Headshot Mobs: ToV

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Daredilly, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Daredilly Master

Been raiding only in ToV so far. Have not had time to play with regular zone mobs. Was going to try, this weekend, to find some mobs that can be headshot. Anyone have any experience with zones and mobs in ToV so far that can be headshot?

On another note, I have noticed that our Root spells seem to be underperforming.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  2. Belexes ForumQuester

If there are no more Headshot AA levels added for TOV, then you gotta hope there are some 109 humanoid mobs in ToV to headshot. :)

If you are breaking root while using Bow, make sure you are not proc'ing some DD stuff.
  3. Daredilly Master

There are new Ranks for Headshot, which I have. I have not found Humanoid mobs that it works with as of yet; I did try a few mobs in Rygor Mines without success.

Sorta funny like GMM where Rats could be Headshot but Orcs could not.

Concerning Root breaking; not hitting mob with bowshots or spells, just parking mobs with root lasting far less than in other zones. That said, I will continue to test it.
  4. Belexes ForumQuester

I have a GINA trigger for Headshot and Critical Headshot. When I go to a new expansion or zone, I hear when I headshot something and write it down. That is how I found out about the mech rats in GMM. You can't go by appearances.

If there are new ranks of Headshot, then you will be able to go to RoS and headshot the stuff that is now yellow or white con if humanoid.

It could be that in ToV, there are no humanoid mobs, I guess we will find out eventually.
  5. Derka Power Ranger

Orcs, drakes and coldain were in RoF velious zones I believe (been a while) there seems to be a lot more undead this expac though

As for root breaking early isn't there a resist check every 6 seconds? Maybe our now 25-30 level old spells need an upgrade to keep up with current mob resists!
  6. smash Augur

The balance in tov is like 80% undeads.
  7. Kolani Augur

I'm assuming the coldain, orc and drake mobs that were headshottable in RoF are no longer flagged as such since they appear to now be undead.

However, since massive damage to the head is generally agreed on to be a method of killing undead, this needs looked at.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  8. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Why not be able to headshot animals, any thing with a head should be on the menu, including undead.
    They die if you blow out their brain right ? Or how about a bane arrow that allows for HS of undead mobs.
    Kolani likes this.
  9. Kolani Augur

The orc mobs in Eastern Wastes appear to not fully be undead, they beg you to free them when pulled, which seems to indicate they still have some control of their mental facilities.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I hate to necro a thread, but this is exactly the topic I was coming here to ask...

Are there any headshotable mobs in ToV? Either I can't find any or my ranger has been REALLY freaking unlucky.
  11. Derka Power Ranger

Just the live orcs in the ry'gorr mines. There are enough for a nice rotation.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Well, that would explain it...I haven't been killing in that zone for a while...and definitely not since the ranger hit 115. Thanks.
  13. Szilent Augur

maybe Kodiaks in GD? I know they're live not undead because of paladin complaints in /gu
  14. Derka Power Ranger

You're welcome. They are the only mobs I've found in ToV and I have used them exclusively to level TS earring or back before I maxed AA you could get 170+ AA lessons. Some can respawn as 115 so you either need to skip them or kill melee.
  15. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Kodiaks in GD do not qualify for HS , because they are not humanoid, even though they have a head. It would be a huge improvement if HS worked on any humanoid, animals, and monsters (even undead) with heads that are the proper level.
  16. Thraine Augur

undead expansions are the worst for HSable mobs :( we need a new FM
  17. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

Coldain (non-restless) in CC are also headshottable if you can soak the Faction hits (by going and killign Ry'gorr after this) but the terrain and wandering restless make this untenable frankly.

One ranger can clear the top 3 floors in Ry'Gorr if you know what you're doing. That means there's basically 1 single camp in all of TOV rangers can solo effectively. (Good luck finding it uncamped)