Acct > Acct transfers please!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rekreant, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Rekreant New Member

Could we please get character transfers re-enabled to other accounts, and on tlps while were at it? It used to be a 25$ service, and that seems reasonable compared to the current mmo market. Not asking to transfer across servers, just transfer associated account. That way if I have two guys on one account I can decide to put it on an account to truebox if I want.
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Please, it would increase the number of gold subs/expansion purchases I make to be able to split my max level characters across accounts.
    Rekreant and Kedra Leafwalker like this.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I would pay 300$ for this service, on 4 accounts. Please don't cheat yourselves out of profit, when you finally can devote the substantial cost in man hours it takes to restore this unneeded service.
  4. Allayna Augur

I'd pay that much if it also made the account a lifetime sub. Otherwise $25-50 is fair.

There is zero reason not to bring back this service now that EVERYONE is a veteran flagged account.
  5. Rekreant New Member

Just money floating out there in the ether daybreak, not long for a dev to write a script <3
    Kedra Leafwalker likes this.
  6. Szilent Augur

Potentially splitting developed characters with -- evolvers, quests, flags, what have you? even "just" personal history. has value. It's not just about class & levels to many players.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Perhaps make it an /overseer reward?

Pardon me while I run and hide for that remark.
  8. Celephane Augur

I wish the title had Overseer in it, surely there needs to be at least one more thread about it.
    Meanwhile someone already posted this idea again in the AMA thread pinned at the top of this forum, so we're missing mention of PVP TLP, free stuff because of the world, TLP in general, oh and evil bot teams
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

One issue with opening transfers is the hackers.
    They have to control things first.
    Currently:
    *Auto bot programs.
    *3rd party sites selling kronos, items
    *Lack of GM support on the above.
    Allow transfers? then there would be accounts for sale on ebay. (Remember those days?)

There are already items selling for 14+ Krono in game. One replied, '' do you think Krono is only sold in game?"

Auto bot programs 24/7 for rare and loot, making millions of plat, buying Krono, selling on 3rd party sites. $4 a Krono, rent is paid. That is what this game is turned into.

Several months of petitions the support team has collected on who, what, where, how, when. Support knows the names of players, knows the names of websites, and programs used.
    I don't buy from a 3rd party site, I HAVE SEEN sales on 3rd party sites. I have looked at 3rd party program sites, I don't use 3rd party sites/programs.

Delete your character, you won't get it back. It is a bit of work to restore one. Transfers are probably the same bit of work. It could be easy to change a name of TLP to Bristlebane on your Master Files. But GM's seem to not offer those 'services' anymore. (We don't have the tools). but recent game updates, players lost characters and got them back :)

SOE had specific 'policing' and player support that seems to be gone.

Because of the above, I believe the game would go south if they allowed transferred on a payment.
    Hackers would dominate 120%.

Don't think I'm the buzzkill here. Support needs to stop some things currently happening in the game. (I highly doubt it)
    If you think about it, the game is already 120% hackers ...you just don't realize it. In high end, you will realize players are bored and easily downloading xyz to 'help them play'. Or get a great idea!

...you don't realize that yet.
    DH HA, zone is full of auto bots, zone back in from final hail of Gribble, half your group is in a /pick. Go watch those players. When support doesn't handle it, it IS 120% dominated. You don't know the half of it.
  10. Belkar_OotS Augur

I would use this service!
  11. enclee Augur

I used one back in the day and it cost $50 for the transfer. If you include everything you have to do as to meet the requirements for account to account, subscription and matching expansions that adds up to another $50. It’d be profitable for DPG.

There’s a lot of emotional attachment to characters on top of the years and years of keys, flags, evolving items, tradeskills, etc.
    Xanumbik and Kedra Leafwalker like this.
  12. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

When I split a character on Agnarr, it took about 8 minutes from the automated "payment received" email to the automated "transfer service complete" email.

Its very likely not an amount of work issue.

Welcome to the day krono was introduced. Its been a while.

Its also the purpose of every TLP for a large number of people. With effort, you can make a years worth of game time (or a chunk of $) in a short amount of time, especially in Kunark. I could casually spend an hour farming spiderling or spider silks and make a couple krono. Guy I know who was 6boxing made... 3k krono the month Kunark launched and was the reason they changed the HS key spawns. Its the reason I play a TLP every couple years. Its an awful dredge through content I dont at all care about doing again, but casually raiding on a TLP and spending a couple hours a week farming the right spots pays for itself and all the purchasable stuff I want on live.
  13. dubblestack Elder

Bump, have an awesome beast on my main account I would love to separate and play...
  14. feeltheburn Augur

15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

nah, it only got disabled for technical reasons when they modified character storage formats.

If it'll make money they'll reimplement it; we are just letting them know there is a demand for their potential supply.
  16. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

I would do 3, maybe 4, immediately. I'm aware that things changed over the years, things got lost in the woodwork, new faces came, old faces left...etc etc....but this could be huge money for you.

I'm sure there has been talks about it, what's currently happening with this, anything, or is it that work order that got "lost" at the bottom of the pile?
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its dead, Jim.

Has nothing to do with money. Nothing to do with them wanting to do it or not wanting people to do it.

They broke it, and don't have the customer support to manually do it. If they ever fix it, they will, if they don't, they won't, c'est la vie.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's "broken" the same way McDonalds' ice cream machines "break" every night around 10-11PM

(AKA: It's not broken at all, they just don't want to do it because it has to be done manually and takes a lot more time+effort because they have to verify it).
    Xanumbik, Sancus and enclee like this.
  19. Tucoh Augur

Lotta money being left on the table because of no account to account xfers.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The story I heard was it was a 'script' written by one dev that no longer works there. It doesn't have to be 'done manually'. But they may not actually have anyone who knows the old language/shell it's in AND/OR doesn't have the time or will to re-write that into something they can use.

Is that not the case? I defer to your knowledge on the topic, as mine is less than second hand.

Ice-cream machine analogy is spot on though.