Fixed Internally Draught of the Craftsman fail on Crystallized Precious Velium Ore

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by NotUnique, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Moege Augur

Next live patch, start doing Kael/Velks mission for the chance then in May do all 4 misisons for ore drop chance. Better odds that actually camping named imo.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Natal Augur

It can still be 100% salvage, but salvage itself may be limited to a range (say 1-99%). So the wording can still be accurate but it is just the case of the user not understanding the context it applies to.
  3. Natal Augur

It always has had a chance to fail to recover a component. I think this is likely intentional to prevent people using the potion in combination with a very high level combine that uses expensive/rare components to power level skillups.

I did try that once, and found out the hard way that failure to recover makes it expensive very quickly, lol.
  4. Natal Augur

I have completed all of tier 1 hunters, some of tier 2, with many nameds killed multiple times, and only ever seen one of these things drop. They are just far too rare.
  5. Mesil Lorekeeper

Since this is confirmed as bug I would like to know:

• Is this going to be fixed in next patch?
    • Does the potion work now on type 18 and type 19 combines?
  6. Riou EQResource

AFAIK They are just updating the description on the Draught to include:

Note: Some tradeskill combines, including but not limited to Quest or Raid combines, may not activate salvage.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

My experience has been different. I've done that with the craftsman potion 3-4 times over the years and it was always 100% salvage. The only exception was in the event that you actually managed to make a 400+ trivial combine with a crappy skill (which does happen... albeit very rarely).
    svann likes this.
  8. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Ouch, just lost my crystallized precious velium ore on attempting the enhancement aug.
  9. svann Augur

This is wrong. It is a well known method of skilling up to the point where some people wont even buy TS aas because they would rather fail many times to get skillups without using mats rather than increase their chance of successful combine which would up the mats. For years skilling up was the only thing craftsmans draught was used for.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We did manage to find a data error, but only because the code team was also making it so an alt-fail won't roll if salvage >= 100 (Thus falling to "normal" fail, which salvage handles.
    This was a mixed data error and code weirdness that was a "bug like feature." When it ran through fails it would check the first fail data field, if -1, it would stop. It din't check the other 3 data fields. The return crystallized precious velium ore was in the second data field :/ So the LOSS rate WAS higher than I intended.

On the other hand, the salvage code would check the whole array of four possible fail returns, so would see the ore as something that would be returned, and not process that item as salvage (this is to keep from duplicating items with salvage), but then NORMAL return (from what I said above) would not happen because of the code and data oddity.

In the end, a fix for the data AND a change in the way salvage works is coming in this patch. AND code made that part of the code less weird, and checks all four fail fields so malformed but essentially valid data won't break combines.
  11. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Is the proper translation for what you said ...

… the precious ore is meant to be treated as a normal item in the combine and thus has the normal chance to return via salvage. This also means that using a craftsman potion will always return the ore as well...

or is there something else that will be going on?

What you said above is mostly gibberish to me.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  12. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Sounds good, Ngreth. For those of us who experienced the higher than intended fail rate, is there any way possible to have a crystallized precious velium ore returned in itemoverflow? Those suckers are rare!
  13. Beonono Journeyman

Well, at least I know I am not crazy.... good to know, shame it took so long to get looked at.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...lium-ore-type-19-aug-raid-drop.262720/page-11
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

IT was meant to return on a normal fail (Draught or not) and NOT return on the RARE alt-fail. (Draught or not)
    Change: It will return on a normal fail (Draught or not) and NOT return on the Rare alt-Fail. If you are using a Draught, Alt fail will not roll at all, so you can only get a Normal fail (ore returned)
    Duder likes this.
  15. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Appreciate the clarification sir.