I cannot unsuspend my merc because I'm broke

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bigstomp, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Bigstomp Augur

Trying to help someone in a forced MM for progression.

I cannot pop my merc because I'm broke, even though my proper non-MM toon has many millions of plat.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Bayle Marks
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You're not supposed to be able to use mercs in MMs generally speaking.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. DruMund New Member

its because you lack the skill to figure out this old game. you prolly shouldnt lead groups.
  5. svann Augur

You can buy bayle marks in the store for cheap. 100 coin gets you 20 marks which will pay your merc for 5 hours. Put the coins in your currency tab just before you enter the mission.

Im not sure if you need to remove the coins back to inventory afterward or not but thats what Ive been doing.

edit: send me a tell if/when you get to the dain missions.
  6. smash Augur

You not supposed to use bayle for mercs there, if you can, it is a bug
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Should we bring up the keyring buffs next?
    Sancus likes this.
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Duder likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Who says?

People been using them that way since 2013 at least. I don't see a bug lasting that long......oh wait...what was that trick with illusions and doors?
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Maybe the fact that every time someone finds a monster mission that allows you to use a merc, they nuke it?

Its a bug. You're not supposed to use a merc in monster missions, because they are massively overpowered.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I remember being able to use mercs in MM for the first <15 minutes (depending on if you have a fresh timer). After that, they auto suspend (Halloween MM). Are people able to get around that with Bayle Marks?

If mercs are auto suspending at <15 minutes, it may not be a bug (devs are mum about it) or it may not need a fix.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It's a bug, because you are not supposed to be able to accept the mission with them active and you are suppposed to be prevent from activating them while in it.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Getting around it sounds sorta like cheating to me.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Wait now. You started the thread. Who is asking for the ammunition? (Unless, of course, this thread is a fishing expedition and will likely earn a delete/lock).

As for me, I don't care for MMs and my question was for clarification on the scope of the bug. The only relevant MM to me is Butcherblock MM to visit original East Freeport. :)
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

“He who smelt it, dealt it.”

If you [OP] knew about any bug/unattended gameplay (from this thread or before), you probably reaped the benefit yourself. So don’t be the moral arbiter (behind an anon account).

Best not to commit the abuse and report it immediately via DM.
  16. svann Augur

Most people dont care for monster missions. And thats also the only reason to use mercs - because its hard to fill a group. Of course, thats not an issue for those that like boxing.
  17. feeltheburn Augur

wow ....not enough pp in game to pay a merc? how is that even possible.
  18. Celephane Augur

Read, you don't have plat in monster missions
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

When you shroud or are made into a monster for some missions and tasks - the plat and armor does not go with you. You essentially are nekked.

If shrouding it is simple to just have an alt hand you extra plat after you have shrouded since you cannot go to your bank like when you were not shrouded

If you would prefer to use bayle marks then you can activate them from alt currency.

Monster missions do not allow that interaction with an alt or non monster person after you have been made into the monster and taken the mission

Bayle marks were made and put in the game to be an alternate payment for mercs - they have no other use
    svann likes this.
  20. feeltheburn Augur

I read just fine thank you very much Mr Wizard...his comment was that he was broke. Had nothing to do with the mission, he stated the HE was broke.