Is barter down?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Finfan, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Finfan Augur

Hello! I've been trying to finance new gear by killing bears and selling the hides on barter but for yesterday and today I cannot find a buy line for anything? Is that system not working or can I just not find anything that anybody wants?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

The likeliest two scenarios are that either you are on a low population server with no regular buyers or your server's bazaar zone crashed recently (or the whole server . . . there have been a lot of server crash posts lately). If your server crashed, the person/people buying goods may not yet have set up their traders/buyers.

It is unclear from the wording of your post if you are searching for something specific or not, so, just in case: search with the box empty to see everything people are buying. If your server has lots of buyers and it is too much to display, you can just search by a keyword such as pelt, silk, ore, ornament, etc.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

On the bottom of the /bar window is an arrow that says "all barterers" if you click that you can look at each individual barterer and see what they want to buy. If there are no barterers then your server prob just recovered from a crash and no one is set up yet.

Then, just to double check they were offering the best price I would search on that item to make sure no other barterer were offering better. And then a search in /baz to make sure that price was in line with asking price. Not going to sell something for 10 plat to a barterer when in the bazaar its being sold for 500 plat.

I used to do it this way and then go hunt for what would make the most plat.
  4. Finfan Augur

Ah! I didn't know you could do that. I've mainly been selling the various qualities of bear pelts. They aren't high plat items but they drop frequently.