Not A Bug Missing Title

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Froglok, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Froglok Augur

The Title of "Cavalier" is supposed to be granted to Paladin's upon reaching Level 51. It is not showing up on my list of Titles.

The Title "Lord Protector" is supposed to be granted to Paladins at Level 65. It is not showing up on my list of Titles.

The Title "Saint" is supposed to be granted to Paladins at Level 70. It is not showing up on my list of Titles.

The Title "Holy Defender" is supposed to be granted to Paladins at Level 75. It is not showing up on my list of Titles.

Mayhap the Level 51, Level 65, Level 70 & Level 75 Titles for other classes might also be missing?
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I believe you are mistaken.
    1. The titles "Cavalier" and "Lord Protector" aren't in data
    2. For Paladins, level 51 is Duke/Duchess
    3. Level 65 is not a level where paladin's gain titles. They do gain titles at 55 (Sir/Lady shared with SK's) and 59. gains two, Avenger and Crusader (Both also have a low AA requirement) They can also gain titles for various Epic Weapon progression.
    4. The CLASS names naturally change (when some does a who on you and what you see in your item window), and I believe that those names you mentioned are what you get (I think it's in code not data, so I may not have access to confirm)
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No way to add the suffix "the insane" for the Gift of Laughter I completed but never got? Got the other rewards but not that and no way to ever get it since its a one time once a year quest.
  4. Froglok Augur

Paladins definitely had the noted titles at one time at one time. I remember them. Used to be that every 5th level a new title was earned (starting at 51, then 55, etc.), when those Levels were first added to the game. This stopped after Level 75.

As I recall, these were the first titles we ever got, and they were all class based.

These titles were separate from the AA based and epic based titles.

There is a Forum thread about titles and someone posted a link to Zam where the very titles that I speak of are noted.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/list-of-eq-titles.2818/

Were they taken away from us and removed from the game?

PS

I had Duke / Duchess as Level 59 & 24 purchased AA's in the Class tab.

Sir / Lady as Level 55 with 12 AA's purchased in Archetype.
  5. Froglok Augur

PS -- As a note, I understand what you mean when class references change like with /who. It also shows up in your Inventory window.
    However, I could swear these were also actual Titles that we could put up for all to see, above our heads.
  6. Tlail Elder

These are not "titles" that you can "wear" in front of your character name by using the title-window.

If you do a "/who" all Paladins 51 - 64 are shown as "Cavalier" , 65 - 69 "Lord Protector" and so on.

It still works :

[Mon Mar 30 21:18:32 2020] [92 Holy Defender (Paladin)] ZONE: frontiermtnsb
    [Mon Mar 30 21:18:32 2020] [100 Holy Defender (Paladin)] ZONE: ethernere
    [Mon Mar 30 21:18:32 2020] [52 Cavalier (Paladin)] ZONE: poknowledge
    [Mon Mar 30 21:18:32 2020] [90 Holy Defender (Paladin)] ZONE: lceanium
    [Mon Mar 30 21:18:32 2020] [68 Lord Protector (Paladin)] ZONE: codecay

Tilail
  7. Froglok Augur

Yes -- as a class -- but not as a Title.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

The title isn't "the insane". The title is "the Lunatic"
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You are correct but it still doesn't change anything. Still can't get it and they cannot fix it. But its a suffix not a title lol
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

There's definitely something wonky with the titles. My BST has the 51, 55, 60 titles, but not the others. My Necromancer has only Warlock (60) but has strange ones like "Lich Lord" and Blight Lord"

Paladin is definitely missing Caviler and Lord Protector.

My Monk has, 51: Disciple, 55: Master, 60: Grandmaster

My Druid (original):
    51: ?? (should be Wanderer)
    55: ?? (should be Perserver)
    60: Hierophant
    65: ?? (should be Storm Warden)
    70: ?? (should be Natureguard)
    75: ?? (should be Storm Caller)

But I have strange titles like: Natrualist?? Diviner?? Prophet?? (That's a lvl 65 Shaman title!), Spiritist??, Waymaker??

It seems that some have gotten overwritten and/or disorganized from the originals.
    Froglok likes this.