Test Update 04/07/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Allayna Augur

Talk to druids about mana vs dmg. Or rangers, or beastlords...

I’m ready to switch to SK.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Monkman like this.
  2. Mazame Augur

Ok some one has to say it.
    SK are TANKS not DPS.
    Why do the SK new dots cost less mana and do more damage and Last longer then Bst Dots.
    Are you simple trying to get everyone to roll an SK. 150k tick heal + taps SK don't need a healer. They can Tank. They are already do sick DPS and you revamp them so do even more.

When dose it stop. Guilds are looking for people to fill needed classes and your messing around with the one class that is completely OP. Why not fix other classes 1st.

SK were not hurting but with these changes other tanks are going to leaving. How is a war or Pal going to pull aggro from an SK when they are doing 1-2 mil damage per tick.

If people can't see it then you need to wake up. Buffing the already OP SK class is not helping the game.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Colt4954 like this.
  3. Wulfhere Augur

That's a very good point, however critical damage does not count towards aggro. If an SK chooses to expend the huge mana on those dots, their single target aggro should be just the base damage per tick. If not, then I think the new dots need some -hate override too.
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Mazame Augur

The huge Mana is not an issue on raids. Their is a number of Mana tools in a raid to help off set the mana cost. Gift of mana timed right helps as well.

The bigger issue is when you look at raid parses and SK are in the top 10-15 on Heals and DPS when they are a TANK. and then when you look at all the War and Pal that are getting sick of having to Fight for aggro because SK aggro is out of control.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

don't know where your getting the 150k tick heal, our bond is capped at 16k.

the other tanks are doing great damage too (pally cause of undead xpac), SK is not unique in that.

Agro is off of base, so the dots are still not that good agro, over time they could be, but nothing lasts long enough for them to pay off in agro, or damage for the most part.

Raids ours still tick for less than the other classes, so not worth a debuff slot.

In fast groups they wont last on a mob long enough to be worth using. They seem to have an application in soloing now, that or really slow groups.
    Krazzi likes this.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

That is raid dependent, and player dependent, not class dependent.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Xanathol Augur

SKs have always been dps oriented tanks. You may not want that to be the case, but it is.
    Funky likes this.
  9. Mazame Augur

I can understand SK are dps based tanks but They should not be to the point they are more DPS then DPS classes.
  10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Get better DPS players.

Even with boosted damage on the DoTs, I'll probably rarely use most/any of them. They would have to dramatically outperform taps/spear spam for me to find the debuff slot usage worthwhile. Especially with the mana cost increase.

Irrelevant. This is a change to SK DoTs, not a change to those classes.
    Krazzi and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Moncleared Lorekeeper

Thank you! I will hop on test later and play around with this. I know I specifically asked for this change not long ago to support some parsing outside of EQ so I'll do my part in testing :)
  12. Wulfhere Augur

I detected sarcasm from Allayna (who already has an SK). The joke is that SK dots are still going to be more mana efficient then those classes (druid, beast lord, ranger).
    Kurage_of_Luclin, Allayna and Mazame like this.
  13. Gindo New Member

Mom's Love becomes a 45 minute recast and 25k rune

Fancy feast becomes a 10-12k heal with 30 minute recast.

I wish pure melee (love my rogue) could get some aa to help with the fancy feast heal amount. I wonder what others will heal for. It's the same old story like lifetap proc heals being 10x better for hybrids.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  14. Mazame Augur

Sk have a number of tricks to refill their mana The mana cost is not going to be an issue.

No it not a change to other classes. It is how ever a slap in the face to those classes that struggle to fill up their mana.

Where as a Bst I have paragon, focus paragon, SI, mana rod, Canni and a number of other Class buffs to help my mana re gen. When I play a alt group gear SK and can refill the SK mana much faster then I can on my Bst. and then to see the SK dots base damage is higher and last longer. It is a big middle finger to my class. The fact I am having to work my @ss off to put up my DPS. and SK are handle easy mode in everything thing they do.

Their is a reason so many ppl play SK because it a JOKE how OP they are. It like they don't want anyone to play any other class. We should all just roll SK and 54 SK raid because there no need for anything else.
  15. Mazame Augur

That is my point. SK are give hand out for everything. This dot revamp is a slap in the face to the other classes.
  16. Angahran Augur

ROFLMAO!!!!!
    Nadisia and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  17. Krazzi Elder

Hopefully Dire Convulsion going from 1987 mana to 9648 mana, will get resisted less. Sometimes even after i debuff a mob, i still have to cast it 3 or 4 times to get it to stick. That's alot of mana at 9648 per try. Also, that being our only level 115 dot, was it intended that there wasnt a new type 3 aug for Dire Convulsion or was it just an oversight?
  18. Demandred Elder

19. Fintank Augur

Are there any plans to make the new weapon ornaments usable by more than their original type? They currenty appear to function as both 2hander and 1hander for respective weapon types. Can we get them changed to be more universal, for example I'll never use a 2HS weapon with the current meta but I love the Dreamfall ornament. I appreciate the time you spent on these though and how quickly they were added in!
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

At this time. No. I don't want them to fit in all weapon types, and the other changes available would adversely affect people that got them for hands differences.