Botting / warping groups making it difficult to complete Hunter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ashigaru, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Celephane Augur

2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Except the GMs cannot prove that those are actually different people, nor can they prove that those people are not making a concerted effort to get someone they don't like banned. It has happened before on several servers in the past.

There are several checks that are automated to prevent warping and other cheats serverside, some programs simply have ways to fool the game into thinking that the method used was an allowed method. Also, there is nothing at all which prevents one from attacking 2 different mobs at the same time, unless you are claiming that both of those mobs are perma rooted.
    FubarEQ and Celephane like this.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

The technical aspects of this are meaningless. Any player who purposely causes another player problems should be suspended. Anybody remember the Play Nice Policy? And it wouldn't take rocket science for a GM to devise a test to determine if a player is adhering to the PNP.
    Celephane likes this.
  4. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

This is exactly what you need to do to stop it. Daybreak does have an algorithm that is suppose to detect warping across the zone. Sadly the algorithm has been broken since release and unless you prove it with a video or something it's hard for them to confirm it.
    Have you ever had a campfire by a zone line and killed mobs in the zone say in the middle or opposite side of the zone. Then clicked your campfire tried to zone over and get the message "The zone is currently not ready to accept visitors then get booted to the opposite side of the zone? That is actually the algorithm for warping that causes that. It's a step counter when u zone in a zone the server gets your loc and follows your steps as you make it to the zone line. If it suppose to take 500 steps to make it there but you do it in 100 it sets off the algorithm and causes that message. When it released it would even do this if you was CoH across the zone. That was fixed quickly but the other issue like campfire is still buggy.

Sorry for the horrible explanation but that's basically how they detect warping. Being bugged it is not normally enforced. But you show them actual proof that cannot be denied what occurred they will deal with it.
    You can say things like jacka$$ soandso warped across the zone. This gets you nowhere. Send a video of it and they will deal with it. Random accusations with no proof will fall on deaf ears.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You first have to prove that they did this. Otherwise, I can claim that you purposely did something to cause me problems, and get you suspended when I might not have ever even been in the same zone as you. Or someone else could have actually done the thing, but you were the only one who I saw near by and I said you did it.

The PNP itself outlines what the GMs use to inform their decisions regarding conflicts between players. It isn't anything testable, it requires research and even then without first hand knowledge, it is difficult to determine what actually happened. Going by what a fair number of people on these forums say, those who are against botters and warpers tend to make as many or more suggestions that violate the PNP more often, than what the warpers and botters do tend to violate it.
  6. bardlives New Member

when so many players in all guilds on AB complain and make tickets about this player and his bot teams perma camping and warping around in certains zones , then at least DBG should investigate. I think they by reading "general"or just watch those player could get all the evidence they want for perma banning them forever.

if that is to much or to intensive workwise, then maybe DBG should make it possible to get pick from zones like GD and other outside zones which our nemesis botter like to permacamp and make unplayable for other players
  7. Enchilada Journeyman

And the next problem is if you do exactly that then - outdps him - you risk being suspended. If you want to have a chance on a named and set your camp close to the botters then the last suspension was accusation on training the botter - when he realized it, he recorded the stuff. This happened a couple of days before. But pulling close to the botter results always in possible aggro problems too.

If everybody could act with the possibilities of a player, then this could be solved with a burn race. But it seems that the data, DGB gets is not very closely examined and cases are handled differently. The botters accounts may have been suspended a couple of times, so are the ones who worked against him. And in times when everybody has to sit at home because of that darn Corona Panic this is a real pita. Heck, the botter is even bragging in general chat about his AMD3990X with 128GB Ram to support his 60 bot toons. And still DGB does not do anything against despite most of his toons are meanwhile very wellknown. He might be more careful now and switched from GD to CC or EW, but still has his 24/7 running in Stratos, FM, Esianti, EW for ages.

There are more botters on AB, but they are in a remote corner doing their thing and not at hotspots and they don't harrass players. Botting is not really the problem. People who don't care what they do are.

As player if I would not get into trouble dealing with the botter in the means, this game provides, then all this issues would be easily dealt with - it would be even a part of the fun - using all spells and tricks to kick his bot crew into nirvana.
  8. halrick New Member

guys,

DBG dont take actions against this loser because this guy pays for approx 40 toons, and banning him would make a big loss of money, thats the only explanation
  9. Zaph Augur

Still a team of them warping and Kill stealing active on AB (was in crystal caverns today), who do I have to talk to for something to be done.

I can tell you character names and this one was guilded
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So what is going to be done about these botters?

Different team in Crystal Caverns today, so either its the same crew with different chars or everyone thinks this behaviour is acceptable.

While we were killing named, first I knew there were there was the swarm pets on our named. Was no one around when we pulled our named then suddenly out of no where this group appears.The extra DPS was nice, but we didn't need it, it would have died just as easily as it did.

These botters are harassing players on AB and need to be dealt with severly, we really don't need others jumping on every named we kill.

Can AB get a GM to police the server and deal with those that are cheating as there seems to be more and more each day.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Enchilada Journeyman

It is only one single botter who is harrassing AB. Ask in general chat on AB - and many can tell you exactly which of the toons are from him. You don't find ANY other botter than him at ToV or TBL.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You sure about that?

This was chars we haven't seen mentioned anywhere before and one of them at least was guilded.

Others have been reporting they cannot target these botters these we could.
  13. Enchilada Journeyman

Deadly sure! You want a list?
  14. Xyphen Maximum Augur

If you described EQ to a software engineer who knew nothing about the game, the first thing they would say is, "couldn't you just automate that?". Stuff like warping and cross-zone pulling needs to be addressed. But bot groups that do little more than a typical group of meth'd out players going on 24/7 aren't simply destroying the game.

Can we be real here? Botters have at an average/minimum 6 accounts + paid bazaar mules. They are typically annual subscribers and each of those accounts have the latest expansions. As far as I know, botting isn't free either, so they have an additional investment in the game. With such prolific botting on every server, it's no secret that that's a healthy chunk of revenue keeping the lights on for a relatively ghost town of a game.

If I was an executive at DPG, there's no way I would send my GMs out to lay the ban hammer on a 6-account botter with a solid sub track record because the F2P guy can't get his mob. That's the nature of a game beyond its glory days whose debt was sold off to an investment bank.

If I had to pick between the occasional annoyance of a bot group taking a named, versus not having EQ at all, I'd take the occasional annoyance. There are just so many other things to do in the game.
  15. kookoo Augur

* IF * these paid accounts come from their *pocket* ? or it is from kronos they buy from players in game , since they can farm for a lot of plats .

same for the expansions now that we can buy from players in game for plats ( or kronos ),
  16. Enchilada Journeyman

Gosh Xyphen - are you another account of Crybaby or don't you even understand the real issue here?

Its not about botting per se. It is about THE botter who is harrassing AB for over 2 years and killstealing regularly while having his 60 toons regularly 24/7 mostly on hotspots and who is mocking people and laughing about in general chat and bragging about his computer setup. Nobody cares about the small amount of other botters who are remote in a corner instead camping the most important areas.

Even the most simple mind can understand that. And it is highly antisocial if people steal nameds which others camp for hours or days. That these people on AB are highly angry is not a miracle - if you don't understand this fact then something is really wrong with your moral compass...

And to claim that the guys are F2P people is an insult to all who paid and are therefore angry. Either you have no clue or this next Crybaby account tries to troll here...
  17. Bigstomp Augur

Who cares if they're paying for all, or a few and have an army of free to play toons. The point is they're cheating and they should be gotten rid of.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We are not talking F2P players here, these are players who pay their monthly subscriptions to play, they do not want to be harased by botters warping around zones KS NPCs.

Darkpaw are losing players who are sick of nothing being done about these botters, what is going to happen to EQ once all the players who are greaved by botters quit and the botter has to start killing his own PHs, think they won't quit too?

These are cheaters, Darkpaw needs to start enforcing its rules in the EULA.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nenamile like this.
  19. Nenamile New Member

Most if not all the players who have expressed their concern in this thread far from being ftp players are raiders with more than one account.

The problem is not confined to ToV zones. The same botters groups can also be seen fairly frequently in FM and also in RoS and TBL zones.

And if the problem was an "occasional" one there would not be the depth of feeling about the issue that exists on AB. People are videoing what is occurring and sending the videos to Darkpaw. The reality is that a video will only show the end of the action not the starting point. And when the starting point is behind the gates at Eastern Wastes zone in the difficulties in providing incontrovertible evidence are obvious. I would love to think that the silence from Darkpaw on the issue is indicative that moves are being considered by them to address the issue but after around 2 years I fear I would be deluding myself.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Yinla like this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They even showed up in VT !!!!

No idea why they thought they needed a full group to kill mobs there....:rolleyes: