Prince ralafin all safe from fire

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by dubblestack, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Nylrem Augur

A group I was in attempted this at least 5 times tonight, failed each time. After a couple attempts, came to the board, read this super extremely confusing thread, and failed 3 more times.

Thought if everyone stacked on the containment mob, that would be safe... nope.

Then, thought maybe if stacked on the mobs, where they spawn, directly above their feet (lev'd) may be safe... nope.

So, decided to stay below the ridgeline, so heads were not within line of site of the bridge mob, and DPS mobs from below the ridgeline... nope.

Can someone please describe in simple terms how to get this achievement? Is the only way seriously to pet tank and DPS mobs from max spell range distance, to be out of the range of the bridge NPC?
  2. Duder Augur

I'll PM you a screenshot ;)
    Celephane likes this.
  3. Lianeb Augur

While Ngreth's description above is the technical you have or have not failed.

Pull the mobs slightly down the hill opposite the zone in, and have everyone out of line of sight of the zone in.
  4. Conq Augur

I believe Brewall's map has a "man shaped" outline of "the body". Zoom in, don't stand on the body on your map and you're golden. (Be in valleys, not up on ridges) I've used this method to get this achievement for 10+ of my own toons as well as helping dozens of others get the achievement. This method has also worked for raids successfully multiple times.
    Conq
    Earthy likes this.
  5. Zunnoab Augur

Oh that is some very interesting information! We always tell people to "stay low" but I didn't realize there's one box that they are going underneath, if I understood the reply correctly. That explains why I got myself fried a couple times when the emote hit while travelling from the Obilate to the "valley" between the other three to the north. I never blamed anything but myself for that, but the mistake makes way more sense now.
  6. Ted the Mechanic Journeyman

In our attempts, we tried many things, but what eventually got it for us was pet tank. After making an audio trigger I found out out tank was being hit by the billow every time. Supposedly this isn't supposed to happen, but it did. If you want a bulletproof strat, make the audio trigger so you know if anyone gets hit, then reset if anyone does. Use pet tank and ranged dps only from the lowest points you can find. Goods map has numbered spots, though I don't advise the order. Obviously pet tank has to stay on the hilltop to keep them in the aura. Then it's down to not getting hit while moving. Billows hit roughly the same time spiders spawn. Don't move if rapture is coming. Best of luck.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It's not "the tank" it's "The most hated". Pets can be an odd duck where they are the most hated and NOT what the boss is swinging at ("the tank"). (I think I stated "most hated" above :) ... but not re-reading... so... maybe this is new info?)
  8. Ted the Mechanic Journeyman

Thanks for chiming in Ngreth. Without your earlier post, I would likely still be attempting this. So, thank you. However, we took that possibility into account, and did several attempts without any pets. According to threat meter, no player even came close to the tank in the time he was hit by the billow.
  9. Lianeb Augur

Full proof way (well sort of)

There is a ramp down between sacredot and the zone wall with a little cubby. Put your group in that cubby and pull sacredot to you. Visually he out of the aura on top of the hill but does not gain the out of aura buff on him. Kill him there then have your tank pull the others to this same location while only moving during a time of no AE incoming.

These mobs have a HUGE hit box there is no need to be on the hill with them and still hit them.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

Volume check = an PBAE that includes height. (Point Blank AE)

I believe the volume check occurs from where the mob is suppose to be, so more like a totem than a mob PBAE.

The tank is ignored and wont fail. It should be easier to succeed with a real tank and pet taunt off so there's no confusion on who has the most hate.

If you are failing while the tank is holding aggro, it's because the people in the group are in the box.

What makes it so hard, is that this box, unlike an aura, is invisible no matter how you set your filters.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Close. It's a static box that I "placed" in space (no real placement, it's just numbers in a script) I measured it with the 4 bosses in mind, but it's not "linked" to them other than that.
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

Oh, so there are not 4 separate boxes (1 per boss). It's one giant box that catches all 4 bosses? That would explain why the failures are so high. It makes the Z-axis so much more critical than it seemed. Getting down into the valley below the box Z-axis is the key to success as being levi between 2 bosses would cause a failure.
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

yup!
    Stymie likes this.
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

I just did this today, all range casters in group, pet on bosses (what was available). It took a few tries to get the right boss order and right place to stand for LoS and not get creamed by emotes. May have taken a little long as the emotes started spamming and the mercs were out of mana at the end but won it before wipe.

Everyone stood below all the bosses and never ran over any hills. Stayed as low Z axis as we could.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Pretty sure this check is failing. I believe the MT (most hated) is susceptible to it.

The volume thing for insight is great, but I believe your hate script is not working as you expect.
    Knifen likes this.
  16. Gosan Kai Elder

I did this mission several times to test this mechanic. I was the tank and kept getting the billow. I was most certainly the top aggro every time. It's possible my group members were outside of the volume. Making me the only one in the volume, but then it shouldn't hit anyone, right?

[Fri Jul 17 12:32:51 2020] The billow struck Gosan.
    [Fri Jul 17 23:25:09 2020] The billow struck Gosan.
    [Fri Jul 17 23:35:25 2020] The billow struck Gosan.
    [Fri Jul 17 23:54:12 2020] The billow struck Gosan.
    [Sat Jul 18 00:11:40 2020] The billow struck Gosan.
  17. Earthy New Member

Yes, today the tank was the only one we had on the mob and billow hit it. No pets. We unsummoned all of them to be sure.
  18. Soulbanshee Augur

Any DPS mercs that could have gotten top hate but left you at the current target?
  19. Duder Augur

Stack on the tank. No question of where people were then. When I do it, everyone stands in one place and the only person who leaves that point is the tank to get the next boss and have a timer for prayer so that the tank doesn't go out when its about to go off.

Strategy ala Kaggrak~ Haven't failed it for well over a year doing it this way and have run it for various folks and alts countless times.
  20. Gosan Kai Elder

No mercs. No pets engaged. I was top aggro.

Thanks for the strat. I'm sure some will find it useful in the future. I was able to get the achievement shortly after my testing. I used the valley method avoiding LoS with the bridge. The hit box of each named is big enough to pull them very slightly off their spots and stand in the valley as the tank. Everyone else in the group can stand by the tank and DPS.
    Duder likes this.