Overseer Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Froglok, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

I agree on the tradeskill vendor. I'd rather just use coin to buy what I want.

Last night, on my 3 accounts, I claimed a total of 11 collections containers. I failed 10 of them. I get the RNG, but that is ridiculous. I get half the currency, and a 0.091% success on what I actually want.

I think the it would be best to just make everything on the vendors. Ornamentation, collection items, etc. Just give me currency for everything and let me go buy what I want. Price the collection items appropriately. I already have to deal with a RNG to succeed the mission, then again to get the item I want.

We already have vendors who only respond to flagged players, such as the special merc vendors, so there can simply be a vendor who doesn't sell collection items to FTP accounts.

I still think I should be able to sell my coin. It's not raid coin. I don't see a reason it can't be sold to other players. I guess they'd have to have a way to keep FTP bots from abusing the system.
  2. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Making it no drop is the only way, I personally don’t mind this, not everything should be pay to play. Some of the items on this vendor will be highly sought after.

The one thing I think we can ALL agree on is that these things should all be on vendors, enough with the RNG. Up the coin award a bit and put a few more vendors out, similar to almost any other currency vendors, especially the TBM ones, great setup there.
    Vumad likes this.
  3. Baldur Augur

Suggestions for the 3 conversion quests:

1. Remove iconic restrictions from them. This way you could convert multiple of an iconic agent in the same quest.

2. Remove the max quest stipulation from them. You should be able to run them even if you have 5/5 quests. I would almost like to see them as a separate tab where you can just run them and they are instant, they never move to your active quests.

3. Add a filter to show agents that you have at least 2 of. That way you could easily pick your duplicates to convert.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Tonight...
    Primary account - 4 claims, 4 failed
    Second account - 3 claims, 2 failed
    Third account - 4 claims, 4 fails

2 nights in a row now, 10 out of 11 completed collections claims failed.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

No. The point of Nobles is for plat. Since we are not offering plat as an option, then we aren't offering plat through that method either.
    It's been stated in other threads, But I'll add it here. In the next patch the Collection will no longer be random. Instead you'll get fragments. Four fragments = 1 dispenser.
    I.E. RNG as part of the reward is going away. (Still have to win the overseer Quest, but you would for currency!)
    Nennius, Goburs, Vumad and 1 other person like this.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

Awesome news. I don't mind the RNG win/lose but after winning then going 2/22 (over 2 nights and 3 accounts) I had a pretty bad taste in my mouth.
  7. feeltheburn Augur

[IMG]
    Larger sized pail for Overseer
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

When we move to fragments can the number of fragments be scaled by the level or rarity of a task?

It’s very frustrating that a brand new account with all level 1s is more effective at obtaining collectibles from the Overseer system than a maxed level account trying to do uncommon and rare tasks when available.

Also I’m assuming critical successes will still double the fragment amount?
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

If there was a way to "de-level" my accounts with respect to the overseer stats, I'd gladly do it to get quests I can actually do with the agents I have.
  10. Tenken Augur

Thanks for the reply, what about [Fragment of legendary alaran history] on vendor last thing ill ask about.
    KarmaKitty and Thunderkiks like this.
  11. Szilent Augur

I would appreciate if clicking a Job or Trait in the Quest Party area applied that filter to the Available Agents area.

Currently, clicking [Select Agent] only applies filters of Rarity and Job if they're a "[!] REQUIRED Quest Party slot". I'd like to click for instance "Diplomat" & "Exotic" in this pic to isolate my one Agent out of eighty-seven options, Ssynthi, that fits the bill

[IMG]
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I like overseer. I finished collection on an alt, and nearly completion on a 2nd alt. No more insanely rare collect going for 1 million plat. No having to go back to some old zone and waste hours trying to get a drop or a rare ground spawn.

The coin cost on the vendor is absurd, and should be looked at, and some actually useful rewards put on it (putting type 5 augs worse than the TBM vendor ones is just dumb).

Other than that, its very useful, to augment playing the game.
    KarmaKitty, Barraind and Nennius like this.
  13. Cacky Elder

Less fish scales! The TS rewards that include fish scales generally give more than is useful, and they don't even sell the merchants for 1c, so we have to start deleting them after we have saved a few thousand on a trade skill mule! Enjoying overseer though, keep it up!
  14. Jordis Augur

Yes. I use it on all three of my gold accounts, and on one silver. I think the changes were reasonable.
  15. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Thanks for the reply. Hard to keep track of all the changes and answers when people make 5 of the same thread everyday.
  16. forum troll Elder

^^^ This
  17. forum troll Elder

Not a bad idea but not likely as the nobles sell for quite a bit of platinum to vendors
  18. Moege Augur

Ngreth Thergn, Mar 30, 2020

It is now 1 year and 4 months later, I doubt AA from quest is even on the todo list.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Well they are adding new quests and agents, I still live in hope they will add AA and older TS items as rewards.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I liked this idea, but suggested it would be best as a new Overseer feature:

So for example add a new "Forage" Overseer mission category which will reward uncommon forage items (none of the useless junk) somewhat equivalent to having a "forage bot" in the zone(s) for that mission's duration.
    Ideally this mission allows you to set 48/24/12 hour durations, and allows you to choose a zone, or maybe even all the zones from a certain expansion.

Also, add some "common forage" items Pod of Water/Roots/Fruit/Berries/Rabbit Meat/Fishing Grubs to the harvesting missions that reward tradeskill items perhaps.