Not A Bug Overseer: Uncommon Conversion removes duplicates

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Yara_AB, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Yara_AB Augur

I only do conversions when I have doubles (in agents).
    Just did an "Uncommon Conversion".
    For one of the agents I had 2 of them. For the other two I had 3 (one was Equestrielle).

Of course you can only select the same agent just once in a slot (would help - even for other quests if there was an error message WHY you cannot start the quest if you have one of those agents assigned twice. At least I couldn't find a message so far.) and start the quest.

I was quite puzzled once I found out that ALL instances of these three agents were lost.
    So instead of just losing 3 uncommon agents I lost the full total of 8.

Doing the same with "Common Conversion" it only removes the agents selected and leaves doubles intact.
  2. Baldur Augur

I've done what you said many times and never lost all of a stack.

So you're saying you lose 3 of one, 3 of another and 2 of the last one for a total of 8?

That's crazy if true, like I said, I've done it a lot and never lost more than the 3.

In fact if I crit, sometimes they get saved, and I lose less than 3.
  3. Yara_AB Augur

yes - exactly that.
    I found that quite disturbing to be honest.

Does not happen with common conversion though - only had this happen with uncommon.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  4. Jondalar Augur

I had this happen this morning as well. I usually only do conversions when I have duplicates and only noticed this happening when I chose one with 3 duplicates. and was going to choose another and they were all gone.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  5. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

What happens if you only have 2 uncommon for each conversion, does it remove 6 or just the 3 intended?
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've not had this happen, I've done quiet a few 3s recently, maybe only happening on certain agents.
  7. Hegsheoshed Augur

Just had this happen. I did the uncommon conversion. I had 3 Eldritch Wanderers and 4 Servant of the Ancients. I selected 1 of the Eldritch Wanderers and 2 of the Servant of the Ancients. Ran the mission, finished and no option to select the reward. No Reward! Shows the Agents as Questing (Incapacitated) and the 2 Servant of the Ancients that should have still been there are gone.

Zoned to Plane of Knowledge. While typing the above the mission showed in the active quests to claim. Claimed and checked the agents. It showed one of the Eldritch Wanderers as still questing and the Servant of the Ancients as completely gone, 2 or the 4 should have still been there. Not impressed with the Uncommon agent that I got since I should have gotten much better for losing 5.
    Roartyger Smoot likes this.
  8. Roartyger Smoot Elder

Different account. Same person as above. Losing agents from conversions that I shouldn't. Not seeing them show up again even when the reward is a new common agent. Starting to have mission issues where the agents I would send out are no longer there. Really missing my Fairy Courtier and a few others.
  9. Necrodamus New Member

Looking through my log and I see on March 30th I did an uncommon conversion. When I do the conversions I wait until I have 3 of 3 different agents, rarely do I do it where I have 4 of one type and 3 of 2 other type agent. 3 Pixie Jongleurs used for one conversion! No record of the other agents used. Missing extra Gatherers and Kirathas Druids. Starting to aggravate my high blood pressure! Not making the eye I had the vitrectomy on feel any better. Going blind here with anger and frustration. I am lucky I have one good eye yet but this really takes the cake, and Overseer Agents.
  10. Necrodamus New Member

Always running the log file. I don't know if I have the patience to check the number of log files I have to check. Running a script to find the lines I need is something I need my brother here for and he works for a place up in Seattle. Not really a way this will be easy for me to figure out beyond the easy way I pay monthly so I can also stop paying monthly.
  11. Roartyger Smoot Elder

Forget it. Just forget it. You reset the account that has Roartyger the character on it and not the account that has the Roartyger chat handle on it. I already cancelled all my subs. You should have noticed that first before compounding the issue. FFS
  12. Yara_AB Augur

Just had this happen again:
    Hat Challice 3 times
    Tumpy 2 times, Arsonist 2 times.

Added each of them to the uncommon conversion ONCE and BAM:
    - all 3 Challice GONE (1 gone as expected, 2 more gone in excess)
    - Tumpy: 1 gone (as expected)
    - Arsonist: 1 gone (as expected)

This really needs to be addressed!
    Could it be that this only happens with certain agents? I did take screenshots a couple of times but those times it didn't happen.
    Challice could also only be added to the conversion once (iconic?). So this could be one of the reasons.

If we are not supposed to have those iconics more than once, the system should avoid that or give us an agent that can be converted.
    eepok and Wulfhere like this.
  13. Yara_AB Augur

Counter-Example that worked correctly:
    2x Tandan, 2x Shadowman, 2x Magus: Each was removed once and 1 is left after the conversion.

And right after another bugged example (different account)
    3x Elia, 3x Lanika, 2x Clockwork results in:
    - Elia: 3 removed
    - Lanika: 1 removed
    - Clockwork: 1 removed
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Bug looks to be happening whenever you use unequal amounts of agents.

So long as you use 3 that have the same Quantity things look okay.

I very much doubt that this is intended behaviour, thanks for raising it as a bug issue, Original post liked.
  15. Yara_AB Augur

That could be the reason - yes. Usually I don't wait for long enough to have 3 / 3 / 3 and to be honest:
    I am not going to risk 6 uncommon agents just to give it a try. It is annoying enough as it is at this point.
  16. Yara_AB Augur

Unfortunately it doesn't appear the theory about "uneven" or "3 or more" doesn't apply.

Just had one uncommon conversion bite me:
    - Tira (2x)
    - Gearwell (2x)
    - Shadowman (2x)

Removed by conversion:
    - Tira (2x)
    - Gearwell (1x)
    - Shadowman (1x)

Only difference this time: Tira had 1 one a quest and I could add the other to the conversion.

-------

RARE conversion:
    - Overvolt (2x)
    - Joleena (3x)
    - Nethryn (3x)

Removed by conversion:
    - Overvolt (1x)
    - Joleena (3x)
    - Nethryn (1x)

----

Now this is an overall problem.
    I think I will stop with conversions until Devs can say for sure the issue is fixed.
    At this point I am just losing too many agents for nothing. ;(
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Possibly having one on a quest removed it from whatever check is taking place making it unequal?
  18. Yara_AB Augur

would make sense at least.
    I hope they can reproduce that thing ...
  19. Nilwean Elder

I'd guess the bug here is that phantom duplicates can show up in the agent list. e.g. My agent selection window shows I have 2 Garanels, but my agent list shows only one.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Yara_AB Augur

I can at least say that the missing ones were not phantoms. They were on the list, too.