Lets get a show of hands, who would play on Free Trade TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Piznut, Apr 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

At some point. they need to punish people who participate in threads that violate the rules, not just the OP.
  2. Jalen007 Lorekeeper

While raiding on Coirnav last night, someone read out the dev reasons for not wanting to release a Free Trade TLP and the entire discord erupted in laughter at the comment about only eight people wanting it. Telling your customer base that your saving us from ourselves and sicking your head in the sand while denying there is a huge desire from the player base is condescending in the least. There are many legitimate reasons there is a huge demand for a Free Trade server. For the most part, the first few expansions are Free Trade, it encourages a healthy economy and allows people to pass down equipment to their boxes. On a fast paced server, Free Trade is highly desirable.

Place it on a TLP where it makes sense to have it. Selos, with it super fast pace would have made the most sense. Now we are are finally getting a boxable TLP, it makes sense again, as people can pass down loot to their boxes. People that are against Free Trade can play on the True Box server, which seems to cater to the more puritanical crowd anyway. The box server would have been hugely popular with Free trade. In fact, most people I've talked to were actually expecting it to happen this time around.
  3. Cezz Journeyman

If they make the boxing server Free Trade all the haters will conflate the box army problems with Free Trade rules. It is basically the worst combination of rulesets they could make. So that is probably what they will do.
  4. Moncleared Lorekeeper

I think this is where I am most disappointed. I can understand reasoning behind technology challenges or needing to weight risk vs reward vs value etc. But simply stating there isn't a demand for it or saying 'You guys don't really want that' is just not accurate.

A really good recent example were the WoW folks who kept saying no one really wants WoW Classic. Look at how overwhelming successful that has been.

Two things I'd like to add to the thread here:
    1. I'd enjoy a FV style TLP
    2. I'd rather see a formal way of gathering customer thoughts and feedback versus forums and threads. In game voting would be great, it could be used for more than just FV TLP feedback obviously.
  5. Jaenisch Elder

6. Magic Augur

Unfortunately, a lot of customers have long time not come to this forum, after Phinny 2/3/4 also Miragul etc. So this forum can never bring correct numbers of players who want FV TLP.

But i 100% sure if they announce about new FV TLP server in news and mailing everyone - we will see great ammount of new people who want FV TLP, but without news them will never come on this forum to prove it.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

First off they don't ban cheaters.

Second if they actually did ban cheaters and sent them to the server that server would be at full capacity every week.
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'm leaning towards miragul 2.0

I mean DPG has the stats it's why they released this successful server in the first place.
  9. Rhoulicas Augur

I want free trade pvp in one server called Aradune. A clone of what has ALREADY BEEN DONE would be disrespectful for the man responsible for this game and responsible for the success of MMO games in general. We need a fansy the bard server again!
  10. Chopsuey Augur

If the only change would be making it an FV type server. Say, it's an FV phinigel type server, it wouldn't be enough for me to play it.
    I'm hoping for something more along the lines of 2 month unlock. Start with all classes available, Selo rate xp. Don't care if it does or doesn't have FV ruleset.
  11. Rhek New Member

Count me in for a FV style Free-Trade server. However, I'd prefer in-era raid loot to be no-drop/no-trade. IE: Loot from Vex Thal should be no-trade during Luclin, but once PoP is released, all the VT gear unlocks to be tradeable.

This kills some of the 'pay to win' problems and lets the more hardcore raiders keep prestige while enabling them pass-on their old loot to alts/guild mates, or sell for plat once they receive upgrades (instead of rotting in the bank as they do now).
  12. Waistdeep New Member

I'd be interested in a Mangler Cloned Free-Trade server.
  13. Krim New Member

id play
  14. Zalamyr Augur

To be fair, nothing would be more fitting to "The Vision"(TM) than to ignore all feedback and release whatever they feel like. It's really the most classic idea of all.
  15. Rhoulicas Augur

Ha ha, you're probably right. At least Brad had original ideas though.
  16. Mink Journeyman

+1!
    Mangler was great, but after Luclin / PoP keying and flagging problems many casuals left it till next TLP. I sure free-trade TLP will survive in PoP and far-far more expansions.
  17. Thoon New Member

I would never consider playing on a Free-Trade EQ server.

I am waiting patiently for a no-box server. Until then, p99 gets my donations and playtime.
  18. horridG New Member

I would prefer a free trade tlp. I'd like to know on what basis they decided there was not enough interest, or did they just pull some numbers out of thin air. Or somewhere.
  19. Arclyte Augur

No thanks, theres already enough RMT and box army scumming up regular servers
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Unless they do a Free trade or PvP TLP i have zero interest in playing EQ again period.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.