The Path to 115

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Tappin Augur

Trying to find a progression group at this point is a pita - they are almost nonexistent.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If absolutely NO ONE wants to do progression groups, then I guess you are the ONLY person its affecting, right?

If tens to hundreds of people are standing around waiting for some already made group to invite them to carry them through anything, then that sounds like a personal problem for those people.

Start your own group, and move on with life.
    Celephane likes this.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

You know what I don't miss? Doing 95/90/85 dailies, then camping out because you can only do so many Gribbles and Valley before you want to kys while listening to a general channel full of wtb/wts taskadd
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Tappin Augur

You can claim or say what you want to, but that’s not going to change anything.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yeah, that's exactly right, so stop whining about it.
    Celephane likes this.
  6. Tappin Augur

I’m not whining about anything, I’m simply stating the obvious.
  7. Redsumm Journeyman

This is not entirely accurate, but may be for some. My alt was 20% into 111 when I started ToV merc/partisan. He ended at ~40% into 113 when done. The four missions then got him to 90% into 114.

Couple things that may change this for others:
    1. I got all the GD dervishes in a couple hours in the SE caves. Some report much longer time to complete. Whether that correlates well to number of kills for xp is an added wrinkle.
    2. The group I was in for KD was pretty efficient through all the mercs and lucky on Korrin pop.
    3. I did velks orcs and gargoyles with just my mage and enc (and mercs), so I only did easily accessible orcs/gargoyles. That possibly means fewer overall kills.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Nivek Journeyman

I didn't see him whining, if someone doesn't agree with you or has a complaint they're now whining? It doesn't take a lot of brain power to realize if no one want's to do a progression group, that even trying to form a group will be difficult, make more sense now? Hs it ever occurred to you that the op has a valid complaint and it may just not affect you?
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Maybe the only way to get aa will be via progression. I agree its a bad model but if a lot of folks pay people krono to help them do missions maybe daybreak is making more money from it.

Assuming it the same as this expansion the reason to do it would I guess be so that people new to the game can exp via progression missions in the new expansion as opposed to this one which will be old and impossible to find groups for by then.

I don't enjoy this new exp method at all but apparently some enjoy it. Not sure why it can't be both grind and mission exp.

Grinding exp was the same for everyone. Killed mobs and got exp and leveled. This was much more viable to a wider range of players. Everyone could kill mobs for exp. This new model makes it much harder if you can't find groups, play at odd hours, aren't as good a player as others. Those that have problems doing missions get punished with a grueling grind experience "compared" to all the recent expansions.

I don't get it. No one was complaining about the old method. If they had never introduced this mission heavy exp no one would have missed it. So they added it and now some players like it but they also had no problems with the old regular way. And some players hate it. So they net out at pissing off some players. *shrugs* I don't get it and would love a dev explanation rationalizing why they thought it was a good idea.
  10. Nivek Journeyman

I have a typo and you think it's ok to insult me and say educate myself because of it?

“Great books are weighed and measured by their style and matter, and not the trimmings and shadings of their grammar.” – Mark Twain
  11. Celephane Augur

No, your typo was just dumb. But sticking up for someone that whines constantly about ToV means you clearly don't know what you are talking about.
  12. Duder Augur

To be fair, Tappin whines about everything, not just ToV.
    Borm_of_fv, Yinla, Conq and 2 others like this.
  13. Tappin Augur

I’m not whining, just pointing out that they are going to lose subs if they continue with this change.
  14. Duder Augur

[IMG]
  15. Nivek Journeyman

I was typing on a phone, nothing dumb about it. I wasn’t sticking up for anyone, just stating the obvious. Trying to say I don’t know what I’m talking about, because I said he wasn’t whining is just dumb, and assuming that your opinion and only yours is correct is beyond dumb. Other people are entitled to opinions and if you don’t agree with them you call them whiners, now that is just dumb, but arguing with someone on the internet is really dumb isn’t it?
  16. Tappin Augur

I already canceled all my subs on alts (so this change no longer relevant to me). This development cycle is detrimental to most of the player base, and is going to lead to loss of subs. I am entitled to my own opinion and if you don’t like it, that’s your problem.
  17. Duder Augur

I agree, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion and I welcome it.

...if only you didn't generalize and make blanket statements based on your opinions and instead used "I" and "me" statements...

Everything the developers do will not be well received by the entire player base. But you tend to post speaking for everyone. Your experience and thoughts are not shared by everyone you are seemingly speaking for.
  18. Tappin Augur

The change in way we receive level exp from mob kills to a one time adjustment for progression task completion is an outlier by definition. General statements is properly way to write an opinion. Go write an opinion piece and using “I” and “me” and see how many people actually read the whole thing.
  19. Duder Augur

Generalizing is not proper when you attempt to speak for others.
  20. Tappin Augur

To take things further, conjecture is based on anecdotal evidence, not just my opinion. Casual players tend to pay for at least one account and quite a few players pay for multiple accounts. Not being able to level an alt is going to lead to people playing less and potential a lost sub (this is already occurring on my sever). There is more evidence in this thread of the first portion of my conjecture.