ToFS 2, getting instant DT upon /say show

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by PatchinBB, Apr 6, 2020.

1. PatchinBB New Member

Hello,

We are just getting into ToFS 2, and several of our healers are getting instant DT'd when /say show.

Have tried standing directly in middle when doing it, between both sides, and still happens.

Anyone able to explain what the issue may be please?
  2. feeltheburn Augur

gotta move to the correct side when he shows you to your side .....the buff will dt if on wrong side or assisting wrong mob... not seen it instant but is fairly quick if the right move is not made
  3. PatchinBB New Member

I'm saying INSTANT death, when /say show. Not even half a second to see what buff have, to move to correct side.

Not every time, but too often, it happens.
  4. Tour Augur

Are any mobs within 55 feet of the person doing the hail?
    Koryu and Yinla like this.
  5. feeltheburn Augur

AS someone mentioned...cant have mobs there as well and do not have to see the buff just see what side he tells you to be on...easier to read that then scan your buffs
  6. svann Augur

Best move is have a gina trigger to say which side to go to, and dont tank mobs near the usher.

top 5 raid tank priorities imo
    1. dont die
    2. hold agro
    3. POSITIONING
    4. POSITIONING
    5. POSITIONING!
    feeltheburn likes this.
  7. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

You're tanking divorce party guests too close to the usher and/or the people hailing aren't moving far enough away from the mobs before hailing (I usually walk out of the room and hail from there when I do it to ensure I'm out of range)
  8. PatchinBB New Member

Probably is mobs being too close then, thankees much!

55 feet minimum, sounds like?
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

1) Put the usher on extended target, you can hail him from anywhere and follow the text. You don't have to be next to him. So don't say show next to him, move out to the middle, the hall, the back of the room, whatever you need to do if you're having problems.

2) Make sure they understand which side to go to. The debuff name makes you think you go to the wrong side. They can always right click on the spell and see the nuke that it augments if they forget.

3) Don't tank adds on top of the usher.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I would recommend treating the entire middle third of the "dance floor" like lava. Tell you're Paladins not to stun until the mob is on the correct side. Have Bards and Enchanters slow their roll on Mez banes. I'm not assuming either is obvious if DT's are happening. In order to not spawn Dancers it's a team effort from melees staying off (F your stupid parse) until the mobs gets to the correct side to Tanks targeting and establishing agro as quickly as possible to shorten that window in which a mob is in no man's land to slaughter the people being assigned a side.