The Coronavirus, EQ Anniversary and Dark Paw Games

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stephen51, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Stephen51 Augur

So the Anniversary events are well underway and the bonus xp is about to come to an end.

Bonus xp is always welcome, but I think at anniversary or holiday times, it becomes expected, and we can become a bit complacent about it.

The World is facing an unprecedented time in history. A pandemic that could yet kill half a million or more if people do not isolate themselves until such time as the virus is eradicated and/or a cure can be found.

What Verant/SOE/Daybreak and Dark Paw Games gives us every Anniversary is fantastic and I am grateful for it. It would be a nice touch, if you Dark Paw, considered extending the double xp another month (or 2 weeks, or week even), to give your player base a boost and maybe keep some people isolated a little bit longer. In the scheme of things, its something very small, but ever little helps.

I am not sure if DBG have discussed the pandemic, and whether it is having a positive effect (many people ordered to stay at home) or a negative effect (many people out of work) but it would be a nice touch if you could do something extra for us, to show you care, just like when the team updated us of how they were working from home and self isolated, that the EQ community responded with nothing but messages of well wishes and the hope that they would stay safe.

2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Oh good, an identical thread, I get to use my identical meme reply!

[IMG]
    FubarEQ, Celephane and Stephen51 like this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If DPG on their own decided to give more bonuses that is all fine and dandy. With all that is going on around the world with covid 19 it is sad some folks are trying to use it to push DPG to give out more game bonuses.

Thank you to all the folks on the front line helping people during the pandemic.. Store employees, folks delivering food, first responders, doctors, nurses. Whole lot of folks are stepping up there.

What would be nice is for DPG offer some item for sale which we could buy in game and then the profits could go to the Red Cross or some other organization so WE could show we appreciate being able to play EQ while we are self isolating. Just a thought.

P.S.
    Also a big thank you to DPG for keeping the game running during the pandemic so we can play EQ.
  4. Herf Augur

XP bonuses are a big help on TLP servers for two reasons:

1. it attracts new players because they can now level up quickly to a point where they can group with existing players (or at least their alts/boxes) on older servers [servers which have been removed from the poorly named "Preferred Servers" list]

2. it attracts returning players who may have gone to other, newer, servers.

XP bonus times always show an increase on population on Agnarr, which we need.

If DPG doesn't want to give us the complete, current 50% bonus, how about 25% as a Corona Bonus, aka., Coronus for an extended period of time? Just a little sumpin sumpin to make take our minds off RL.
  5. KarmaKitty Augur

DPG do your part by providing a 100% XP bonus and increased rares until May 1st.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. dreamweaver Community Manager

All of the removed posts were political in nature.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Good idea that
  8. Hayzeus Augur

I like Corwyhn's idea.

People want to help.

Can DPG help us to help?
  9. Hayzeus Augur

Maybe Dreamweaver can bring Corwyhn's idea to the team to see if there is any merit there?
  10. Soulblaze Journeyman

"Double experience"

I wonder if this guy is aware there is no double experience going on right now.
  11. ManglerNecro Journeyman

Not all new and returning players want to play on any of current servers, I prefer new server and not care about bonus exp at all. Maybe bonus exp help server like Agnarr, not sure, all other older servers already have very good exp without bonuses.

But I agree with
    Them need to open new TLP(s) ASAP for all players who want it. Even server like Coirnav with slow exp but with some extra improvements (like FV loot) will be very popular now.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

From another thread Prathun did say:

So I think it is safe to assume the developers are very much aware of the interest in the new TLP coming out ASAP.

The "technical hurdles" are the new features that they want to roll out with these two new TLP as they will form the baseline for TLP going forward (they will lead the next gen of EQ TLP).
  13. Sikkun Augur

Much better idea than the 50th thread demanding that they be given something right now! Would be much better to actually help out instead of demanding freebie and employees to work extra to get new servers up faster.
    Celephane likes this.
  14. Bobokin Augur

Please keep in mind that although there are players that have had more time to play because of the pandemic, some of us have been quite busy in the real world trying to handle this. My friends and family have not been able to do much more than pop in for an overseer or maybe a quick HA from time to time.

For those of us who actually have less time to play, extending the anniversary bonuses across the board would be nice.
    eepok and Yinla like this.
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Reduced lockout timers would be nice.
  16. Mesc Old Soul

Good job Dreamweaver. I am so sick of people bringing there politics here. I come here to get away from that stuff. People who keep bringing up politics should get a 3 day suspension from the boards.
    eepok likes this.