ToFS 2 AE Bug

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Syylke_EMarr, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Not getting much traction on this in the Bug reports section (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tofs-wedding-raid-ae-bug.263310/), so figured I'd mention it here.

There appears to be a bug with the AEs from the bridesmaids/groomsmen (Ire of the Bride/Doom from the Groom) in the ToFS2 event. Randomly people will be hit by the AEs multiple times per cast. This is NOT related to the Usher hails as I have seen this happen before any hails were even required.

It is definitely possible that we are missing something, but I have heard of others experiencing this as well.
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Try not to tank them all on top of eachother? Separate them as they ae eachother..
    feeltheburn and Daedly like this.
  3. Maedhros High King

Seems to be the biggest problem at event start. Geomantra, Shield of Order, tons of runes should fix that up. Once you have thinned out most of the wedding party it is definitely less of a problem.
  4. Allayna Augur

The bigger issue is that the usher requires you to re-hail after a death or it continues to add fail mechanics.
    Zaray likes this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Don't die. Easy peasy, like this whole freaking expansion.

But yeah, stop tanking them on top of each other, they all AE.
  6. Szilent Augur

Ten minutes into the event with only one celebrant active, we should separate all ten of the Pelpas? That's your simple fix, that we should spread out Pelpa from Pelpa and Pelpa and Pelpa and Pelpa and Pelpa and Pelpa and Pelpa and Pelpa and Pelpa?

[Sun Mar 29 15:45:27 2020] Pelpa begins casting Doom from the Groom.
    [Sun Mar 29 15:45:27 2020] Pelpa hit you for 8826 points of unresistable damage by Doom from the Groom.
    [Sun Mar 29 15:45:27 2020] Pelpa hit you for 60413 points of unresistable damage by Doom from the Groom.
    [Sun Mar 29 15:45:27 2020] Pelpa hit you for 60413 points of unresistable damage by Doom from the Groom.
    [Sun Mar 29 15:45:28 2020] Pelpa hit you for 60413 points of unresistable damage by Doom from the Groom.
    [Sun Mar 29 15:45:28 2020] Pelpa hit you for 60413 points of unresistable damage by Doom from the Groom.

Anonymizing the other 157 hits across the raid from that single cast of Doom is more than I can be bothered for, so you only get the log lines of my damage. It killed 13 characters.
  7. Syylke_EMarr Augur

That's what I was talking about. It's not multiple AEs from multiple mobs. It's one mob's single cast of their AE hitting 6-8 (or more) times on a single person.

Which is, again, different from being hit when you have the wrong buff, as that just increases the damage per hit, not the number of hits.
    Scornfire and Xeladom like this.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

We saw this bug in MS on Xegony for the first time tonight … wiped a bunch of us out.

[Wed Apr 01 20:18:57 2020] Lerty hit you for 8886 points of unresistable damage by Ire of the Bride.
    [Wed Apr 01 20:18:57 2020] Lerty hit you for 49335 points of unresistable damage by Ire of the Bride.
    [Wed Apr 01 20:18:57 2020] Lerty hit you for 67181 points of unresistable damage by Ire of the Bride.
    [Wed Apr 01 20:18:57 2020] Lerty hit you for 64602 points of unresistable damage by Ire of the Bride.
    [Wed Apr 01 20:18:57 2020] Lerty hit you for 65247 points of unresistable damage by Ire of the Bride.
    [Wed Apr 01 20:18:57 2020] Lerty hit you for 67181 points of unresistable damage by Ire of the Bride.
    [Wed Apr 01 20:18:57 2020] Lerty hit you for 65247 points of unresistable damage by Ire of the Bride.

Had 158 hits on various folks at that second.
    Xeladom likes this.
  9. Maedhros High King

So this was different tonite at raids for us as well. Seeing the same kind of things people are posting. Taking 10 strikes of Ire of the Bride in 1 second for 60k plus each. We re-got the instance and did not encounter the same thing on the 2nd attempt.
    Chopin.Xegony likes this.
  10. Zunnoab Augur

For the people not reading the topic and posting "keep them apart," this bug is when a single mob casts multiple times at once.

This happened to me on beta actually. I followed up later (my guild only tested the event once) but people in the comments insisted it must have been fixed. I wonder what causes it?
  11. Daedly Augur

So that is what is causing deaths to trigger dancers?

I wonder if that is intended, and if so, how long after fees someone has to do the usher again.
  12. Lianeb Augur

If you had one of the debuffs when you died you need hail and get it again, and for every death while you have one. Until such a time the usher responds with “it is not your time yet”.
  13. Maedhros High King

I would guess it is not related to the hailing mechanics, because we skip the hails and just burn through(sounds easy but good luck without big-time dps).
    Thus there was no-one that died and needed to re-hail for us.
    Now could it be possible that if someone dies and does not "re-hail" (even if they never hailed in the first place) that the fail mechanic kicks in anyways? I suppose so.
    Best answer is to just burn and not let anyone die I suppose.
  14. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some relation to new instances, and most of you had been doing all 3 events in a single night so hadn't seen the issue before.
    svann likes this.
  15. Syylke_EMarr Augur

No mention of a fix in the test patch notes, so bringing this back up.
  16. MiataDriver Augur

Won't help much if you get hit 10 times in a row from one single mob for 60k each time as we are seeing happen.
  17. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

This happened to us last night. Couldn't reproduce it, first time it has happened for us.
  18. Zunnoab Augur

It looks like it's been fixed from the patch notes, however I can confirm from beta it could happen on a first instance. Whether it could happen on a first run without an event reset, however, I don't know. It's nice it was fixed so quickly though, knock on wood.

On a side note, I love this event. It's exactly as it was described, with the event's mechanics taking center stage and only the bosses posing a serious threat as long as everything is controlled.