EQ on Shadow PC

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Amio, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Amio Journeyman

Has anyone experienced EQ on Shadow PC/Shadow.tech? I know previously there has been a no-virtual machine rule, but not sure what the developers think of Shadow... I don't want to get banned just because I use it while at work vs home PC.
  2. Valdest Journeyman

I have not, but have tried other virtual desktop solutions. Last I tested this, it was still a ways off.

The ideal of being able to use your phone as a hub to your computer, is getting really close. Attach a monitor, keyboard and mouse to the phone, start an app, and BOOM you're on your desktop.

I also can see potential issues with this on true box or no box servers.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Why would you want to use this with EQ? Don't need that much power. Seems pricey. Not available in all areas. Bad reviews when running it with competitive games. While the ability to size your screen at the beginning is nice, I can see that being an issue with the EQ UI or windowed mode.
  4. Amio Journeyman

Because at work I cannot install EQ, but I can bring a tablet/notebook into work and stream EQ from their virtual servers as if I was using a PC in front of me that had it installed.
  5. Tyreel Augur

You say you can not install EQ but, could you run it off a flash drive? You don't have to actually install it if you fully patch at home you just need a short cut to start eq.
    Copy your everquest folder to the flash drive. Make a shortcut that is ...
    D:EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme
    Note the drive letter may need to change based on what it is assigned at work.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Living dangerously lol, if your employer doesn't get you then EQ might:D Too bad you don't have the work at home option
  7. smash Augur

So basically you wanna play EQ while work, where you supposed to WORK.

You will either be banned, or fired from your work.