Fixed Internally End the return mission bugged

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by yodo, Feb 15, 2020.

1. yodo Augur

Step 9 of the mission says "Spread the substance you found over the parts" but when doing that the task doesn't update. The Glob of Oil doesn't let you click it in the wrong spot so that can't be the issue.
    svann, TheDarkGloe, Baldur and 7 others like this.
  2. Cheopis Journeyman

I can verify this to be true. As of @ 11PM on 2/17/20, this quest is broken and cannot be completed. I have used my character "Bigchoppa" on Firiona Vie to attempt this step four times, in four fresh instances after cancelling and re-getting the quest.

It is flatly broken. I even pulled the NPCs in the room out before killing them once, in case rampage or other AE effects might be damaging the boxes. No Go. Whether in Aqua Goblin illusion, or with no illusion, the quest absolutely will not update.

I have tried activating from inventory, from a hotkey, while in front of the boxes, or while on top of them.

Zip. Zero. Nada. Broken. I have burned about 40 globs of oil now, and have never, not even once, gotten an update.

Please fix this. Trying to work through old quests is rather painful if they are completely broken :(
  3. Moege Augur

Would help if the OP actually said which expansion/which quest npc.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Jokskilove Palzerker

Gyrospire Beza #4: End the Return
    svann likes this.
  5. Cheopis Journeyman

Quest giver is the Clockwork Warmarshal in Fortress Mechanotus

The quest is a series, you have to do the first three to get the fourth.
  6. Cheopis Journeyman

I tried something else today. This is a group mission, and I normally do group missions with a trader in group, so, clearly, they are normally not with me in the mission instance.

Today I tried again, with all team members in the instance, and in the same room with the parts.

Bigchoppa is L110. Fargaan is level 96.
    Bigchoppa's cleric alt was active.

Having the entire group present in the mission and in the same room as the failing objective step made no difference. No update when the oil was used on the crates, or next to the crates in Tomokow's room.

Still no workaround that I can find. Progression is dead.
  7. Cheopis Journeyman

Correction of data above, because it might matter.

Bigchoppa is L110. Fargaan is level 96.
    Bigchoppa's cleric alt [merc, not alt] was active.
  8. yodo Augur

Stuck doing this 1 mission over and over for random clicky drops, sure would be nice if I could beat it and move on. Currently about 0/150 on task updates when spreading the oil.
  9. Rage Lorekeeper

Tried doing this twice and had the same problem. I assume it has something to do with the patch a few months ago:

End the Return - Made the following adjustments to the steps that involve using the Glob of Oil or Burning Ember:
    - Increased the range at which these items will work on a nearby target by about 50%.
    - The check for closest valid target will now skip any targets which have already been affected.
    - The Z axis is no longer taken into account when determining nearest target.
    - Widened the valid area in Tomoko's room where the objects can be used so that it no longer says you're not in a valid area when up against the south wall.
    - It's now necessary to oil all the tools before any of them can be burned.
    - Burned tools now disappear.
    - Fixed the bug where you could burn multiple tools with one use of the ember but only get credit for 1.

From the August 21, 2019 patch.

This mission is required to complete the faycite bone circum. Please look into it.
  10. Cheopis Journeyman

While this content is old content, it is still useful content for progression servers.

Can a dev please respond and let us know you are aware of this bug?
  11. The_Trickst3r New Member

Had the same issue, impossible to complete and blocks you from progressing the mission chain. Very frustrating, fix this please!
  12. yober Elder

Still impossible.
  13. Rage Lorekeeper

There are almost identical steps using the same item in both Zeka 1: Did we forget the cheese and Zeka 4: Cut off the head that work perfectly fine if that helps you fix this.
  14. TheDarkGloe New Member

stuck on this quest need it fixed plz and thank you
  15. Tokyrouk New Member

Can confirm it's still broken today, this is one of the last things I need for Hero's Journey. Couldn't care less about the Ancient Faycite Bone Circum itself, I just want the achievement for Hero's Journey progress
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'm looking into this today.
    Cheopis and svann like this.
  17. yodo Augur

Thank you!