Paladin box suggestion

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Faelim, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Faelim Lorekeeper

Get my new computer soon (soon as the parts come in). Going to start a second box to go with my 110 pally. Currently 200khp and 6k AC unbuffed. Just will be doing casual group content. Shaman or Bard box?
  2. Lisard Silly

bard box

2 rogue mercs

profit
  3. Petalonyx Augur

Definitely bard here.
  4. Livvy_CT Elder

I maybe wrong but 6K AC seems low to just effectively self heal, with no cleric, but if you could manage it would be good
  5. Maedhros High King

At least you arent askin about some bs like a necro box.
    Bard is the master box class.
  6. Faelim Lorekeeper

Thanks for the response guys.
  7. Faelim Lorekeeper

No I want to be able to actually do stuff lol
    Maedhros likes this.
  8. Zalamyr Augur

Depends on just how much effort you want to put into boxing. Personally, I'd lean toward bard because it takes less effort and fills in Paladin weaknesses fairly well. But I'm also pretty lazy with my boxing...

Druids, Shamans, Mages, Wizards and even rangers also work well, depending on how much effort you're willing to put into boxing them. I'd avoid beast/monk/rogue/zerker (too much work to box positioning a melee toon constantly), other tanks (too much overlap and melee positioning), and clerics (combo lacks dps). Necros and Enchanters aren't completely terrible, but they take more work and don't really provide better results than some of your other options, in my opinion.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

Bards are top notch boxes no question. I do like adventuring with a druid for their porting, tracking, and utility though.
  10. Brackson New Member

Bard is always at the top of the list because they can do so many different things. However, do not overlook Enchanter. NET is huge for Paladins. Add in slows, debuffs, incredibly easy mezzes, haste, clarity, and a plethora of runes. You will be able to 2h tank a lot of content without a healer merc.