Devs completely shoot down Free Trade TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeskola, Apr 8, 2020.

1. C3lowz Augur

I like how he says it will be unappealing as for we will never transfer to or from the server.

Like, who cares? All TLP's die. Most will give up on their TLP character and roll onto either a new TLP, or make a heroic character.

And even if/when a Free trade TLP server dies, just allow transfers off onto FV? Unless its spaghetti coded in that you can't transfer to FV from another FV ruleset server.. Just do it.
  2. Jimmy2times Elder

The dev response states, “to be fair only a few people are asking for it...”

You kidding me? This is probably the #1 request I see. And not only that but the live free trade server, FV, is the most populated server for a reason.

Listen man. I hate that no drop BS. God forbid if I have an opportunity to help another player or alt out and pass down a couple of nice pieces of equipment. Or I can just leave them in my bank after I upgrade.

Cool.
    Noreaster likes this.
  3. Alarizod New Member

I was honestly shocked at how that question was answered. Not sure how they could be so misinformed. Everyone that I know who has played EQ, both irl and in game, wants a FV TLP. My brother and best friend (both fans of Brad McQuaid for decades) have told me that would actually come back for it. I’ll play no matter what, but they won’t. At this point the only other thing they told me that they would come back for is an actual effective way to stop all boxing... instead we got a server where it is actually fully allowed (a major step backwards). I don’t think they should name a server after Aradune if they don’t make it something unique that was what Brad envisioned/wanted in old EQ.
  4. code-zero Augur

I'm pretty sure that everyone saying, "Hah! Locked into a server forever? I don't care I'm leaving before PoP anyway so screw you all and your modern expansions give me free trade!"

I'm also sure that they know a lot more about what happens on FV regarding fraud than most of the people claiming to want free trade, enough that they see calls for a free trade server to have ulterior motives
  5. Mink Journeyman

Also from Discord:
    niente
    "An FV rulset TLP would be great, and players definitely have a lot of interest in one. Currently this type of ruleset invites a lot of fraud and CS intervention, which we can't support at this time."

Maybe your solution about making free-trade server with delay this loot rules to later expansions will work (I prefer Luclin, so no need for me getting VT key).

So if them can't support it this time them will have time till later but everyone who play on server will be know it becomes free-trade in 9-12 month.
  6. jeskola pheerie

That was one dev quote. The other two were dead set against the concept altogether for other reasons.
  7. Glistarian Augur

There's never going to be a free trade tlp. They couldn't be more clear about that. Not sure why you all have wasted your time in this thread.
  8. Duality Augur

Yeah no body wants free trade.. *looks at FV*
  9. Kattria Minx Augur

I get that people think FV is popular because of free trade, but it ALSO has an exp bonus. If free trade alone were really that popular, Brekt would be a lot more populated and wouldn't need to merge into FV.
  10. Cezz Journeyman

Stop talking about Brekt. It wasn't a TLP. The end.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Jalen007 Lorekeeper

Brekt was a dump server for the toons that participated in the Quarm - OOM race event server. Why would you even bring this server up? Nobody wanted to play on Brekt . . . because it was a live dump server. Now, if they had just continued the server on from Omens of War, as a TLP . . . then it would have been an entirely different story.
    Rhoulicas likes this.
  12. Jalen007 Lorekeeper

I also don't understand the locked into this server comment. Why would toons on a Free Trade TLP server not be able to transfer on to FV if they desired to play on live?
    ForumBoss likes this.
  13. Iove Elder

So only niente Dev is our only hope?
    Lets make vote and choose him as President! :)

14. Silver-Crow Augur

I think they should make a Free trade server... and as a balance... also make it pvp
    oh the carnage :rolleyes:
    Rhoulicas likes this.
  15. Rhoulicas Augur

I want to play on a unique TLP: be it free trade or pvp again. I am part of the so called minority. EQ Devs: your idea of TLP servers suck. Phinegel, Miragul, Corinav sucked. Fippy/Lockjaw cloning is not the answer. Agnarr was great. Do something creative. Take a risk cowards.
  16. enclee Augur

Wait, they have customer support? I thought it was just automated replies.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  17. Zansobar Augur

I'm really trying to understand why they think trading loot creates fraud? Isn't that what happens in most of the game anyway?
  18. Barder-mangler Augur

The problem is they took a risk on Miragul and their recency bias is clouding their judgement. Literally no one was asking for that server and it failed. I’d garner 70%+ would be in favor of a FV tlp, but to them, it’s still a risk, because THEY KNOW the numbers a mangler clone will bring in, easy to quantify the ROI.

This is actually really akin to the wow “you think you do, but you don’t” phenomenon.
  19. Beep Elder

Miragul 2.0 incoming !
  20. Nozraku Lorekeeper

Frankly, a Mangler clone wouldn't be a horrible idea IMO, if they would just up the unlock rate a little...2 months instead of 3. Just my 2c.