.

And although I am not a paying customer, I can not complain if they gave priority for certain servers to subscribers, as they are paying their dues and I am just a freeloader (at the moment). It would be nice to have a few servers up for penny pinchers like myself though. But who can really complain, especially non-payers?
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Once PoK comes in it's standard play to afk where people throw out MGBs so it's definitely unfortunate for them to see this further bog down the server. Although I suppose the flip side is it's very busy with a seemingly booming economy flush with buyers.
  11. taliefer Augur

Welcome to Everquest, where the future has been bleak for 15 years
    Animosity and BlingBling like this.
  12. Nolrog Augur

People have been complaining about everything forever. It's not just EQ, but everwhere. If it's black they complain that it's not white. If it's white, the same exact people complain it's not black. My ultimate conclusion is that people just like to complain.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, the horror.
  14. Machen New Member

They have a whole lot of servers up for players who want to play free-to-play. Every one of the live servers. The model doesn't really work for the TLP's. They aren't running a charity and need to make money one way or another. They make money on live from FTP accounts through various offerings on the cash store--aa unlockers, etc. Plus on live you need to sub to play the latest content. You can't really apply that model on TLP's which start with only classic unlocked and no aa's.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Icetech Lorekeeper

I have been on mangler for a few days and have had zero issues logging in, and no crashes at all.. been really nice to see soo many people on also:) POK is a little laggy but that's been bout it.. reminds me of release with so much activity :)
  16. Kalipto Augur

I saw the "can't login cause too many people" pop-up for me and was quite pleased. That means things are going well for Mangler. I'm not even mad =) Good for us!

(note, I don't care about another new TLP, until AA's the game is boring af) Pop+ for life!
  17. MileyVyrus Elder

IoI, touche