Zero Overseer Recruit Quests in 7 Days?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Killaas_FV, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Killaas_FV New Member

[Wed Mar 25 12:30:38 2020] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Recruit Fighters

That was the last time i was offered a recruitment quest from the Overseer. Am I the only one? Everyone I have talked to said the longest they have waited was 2 days. I checked for one every 12-hour rotation. Even my 2nd overseer account I started on Monday is level two and has had 3 recruit quests. I've been given two recruit quests since patch day.

FTG ^5
  2. Maedhros High King

3. Tevik Augur

I've had several, but they usually require agents that I don't have to run them. :confused:
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm going to ramble on a bit.

It's been a hot minute since I've had common recruit missions. I seriously thought they were an every day occurrence when Overseer first rolled out. I'm really glad I paid attention to what people recommended doing on the boards here and I grabbed all of them. At one point, all 5 of my running quests were common recruit missions. It's just RNG being RNG. Not a complaint, just what I experienced. The other side of that experience is, I've had several critical successes that lead to gaining a common agent. I'm not sure if I have all commons, but I haven't had difficulty stacking things in my favor finding agents with bonuses that increase my success percentage. I haven't failed a quest since the patch that fixed the math.

What I've been doing daily to gain experience in job types is running 6 hour quests up to twice a day and before logging out for bed I grab 12 hour tasks. I've been ignoring 24 hour tasks for now, save recruits. I want a large stockpile of commons to turn into uncommons later. I've spent maybe like 500 SC to just auto-finish said recruits. I'll just use my monthly 500 to do so to speed things up a bit. I by and large just do my 5 at a time. I'm not even close to the maximum 20 quests daily. I think once I did 17 quests in a single day. I'm at level 3 recruit and am like 30%-80% into level 1 on all job types doing the bare minimum. We all may as well take advantage of being stuck at home until May and make a nice dent into leveling Overseer. It doesn't take a ton of attention and it's a nice little distraction at the moment.

I'm still a bit apprehensive at the prospects of a pay to win strategy inserted into EverQuest. I've played about 2000 hours each in both Tera and Vindictus. (I didn't play EQ for a spell after the data breach, I was pretty incensed at the time). To even be able to participate in those MMO's, you really needed to pony up a little money here and there or you'd receive the boot from groups for not exceeding the needed item level (Attack score in Vindictus). You know, because gear automatically means skill! But yeah, I don't want to see that kind thing infused into a game I pay a fee to play and make a yearly purchase on client software as well. However, as another player mentioned (Maedhros?) the people that pay are helping keep the lights on. That's a good thing, and let's be honest: as a player base, we're more "well off" than most other games base on the average per player. The majority of people that play EQ are college educated and/or are retired and have disposable income. It's a large part of why those lights are still on in the first place.
    KillaasFV likes this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

One of my accounts somehow zoomed past the other two in Recruitment XP, and is now "grinding" out level 4. I no longer get common recruitment quests...they're all targeted quests to recruit a specific agent that require rares/iconics to run. And it sucks so much ogre booty.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

My husband's account has 2 recruitment tasks running right now, Mine has none and hasn't in like 4 days
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

One of my accounts can't even run the common recruitment tasks has has available, he lacks the agents those have needed, I am not spending any more money on this system though, I will just have to wait & hope that eventually a recruitment task that it does actually have agents for appears one day.
  8. Lianeb Augur

There should a trade agent option.

Like Pokémon “gotta catch em all”
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I've gotten rare Recruit Worker tasks 2 cycles in a row, and both times I've not had a 3 Artisan to do the task.