Upgrades to enchanters for next expansion

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Fian, Apr 4, 2019.

1. RPoo Augur

Petty. Trivial. Complaints. Attitude. Relax.
  2. Lockdown Elder

Thanks. I'm kind of enjoying building up a character from the ground up, and it's free. I'm holding at 55 for the time being. Charm-soloing in northern Goraku Mesa.Got a few AAs saved up. Just the important stuff, like Run 3, Regen 3, Mental Clarity 3, Gate, Mnemonic Retention, Innate Metabolism, plus other stuff.

There is one thing that confuses me. I'm a DE Enchanter. My CHA is at 255. I cast a CHA buff on myself but it didn't go up. So, I figured perhaps I hit the cap. But I purchased the AA that allows me to raise all my stats by 2 points, and figured I may as well get started, since I'll need all ranks of that, eventually. But still, my CHA is stuck at 255.

Any ideas?
  3. Lockdown Elder

Someone sure hates losing an argument.
  4. RPoo Augur

It's not an argument. Once in a while someone says something so ridiculous, pointless that even I can't help but say something. What are you going to do, throw a shiny bob at me and illusion your way out of it? Maybe you'll log in your main and teach me a lesson. If those are your only gripes consider yourself lucky. Bye Karen.
    Verily Tjark and enclee like this.
  5. Szilent Augur

You purchased Innate Eminence, which raises your base, naked stats. Planar Power is the AA that raises your stats cap.
  6. Verily Tjark Augur

Okay that made me lol!

Lockdown,
    Keep doing your thing! I think most enchanters you will find here are max level and were probably answering your questions based off current max level gameplay experience where things like run speed and illusion buffs are for the most part irrelevant.

Hope to see you stick it out, go gold, and get to 115!
    RPoo likes this.
  7. Lockdown Elder

I was max level a long time ago (when max level was around 105, I think) And Lockdown was my Enchanter's name. I got disgusted over the fact that the mindset among the Devs seemed to be. "Okay, this class needs help! What can we plunder from the Enchanters' toolbox to help them?"

And Flusterbolt was born. Auroria Mastery, once an Enchanter exclusive, was claimed by Clerics. This was the time when our class liaison (the most narcissistic individual I've ever encountered) decided that Mezz Mastery was rendering multiple Enchanters in raids obsolete, since it applied to our AoE mezzes. So, she took advantage of her position as liaison, and Mezz Mastery was nerfed so that it no longer applied to AoE mezzes. Good thing the class liaison decided to bounce this off the other Enchanters to see how they would like it first, huh?

The backlash against her was swift and fierce (and deserved) and she was never heard from again. Last I heard she was in mourning. Strange, I know, but supposedly Judy Garland's house fell on her sister or something.

As I remember it, class identity was getting more and more eroded. Ideas that casters wanted for their class and their class alone was, without fail, were given to all caster classes, without regard for game lore or a class's history. For instance, Wizards decided they wanted pointy wizard hats, but only for Wizards. Not for the other caster classes. Enchanters decided they wanted a dispel that worked only on a mob's buffs, not any magic-based debuffs, but only for Enchanters. Since Enchanters were the game's premiere dispeller, the only class to get a dispel at level one. So, of course these things were given to all caster classes.

Or wanting a Perfected Invis vs. Undead, since Enchanters were once the only caster class to get both invis and invis v. undead. So, of course, every caster gets it.

I'm enjoying building my character from the ground up. As a fledgling Enchanter, my old one was group dependent (and not very good; I had a lot to learn about targeting so that I could effectively mezz mobs). But because this game is dying, I'm finding that I'm truly building my toon as more self reliant.

In the whole time I've been leveling, I grouped only once. A wizard in Goraku Mesa found his path obstructed by griffons and asked for help. So, I came by, and thanks to pacify, I was able to single pull them and the wizard, his tank merc, my healer merc, and I made short work of them.

Just to annoy him, I used my favorite puller macro from the old days. "I've got great news! We're all about to get wiped by %T, but I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance!"

"Bye, Karen"? I see no ignore function here, so, I guess I'll have to put with Roo's inept efforts at trolling. I hope he becomes better at it.

Sticking it out? Probably not. The flavor that my class had is gone. More likely, I'll just level up to where I was and, having gone full circle, just retire.
  8. Lockdown Elder

Whoops. Just found the ignore function. Enjoy the rest of your life RPoo. Away from me.
  9. Verily Tjark Augur

I feel hoodwinked. This was all a trick to elicit responses to provide forum entertainment for yourself. Have a good day sir! Save yourself some time and just retire now, imo.
    Vumad and RPoo like this.
  10. Lockdown Elder

Sorry you feel that way. I was genuinely curious to see the direction you guys thought we were taking. And I didn't come here with the plan to retire. I came here checking out what changes were made. I did. Decided I don't like them and decided I would retire.

But if my presence bothers you that much, I will not be returning to these forums, for any reason, now or ever. Good luck to you all.
  11. Colt4954 Journeyman

You just scream so much of I am stuck in the past, times change, things change, get over it
    RPoo likes this.
  12. RPoo Augur

Stooge at your service =P
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  13. enclee Augur

Do, we need to start another thread now?
    RPoo likes this.
  14. Lockdown Elder

Sorry for the disruption. As I hinted at before, I will be leaving. So, discussing me is pointless. Unless you enjoy talking about people who aren't present to defend themselves. Though in my own defense, I will point out, if I were so "stuck in the past," I wouldn't be returning to the game to try it out again. I haven't seen the new endgame yet, so "the past" is all I have to base my assessment on.

And given how far EverQuest has fallen since its heyday, resulting in empty zones and everyone being forced to claim Crescent Reach as their home city, like it or not -- especially when there are so many other more popular social games now -- perhaps being "stuck in the past" is not an accusation that any EQ player should be making.

Food for thought, huh?

And this will be my last post in this thread, for now and all time. I have no more interest in discussing anything here. Not even the weather.

Bye, now!
  15. Dovhesi Elder

[IMG]
    Szilent and RPoo like this.
  16. enclee Augur

Realistically, we need to consolidate down our suggestions/wishes for the next expansion within the next few weeks. So, let’s get everyone’s top 5 things they would want to see adjusted then we can get some focused feedback.
    Genusii likes this.
  17. RPoo Augur

1. New unity buff that combines Voice of Sagacity, Hastening of Cekenar, Legion of Kildrukaun, Legion of Cekenar, Transfixer's Auspice at a cost of 5.5k mana in addition to the cost of mana of each spell, roughly 15.6k +5.5k = 21.1k mana this expansion but would be more of course with new versions of the spells.
    2. Group Night's Endless Terror. Increase the cooldown of the group spell to match single target casts. 4.5 min doesn't seem unreasonable.
    3. Double... maybe triple the range on auras. Some of these raids have a lot of running around and groups get spread out.
    4. Let us be able to turn in more things to Bindral Argaff. even if we can't wear the item we should at least be able to get a spell for the illusion!
    5. Upgrade to Gravity Twist =D Come on it's been 4 expansions and 21 before that.
    Kimbella and Colt4954 like this.
  18. Genusii Journeyman

Ok, Enclee, I'll bite:

1) Charm - 30% base npc.

2) IoG mgb-able. Same as Auspice for rangers.

3) Innate stuns - return to pre-nerf status; passive aa to scale with current expansion/lvl.

4) Runes - return to pre-nerf access and use; spells and aa's scaled to current expansion.

5) Ability to run 3 auras.

I like the idea, Enclee. Let's see.
  19. Dovhesi Elder

1. Group NET
    2. Group NET
    3. Group NET
    4. Group NET
    5. Group NET
    :rolleyes:
    RPoo and enclee like this.
  20. enclee Augur

Adding mine in now, that we got it rolling:
    1. Group NET
    2. Chromatic Haze reduced to a 3 minute timer
    3. IoG reduced to 7 minutees
    4. IoG MGBable, (Genusii that's such a great idea.)
    5. Idealogical Appropriation line boosted damage and mana return
    RPoo and Kimbella like this.