Test Update 04/07/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    I understand your reasoning and I totally support that... but do you realize that making that ornaments all/all and increase the price like x10000 would still make them ultra desirable and a solid goal for this? My point is... consider increasing the price a lot and creating weapon ornaments that fit on all slots and people will chase that.
    That Time Antithesis ornament or Fire guardian lance or however you named it on the Currency vendor... I would be farming months and gladly do it if I could ever manage to get it and put that on my Cleric mace... etc!
    Anyhow... thanks for your job on that ornaments... I am produly wielding the Sepulcher ornamentations from the Crate rewards and really like the additions you chose to add to the vendor from the community post.

Just my two cents.
  2. Angahran Augur

Ok, what am I missing here ?

SK dots were pretty much irrelevant before the patch.
    They changed them to not stack with previous expansions versions, increased the damage of the lates one by 3x and the mana cost by 5x from what I have heard.

So how exactly is that an improvement ?
    Xanathol likes this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Ngreth has mentioned his reasoning's on a few occasions in regards to Hero's Forge and classes not able to wear armor types and weapon types/class specific stuff. I kind of get it. If you let all the plate and chain classes wear dresses, people that play dress wearing classes would likely complain more than the classes that want to masquerade wearing a dress. It's damage/complaint control. When it comes to items, I believe players are the most passionate about that aspect of the game - and also most critical of decisions in regards to the how you acquire, the power or lack there off for effort to do so. Those sorts of things. There's aspects to style that maybe should be class, archetype specific. You don't see Paladins running around Faerun in a Robe, as an example. So much of EQ lore, style, bestiary and as with most aspects are Tolkien/D&D based in nature. Preservation of that sort of thing should be important - at least I believe so. To some, when we all started running around wearing Rabbit Ears or a Double Heart headband like I'm prancing around Norrath in at the moment, the immersion started to whittle away from EQ.

That being said, I'd love to walk around in a green robe, holding a woodsy staff or scimitar with a buckler shield and when asked for a port, I could be like "Go ask a druid!" Is the laugh or - well, let's face it, troll job really worth the criticism? I lean to no. Like I said, I get why Ngreth treads lightly on this sort of thing.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The pathetic thing is, I don't even think you're trolling, based off prior posts.

Less emo, more learning to play an SK properly.
  5. Angahran Augur

So, you have no information to provide, but felt the need to be an ?

If damage is increased by 3x and cost is increased by 5x, in your extensive experience, how does that make the new spell better ?
    Xanathol likes this.
  6. Zalamyr Augur

(Please note, I'm answering this question generically and am making no comment on SKs directly. I have no interest in balance discussions on the topic.)

In any case where your mana was typically outlasting the duration of the fight, such a trade off would be considered an improvement. The increase in mana cost would be unimportant, as you previously weren't using all your mana anyway.
    Allayna likes this.
  7. Krazzi Elder

Bond of Vulak went from 1817 mana to 8937.... and 1466 damage( healing 267%) to 3682 damage healing (150%)

Dire Convulsion went from 1987 mana to 9648.... and 3121 damage to 7483 (both -232str -284ac)

Blood of Ikatiar went from 1616 mana to 8234.... and 3434 damage to 8272

Nefarious Blight went from 2383 mana to 6616.... and 3267 damage to 8056

Plague of Zlandicar went from 2148 mana to 7503.... and 3075 damage to ??? wasnt listed in the spell description

Pestilent Darkness went from 2219mana to 6453.... and 1804 damage to 4811
  8. Ravanta Suffer Augur

So...I have no hope of ever dual wielding lightstone ornaments? /cry
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

So, what is the price of the Overseer Catalyst now?
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Is this a serious question? Killing this faster, more exp per unit time, better able to survive though named mobs (if you have a problem with it) as your healing and dps goes up pushing your defensive discs to last longer?

Either you're trolling or you really just need to get better.

Even if you were somehow going OOM when grouping, doing 3x more dps at 5x the mana cost (which doesn't even seem to be the case, more hyperbole) with OOC timers means you take a 3 minute med break every whatever time interval to get to full mana and STILL get more exp per unit time.
    Allayna and Wulfhere like this.
  11. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

26k. Roughly a 50% cost increase
  12. Angahran Augur

Let's try breaking this down because obviously your definition of 'improvement' is different to mine.
    If you went to your favorite bar, and they told you your favorite drink was now three times bigger and cost 5 times more, would you be happy ?
    Xanathol likes this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Thanks.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

That has to be the dumbest thing I've seen written on here in a long time.

Your mana doesn't buy you experience. It buys you damage. And the damage relative to TIME is what you are buying.

Will you get more experience per unit time with this change? Yes, you will. So stop whining.

Do you think race car drivers would be happy with 3x the speed for 5 times the fuel consumption?
    Mithra, Jondalar and svann like this.
  15. Xanathol Augur

Do you even play EQ?
  16. Krazzi Elder

It's really not much more dps, if you cast 6 dots. Assuming they all land the first try, which they dont, then you aren't casting spears and lifetaps which we can twincast both of them. Then take in to account if you use visage of decay it's 50% more mana, after 5 mobs you have to sit down and med up. Yeah you can use thought leech to give you another mobs or 2, then it's down for 18min, so you still have to sit and med up. I'm sure why paladins are even complaining, i've seen paladins do 1 to 2 million dps burning on the velks mission, while healing themselves.
  17. kizant Augur

The SK DoT revamp is a nice upgrade. Stop trying to downplay it.
    RPoo and Allayna like this.
  18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Any fix to Quicktime preventing casting spells in this patch?
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Daedly like this.
  19. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Keeping up 2 or 3 (which is all Ive ever had space for) is a noticeable amount of damage increased at 105, and even with no mana regen sources in the group, hasnt impacted uptime, though it has made them almost impossible to pull with.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Says the guy that posts about how he doesn't play on live and hasn't for years?

This is an upgrade, period. It took spells that for the most part weren't worth casting post 90 or 95 or whatever in most situations and made them worth casting in some situations.

Hey, here's a thought! If you didn't use them before, don't use them now, and stop whining about it.

Let the better players pick and choose when to use their powerful tools while the scrubs keep complaining.

You can use ONE spell gem for the same damage you needed THREE for prior to this. If nothing else, THAT is a huge upgrade.

If you're mana regen is that bad, then time your dot casts with GoM like casters have done for their high mana cost boom spells for a decade+.
    Allayna, Mithra and Jondalar like this.